• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN005: Kabigon Became Gigantic!? The Mystery of Daimax!!

Not a bad episode. I thought, I'll will expected that Scorbunny will be them together except only getting lost at the process without get off the train right in time and getting back to Ash and Go is such a long process without any hardship. Once arrived, just in time before Snorlax begun it Gigantamax.

Overall rating of the episode: B-

I enjoyed this episode quite a lot actually. It was nice to see a part of Galar get properly featured unlike last week and I also liked the music featured for the introduction of the Wild Area, though the rest of the episode's music wasn't as good. I appreciated that the Pokémon seen in the Wild Area were all Pokémon you can actually see there in the game. I found Hibunny to be genuinely funny and in parts it felt like I was watching an episode of Mr. Bean seeing it come up with ways to get the duo's attention and consistently failing comically. I would have liked to see something closer to actual Max Raid Battle, but the way they defeated it worked in the context of the episode.

Easily my favorite of the episodes so far, however I still think they need to start making Koharu relevant soon or the lack of a main female to act as a balancing force between Ash and Go will start actively hurting the series. Her not being in the preview for next week is not particularly reassuring in regards to this being addressed.

This episode makes me love Scorbunny even more, how Ash, Go and Pikachu never saw it before I don't know

Loved how it kicked things to try and get their attention only to fail was funny to watch, so much better then Rowlet I feel

Loved seeing the variety of Wild Pokemon in the wild area

Gou: Sorry, I've decided Mew will be my first Pokemon.

Gou five minutes later: Hey Scorbunny, be my first Pokemon.

Me: Huh, that was quick. I guess the Mew thing wasn't a big deal?

Don't get me wrong, Scorbunny is a cute little thing whose presence on the cast will be welcome but I was taken aback at how readily Gou just dropped the whole Mew thing considering they spent most of episode one establishing why he wanted to catch it.

That weird curiosity aside, Scorbunny makes this episode. I actually felt for the thing when Gou turned it down, which is credit to Pokemon's ability to get you attached to its creatures in such a short space of time.

Also, I don't know why, but I laughed so hard at the Bunnelby gag. There's just something about Scorbunny opening the door to see a room full of carrots and being all "WTF?" that tickles me.

Easily my favorite of the episodes so far, however I still think they need to start making Koharu relevant soon or the lack of a main female to act as a balancing force between Ash and Go will start actively hurting the series. Her not being in the preview for next week is not particularly reassuring in regards to this being addressed.

At this point, I'm half convinced her Yamper constantly barking at newcomers to the lab is indicative of something. It's certainly looking like we'll have to be patient.

I think they should have given Mew some kind of backstory with Gou. Maybe the introduction episode should only have focused on Gou and Mew and have them bond in some kind of meaningful way.

And how was Gou planning to catch a legendary Pokémon without weakening it first? Maybe he should focus on creating a strong team that can challenge Mew instead of catching a lot of random Pokémon. Especially since Gou has already witnessed Mew's strength.

Maybe not the best goal ever but I hope that it will at least give Gou motivation to become stronger. I just hope that Satoshi and Gou will have something to work towards in the future. Pokémon already has so much filler already so they should at least try to balance it out somehow.

Why does Pokemon XY have better animation than this? Why is the budget of this series severely reduced from XY? We're literally watching a watered down, and cheap version of what we had been watching in the past.

Silly Gou, don't you know that you're obliged to get that Hibunny, 'cause you helped it in the previous episode and apparently it means you're responsible for it now.

A good episode. Scorbunny is charming and it was nice to see all the Pokemon in the wild area. The music used when Snorlax was gigantamaxing was pretty cool, and the "sad" theme that was used in this and the previous episode is becoming one of favorites this series. It gives me Majora's Mask-vibes. It's underwhelming that the "fateful encounter" that led Gou to catch Scorbunny was just kicking a berry into Snorlax's mouth. He was dead set on saving Mew for his first time so I wish they had come up with something more emotional.

I liked this episode. Scorbunny's antics were entertaining to follow, an impending train crash created effective suspense, and the way Scorbunny helped solving the dangerous situation was a nice way for Go to bond with it.
That train scene made no sense. The whole time was I was thinking, "the train could just stop" and that's exactly what it did. Even after Snorlax moved they still had to stop to check the track. There was no danger or suspense at all, at worst an annoying delayed train ride.

I liked this episode. Scorbunny's antics were entertaining to follow, an impending train crash created effective suspense, and the way Scorbunny helped solving the dangerous situation was a nice way for Go to bond with it.
i was curious shouldn't scorbunny personality and characteristics be also noted it was blushing and folding his arms on his back as he was shy to ask to join Go. also he gotten soften with humans as he hurt people in this episode as before he didnt mind at all with Ash.

I loved this episode. Scorbunny's antics and journey to catch up to Ash and Gou were great! Scorbunny was just adorable! I also enjoyed watching Ash, Gou, Pikachu, and Scorbunny all working together to deal with the Gigantamax Snorlax. The music wasn't anything special though. Overall though, it was a great episode.

Decent episode and honestly much better than the previous one (y'know, last week's episode which made Galar somehow look lifeless and empty).
Now insert comment about Scorbunny being cute here even though it's already been said by other folks and I ain't got anything original to say about it

This episode was nothing other than, meh. I mean, I was already totally disappointed by last week's "debut" of Galar, so I didn't expect much here.

I won't lie, there were some cute moments. The random Bunnelby eating carrots in the train was odd, yet funny. I don't understand how in the hell Ash and Go didn't see Scorbunny at all on the train. Not that Scorbunny helped much since he didn't even say anything to get their attention. It was nice to see the precious babies, Wooloo in the Wild Area. And I guess Scorbunny adventures through the Wild Area after he got separated from Ash and Go were funny. Also, this bashfully little bunny continues to be the cutest thing ever. I really think he's adorable. Buuuuuttttttttttttt..............Why wouldn't he just freaking say something?! Dude, stop with the jumping, and bounching, and trying to get their attention with rocks. Just use your voice and SAY SOMETHING! They can't understand you, but they can hear you.I didn't get why Go didn't seem to want to catch Scorbunny at first, and then decided to later, but....I also really don't care. Everyone knew he was getting caught, so idk what the delay was all about. I guess this is before Go has decided he wants to catch 'em all.

At first I was pretty thrown off by the random Gigantamax, but then I remembered that they were in the Wild Area and that literally happens all the time, so yeah. It just seemed like a random problem just for the sake of having Go bond with Scorbunny.

Once again, my biggest issue with this episode is are the major missed opportunities. Dynamax is completely slept on, with Ash and Go only experiencing it through a crisis of Snorlax Gigantamaxing on a train track. No one ever gives a deep explanation of how or why it happens. No one brings up how it's used in Galar's gyms. No mention of wishing stars or anything. Literally what was the point then, just to show off that it exists? Why couldn't they have had some random person give an explanation of it and how it's embedded in Galar's culture. The worst thing is that Ash and Go themselves never seem to even ask anyone about it. They could have asked the Professor about it when they got home, but it looks like they were just talking about Scorbunny. XY and even SuMo had it right. They introduced Mega Evolution and Z-Moves and properly gave a bit of insight to them as soon as they were brought up. Here, Ash and Go briefly hear about it. See it by chance, and then it's over and done with and forgotten about. And once again, it comes across as so out of character for Ash.

Another issue was, again, the lack of new Pokemon shown. We got a G-Max form of a Kanto Pokemon and Wooloo, who literally just appears as a background Pokemon that Ash never really notices. There are plenty of new Pokemon in the Wild Area that they could have shown off, even just for a few seconds. It's just so weird to not see Ash as enthusiastic as he normally is about a new region or Pokemon.

This episode gets a 4/10 ONLY for Scorbunny's cuteness. If not for that, this episode would have had nothing going for it. I could have ranked it higher for debuting Dynamax, but considering how little Ash and Go actually focus on the phenomenon, it felt like such a waste and as such, it doesn't do anything to make this episode more enjoyable. Very disappointing that Galar's debut episode and the introduction of their cultural phenomenon got such a crappy showing in the anime.

Oh my gosh, Scorbunny is just the cutest thing! Gou rejecting him at first though...no wonder this kid has no friends :cautious: But he redeemed himself in the end!

I'm glad we got to see the Wild Area, but I do hope there'll be more in the future, since it is so big and they barely scratched the surface of what the whole area contains. Also, that dynamax animation was fantastic! But man was it disapointing that Ash didn't know more about Snorlax...he literally owns one. Stuff like that is super frustrating (albeit not exclusive to this series).

Also, I'm still hating the research fellows angle. At least the assistants didn't show up just to stand in the background this week!

Pretty decent episode. Scorbunny and seeing dynamax in action is what made it. Oh, and Wooloo!

Kinda disappointing that the show's introduction of Daimax was a "Pokémon gets big, sits on railroad tracks" plot that they honestly could have done with a regular sized Kabigon.

Also shouldn't a bunch of other Trainers have shown up to participate in a Raid Battle once they saw the red light that indicates a Pokémon is about to transform?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom