• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Another 1-Hour-Special Announced

Marvel Girl

Comic fan!
Reaction score
From Sushi:

Source: Animedia

There is no new episode on May 1st.

However, like it's been with all breaks lately, we'll get two episodes the following week.

May 8th:
DP077: Everyone's A Rival! Wallace Cup!
Ash and his friends have arrived at the Lake Resort where the Wallace Cup will take place. They reunite with Zoey who has caught a Finneon. Dawn becomes nervous and has trouble keeping her composure. Meanwhile, May decides to enter with Wartortle, and Ash with Buizel...!

Script: Atsuhiro Tomioka
Animation: Kunihiko Natsume / Masaaki Iwane

DP078: Fierce Battles! Everyone's Respective Rival!
After everyone has safely passed the first round of the Wallace Cup, the group returns to their hotel at the Lake Resort and talks about their respective journeys. Afterwards, Ash takes a walk near the lake with Pikachu when suddenly, something in the center of the lake begins to glow, and the shadow of a creature emerges. However, when Ash tries to approach it, the shadow disappears again.
After this strange experience, Ash returns to the hotel and talks to Dawn and the others about the legend revolving around the lake.
The next day, the second round of the Wallace Cup begins...

Script: Atsuhiro Tomioka
Animation: Kouichi Taguchi / Kazue Kinoshita

Dropping by to say I've made a mistake in there: Zoey has captured Finneon, not Remoraid. I mixed up the Japanese names.

Sorry x.x

EEEE, I loveloveLOVE Kameil!

This is going to be so cool.

Ah, Ginga-dan are going after them, aren't they? I hope we'll get to see more of that, rather than them mostly doing things off-screen!

I must say, I honestly didn't expect Squirtle to evolve.

It is looking like the Wallace Cup a contest for Water-types only, that, or everyone has randomly decided to use their water Pokémon.

May has a Wartortle now? That's pretty damn awesome. That stage gets very little screentime and it separates her from Ash's team.

Anyone notice that Ash, May and Gary all have one of the three stages of the Squirtle line now? (Squirtle, Wartortle, and Blastoise)

Aw crap, I thought Misty would showcase Finneon (but whenever she appears again they'll probably give one to her).

Anyway, May's Squirtle evolved huh. That's a good thing. Mid-evolutions need all the showcasing they can get. Wonder if May got any new Pokémon in Jotho as well...

I was beginning to think they skipped over Lake Valor for the resort, but this pleases me, a replay of the same event that Dawn witnessed at Lake Verity. Very interesting. Uber Squirtle evoed, also interesting. So Zoey has two Water types now. I wonder what will become of this.

I wonder if Brock will meet the third of the legendary trio now that Dawn's encountered one and Ash will encounter one...

Oh wait, what am I talking about, an episode where Brock does something important? Lol, yeah.

Wow. Now we know that May is gonna stay for at least 4 episodes, and probably more! Nice.

And as said by u guys, it seems like this contest is a contest for water types only.
This probably means that May is gonna use Blaziken in the Restaurant episode. GIVE!

This is great, but if everyone has to use a water type pokemon, poor TR can't enter. Let's hope that everyone are just using water pokes for fun.

OMG. Another saga, just like with Yosuga Tournament.

Not bad, not bad.

But I hope Dr. Futomaki appears after that saga. We need to see such an elusive game character!

Awesome! Wartortle comes back from being Haruka's Squirtle. Yes, it's been a long while since we've seen Wartortle from one of the AG episodes I believe. Gah! I'm excited!

I figured Haruka's Zenigame would evolve into Kameil, and I'm happy I was right. Hopefully it's a little more mature now, too.

It sounds really cool that there's going to be an extended amount of time dedicated to this little gathering. Sounds quite promising.

I'm laughing hard at Ash using Buizel for this, unless it's not a true contest then it's pure Irony that the one pokemon everyone thought wouldn't be good for contest's is getting to be in one.

lol if Dawn enters as well and Ash does better than her I wouldn't be suprised if trade back threads started happening^^;;

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom