• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S23 EP02: Legend? Go! Friends? Go!

Reaction score
Aired in Canada on Teletoon
Keep spoilers in their respective tags

WTP is Lugia

Sarah Natochenny
Zeno Robinson
James Carter Cathcart
Michele Knotz
Cherami Leigh
Rodger Parsons
Ray Chase
Casey Mongillo

Justin Anselmi
Megan Hollingshead
Emily Jenness
Billy Kametz
Ted Lewis
Mike Liscio
Zoe Martin
Suzy Myers
Bill Rogers
Billy Bob Thompson
Marc Thompson

Were Renji and Kikuna given dub names yet here?
Nope. They are not mentioned by Cerise and they don't speak either.

Cast wise, I'm glad to see them using Ted a bit more. Always find him to be pretty underrated and it's great seeing Casey Mongillo and Billy Kametz getting their chance to be part of the show, Billy's performance as Galo from Promare is the stuff of legends.

Haven't been able to watch the full episode yet, but from clips I've seen, the new dub voices are really pretty good. I wasn't sold on Goh's at first, but he sounded really great in the scenes I saw. I loved Chloe's from last week's clip and loved her even more in this week's.

Apparently they kept the Galar Wild Battle Theme. That's good news.
Both XY and SM anime series retained the game's soundtrack. It's the original tracks that are the question (like the infamous replacing of the XYZ soundtrack).

Also, that dub title sounds really silly. About sick of seeing "Go!" and "Let's Go!" spammed so much in this series.

1589772579834.png

Really not a fan of the Font. Looks so ugly.

Also, that dub title sounds really silly. About sick of seeing "Go!" and "Let's Go!" spammed so much in this series.
I cringed when I read it. Honestly Pokémon Go was a mistake. It may have provided a mainstream return of interest to the franchise, but the longterm effects of it on executive's views on what makes money have been nothing but bad.

I cringed when I read it. Honestly Pokémon Go was a mistake. It may have provided a mainstream return of interest to the franchise, but the longterm effects of it on executive's views on what makes money have been nothing but bad.

But without Pokemon Go the likeliness that Detective Pikachu or even the HBO live action series that's in development happening would be???

The title sounds like borderline gibberish. They should stick with pun titles.

So, the actual series plot begins with this episode, huh? Anywho, cerise's lab looks pretty good, max raid battles are a thing here, have to wonder about the other regions, I too was a research assistant once back then so I like that this is something that both Ash/Goh will be doing on their trip and Chloe is going to take a bit to get used to, but I'm down. Overall an 9/10 for me and once again the dubbing made this especially interesting will all it's aspects new and old.

Overall, I really liked this episode. The female protagonist is actually really funny to me and the facial expressions have grown on me as well (more than Sun and Moon). I also like the new setting and focus on Pokémon as a whole. Goh’s interest in having Mew as a starter is intriguing as well.

HOWEVER, I really don’t like that they retconned legendary Pokémon to be raid battle targets that sometimes appear randomly. They used to be revered as, well, legends. Lugia’s status as a deity has really fallen when you compare it to the ones featured in Johto or the second movie. Even the Hoopa movie’s Lugia was more deified.
Here, it’s just another Pokémon for people to try and catch.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom