• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S23 EP08: The Sinnoh Iceberg Race!

Reaction score
Cast:
Sarah Natochenny
Zeno Robinson
James Carter Cathcart
Michele Knotz
Cherami Leigh
Rodger Parsons
Ray Chase
Casey Mongillo
Tara Jayne Sands

Jason Griffith
Xante Huynh
Laurie Hymes
Billy Kametz
Zoe Martin
Ryan Nicolls
Ben Phillips
Bill Rogers
Erica Schroeder
Marc Thompson

Xanthe Huynh is most likely the voice of Piplup and Croagunk’s owner plus this is the first time Jason Griffith will have recorded his stuff in LA for something Pokémon-related.

Lauren has to be the top 10 cutest pokemon girls, she is adorable. Michelle and Bill back in the booth as Piplup and Croagunk is always nice to hear. Piplup's voice is my favorite dub voice.

Well...this was a waste of an episode.

One thing I really loved about SM was how it got rid of the boring old COTD formula this show has relied on for so long. I really didn't miss those kinds of episodes at all, and that's exactly what this one was. This is another one I skipped in Japanese, so the dub was my first and only experience with this episode.

I found Lauren to be insanely annoying. The "I lost my glasses" gag got old by the second time it happened. I couldn't bring myself to care at all about the rivalry between Piplup and Crogunk. The iceberg race was boring, and Team Rocket got forced back into their usual "try and steal Pikachu, screw up, get blasted off" pattern, with the addition of that stupid prize master thrown in. I guess the ending where Psyduck shows up was supposed to be funny, but I just rolled my eyes at it. Like we really spent an entire episode resolving this lame rivalry only for it to get flared up all over again...?

Oh, and Goh makes two more captures. Amazing that even though I've been keeping up with the Japanese run as well, I didn't realize he actually caught a Tentacool and Mantyke until I watched this episode. That's...not great.

Without a doubt the weakest entry of Journeys up to this point, IMO.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom