• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S22 EP48: Z-Move Showdown!

Reaction score
WTP is Machop

Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Ryan Andes
Sam Black
Simona Berman
Roger Callagy
James Carter Cathcart
Neo Cihi
Emily Cramer
Abe Goldfarb
Brittney Lee Hamilton
Bobbi Hartley
Melissa Hope
Riley Joseph
Emily Jenness
Marisa Kennedy
Michele Knotz
Eddy Lee
Mike Liscio
Michael McMillan
Suzy Myers
Ryan Nicolls
Lisa Ortiz
Ben Phillips
Bill Rogers
Erica Schroeder
Marc Thompson

As a self-proclaimed battle hater, but a lover of Z-Moves, this episode was flat out awesome.

I know it was basically just a showcase of all the different Z-Moves but I really liked it. I was transfixed the whole time and actually got chills at some points?! Seriously loved seeing all of the kahunas working together. It reminded me of the big gym leader scene towards the end of XY that I was in awe of.

Also, I don't understand how anyone could say Delia is a bad mom! Her concern on the boat when Ash was going off to fight Guzzlord was very obvious, and it was very sweet. I'm really glad they included that, it was a nice moment for her.

Oh, and Kukui getting his mask ripped off at the end + Ash's reaction was absolutely priceless. I was actually laughing out loud. Ash's "P-Professor?!" was so perfectly done.

Even for mid-league Filler, this was absolutely dreadful

“I am he who shares the will of Melemele Island and the Guardian Deity Tapu Koko, the Island King! The time has come to unit our strengths as one! Full-Power Peerless Fists of Fury!”

“Roar, heartbeats of life! O echoes of the bedrock, piercing through the heavens and earth, go, World’s End Fall!”

“May the full power of darkness consume you! Black Hole Eclipse.”

“Vast roots spreading through Poni Island’s soil, bestow upon us your power! Rising Land Over!”

“Dazzling lights, dance! Engrave into the battlefield the name of the ultimate fighter! Absolutely Pathetic “Ultimate” Dragon Burn!”

“My full body, soul, and power, the zenith of all that I am, become a blazing flame that burns like the mountain of Akala! Dynamic Full Flame!”

“Silent ruler of the forest, Decidueye! Here we go! Shadow Arrow Strike!”

“Snow, silently fluttering down from the heavens, countless glimmering crystals of ice. O freezing Z that covers the land, along with my heated soul, return now once more to the heavens. Raging Geo-Freeze!”

“Feel the sprouting grass and trees, and the breath of the forest! Bloom Shine Extra!”

“Embraced by our mother the sea, echo beyond the horizon! Sea God’s Symphonia!”

“Our systems match up perfectly! Full-power program, run! Absolute Predatory Spin-Out!”

DO YOU THINK THEY HAD ENOUGH Z-MOVES

Ash sending Guzzlord to Naganadel's dimension will never not be hilarious, because now it doesn't have a home to return to. Good job, Ash.

This episode was kind of a chore to sit through in the original because most of it felt like a Z-Move showcase. The dub just ruined it cause it took away the only enjoyable part. The screaming Guzzlords. The Guzzlords having generic monster roars instead of screaming just ruined the episode.

As a self-proclaimed battle hater, but a lover of Z-Moves, this episode was flat out awesome.

I know it was basically just a showcase of all the different Z-Moves but I really liked it. I was transfixed the whole time and actually got chills at some points?! Seriously loved seeing all of the kahunas working together. It reminded me of the big gym leader scene towards the end of XY that I was in awe of.

Also, I don't understand how anyone could say Delia is a bad mom! Her concern on the boat when Ash was going off to fight Guzzlord was very obvious, and it was very sweet. I'm really glad they included that, it was a nice moment for her.

Oh, and Kukui getting his mask ripped off at the end + Ash's reaction was absolutely priceless. I was actually laughing out loud. Ash's "P-Professor?!" was so perfectly done.

why battle hater? most animes feature battles actually. I like well executed ones with a lot of moves, abilities and battle effects activated that make sense and were not much used.

why battle hater? most animes feature battles actually. I like well executed ones with a lot of moves, abilities and battle effects activated that make sense and were not much used.

I just get bored, lol. I know it's part of Pokemon, so it's not like I hate that they're in the anime (it'd be super weird if they weren't!) but a lot of battle heavy episodes just aren't my cup of tea.

There have been episodes where the battles were super cool and held my interest. Most of the Alola League kept my attention pretty well and I enjoyed a lot of those battles.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom