• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN016: Cursed Satoshi...!

Aaaaaand
he caught it.

That's all I saw from this one.

Also James is officially Luigi confirmed.

Great episode even much better than last week. Just to feel Ash in his immortality 10 year old still get cursed or illness after being possessed by Gengar and the battle with Team Rocket. Nonetheless, the haunting finally stopped for Professor Sakuragi house.

Overall rating: B+

That title card was certainly unexpected.

Gotta wonder how they're going to translate that Onix pun.

So Sakuragi deals with the hauntings by just ignoring them? That's... actually kinda effective.

Ash grabbing the back of Go's pants... I can already see this being somehow edited or cut in the dub.

A jerkish former Trainer, huh? And not for a Fire-type starter. That's new (I think).

Ghost-type Busters: Team Rocket!

Double Dusclops. What are the odds? At least the movesets are varied.

At least they avoided the cliche of him catching it instantly after a TR battle.

Aaand that's the first Ghost for Ash! He's finally owned a Pokémon of all 18 types! Congratulations!

What about the freaking turtle??

Come on writters, you're so lazy

Also twins now, that machine is so stupid I hope they broke it.

And yaaay another Kanto Pokémon, we will have gen 1 pokemon but not Gen 1 leaders that appeared in the videogames less than two years ago

Good episode but the series is still empty for me. Thank god episode 19 keeps me interested

And writters:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH1_tz6r0DM

I have a feeling even now Ash and Gengar have a bond and Ash caught Gengar, Gengar is going to do it's own thing when the situation isn't serieus. However, when needed Gengar is going to be a strong and loyal ally.

To bad I didn't see Cubone this episode. Maybe it was somewere in the background when Ash and Go went to the Dome (a funny scene by the way), but I was hoping we would see more of it. Not on the level of Pikachu and Scorbunny, but still... Maybe the next couple of episodes...

So Sakuragi knew about Gengar's action but chose to ignore it because it seems fun.
Nice to see TRio trying to invite Gengar at first instead of just using force to restrain him right away.
It seems Ash is not used to Double Battle since most of his battles in the series are Single (or Tag). I hope he will get more Double Battles in this series.
Even TRio is surprised by how fast Gengar got over its distrust of human lol

Where's Chewtle though?!?

With Giovanni (or other TR members) and/or at HQ I guess.

It's the first Pokémon we know of they have presented him since they gave Giovanni their Unova Pokémon. (Possible their Kalos Pokémon but I don't think we've seen this.) They left their Alola Pokémon and caretakers behind in Alola, together with their Z-ring and crystals... About time they got HQ something.

While I was typing this, technically they'll get credit for the Alolan Meowth... So they did something usefull for the organisation while being in Alola. But if they are worth their payment... :p Good thing they took out Team Aqua/Magma/Galactic/Plasma... in the past. ;)

Last edited:
Are they making Ash a super Kanto warrior? Looking forward to his capture of a Gyarados!

Ash getting strong Pokémon from the start is an interesting option... he’ll be able to hold his own I imagine.

With Giovanni (or other TR members) and/or at HQ I guess.

It's the first Pokémon we know of they have presented him since they gave Giovanni their Unova Pokémon. (Possible their Kalos Pokémon but I don't think we've week this.) They left their Allola Pokémon and caretakers behind in Allola, together with their Z-ring and crystals... About time they got HQ something.

While I was typing this, technically they'll get credit for the Allolan Meowth... So they did something usefull for the organisation while being in Allola. But if they are worth their payment... :p Good thing they took out Team Aqua/Magma/Galactic/Plasma... in the past. ;)
My guess is that since they released mimikyu and mareanie they're not allowed to keep pokemon for themselves anymore.

A very decent capture episode.

it was clear early on that Gengar just wanted a bit of attention. Poor thing seemingly waited years for its Trainer (who apparently didn’t leave Vermillion city in all that time)

Did they mention why the trainer abandoned it?

My guess is that since they released mimikyu and mareanie they're not allowed to keep pokemon for themselves anymore.
Hmmm... But he let them keep Wobbufet tough...

And the Pokémon from that machine can also be lost (I wonder if Wailord was ever retrieved by TR after the episode).

I'm not sure, but I think because of the bad luck/curse Ash also had this episode.

A very decent capture episode.

it was clear early on that Gengar just wanted a bit of attention. Poor thing seemingly waited years for its Trainer (who apparently didn’t leave Vermillion city in all that time)

I think it's just because the trainer is an asshole, that's the gist of what I got from the episode.

I think I know the reason why the trainer left Gengar, it was because Gengar give you bad luck,and because of this he coudn't get laid.

And the Chewtle problem, I mean what the hell, they catch a Pokémon or they bring it to Giovanni and we know nothing about him?

Team Rocket is not being well treated by this writters , 23 years in this series. SHOW THEM THE RESPECT THEY DESERVE

I think I know the reason why the trainer left Gengar, it was because Gengar give you bad luck,and because of this he coudn't get laid.

And the Chewtle problem, I mean what the hell, they catch a Pokémon or they bring it to Giovanni and we know nothing about him?

Team Rocket is not being well treated by this writters , 23 years in this series. SHOW THEM THE RESPECT THEY DESERVE

....They're Team Rocket. It's the writers job to make us pity them

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom