• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN028: Sobbing Messon

Good episode and congratulations for Goh have two Galarian starter Pokemon without having an effect or skill except with pure luck for catching Sobble.

Overall rating: B-

It's official

I HATE THIS SERIES I HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT.

Why Morpeko why?

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO TEAM ROCKET?

I'll have to come back for this one, I made it a couple of minutes in and in that time the stream had frozen for upwards of 10 seconds or more at least twice. Once I saw Gou catch Messon in a PokéBall on the first throw that was enough to tell me that I was done. I'm not going to judge the whole episode based on that and I will watch the rest of it tomorrow when the subs come out, but that wasn't exactly a promising start...

I thought the episode would have some interesting stuff for TRio especially involving that Morpeko but it turned out them being here was to provide generic conflict for the sake of it. They didn't even get that Morpeko (@Pokemon Phenom is going to rage) and it turned on them to blast them off a second time.

While Sobble did get some minor development later, the way the actual capture happened was... very underwhelming, random and akin to other generic Goh captures and hence making the entire thing lose momentum. Even Cubone had a better capture. Also didn't like how the entire crying issue was played as a gag rather than a serious issue so it kind of makes the 'scared flashback' seem a bit clashing.

Otherwise, this episode was above average at best. It was one of those TRio play the generic villains and a caged Pokemon is hostage type of plots.

Last edited:
I actually liked this episode. This was kinda like how when Tracey caught Scyther: the capture happens early on, but it takes until the end of the episode for the Trainer and Pokémon to properly connect. And I think Goh seemed really considerate in this episode. He's definitely growing as a character.

You know what I'm going to do the freaking review now without the subs. I don't need it when I see injustice in front my eyes:

POKEMON JOURNEYS EPISODE 28 REVIEW

Liar Liar Pants On Fire

The Plusle
PLUSLE.png

• NOTHING

The Minum
MINUM.png

• So he catches it by incident... clap clap clap.
  • He cries and he is afraid by people... fantastic personality clap clap clap.
  • This is until Go the Saint appears cause you know.. he is a saint now.
  • So the way the defeat the enemies is cause Mr Mime cooks with googles, and coincidence we have a lot of googles on our backpacks.
  • Team Croket. Yeah Team Croket cause this is not the Team Rocket I loved.
  • This is just a promotion tool. Not an anime. They are using the same delivery WWE does, lying with confusing anouncements and promos. Why the two things I love are made by liers.
  • Teasing Morpeko. Now I hate him.

The questions The rant
17908b7ebf13042b48a09c9ee0e4fb9e.jpeg

Who the hell had the nice idea of not giving Team Rocket Pokémon of their own. WHO? AND WHY? I loved Team Rocket when I saw the Arbok and Weezing departure episode I cried when that episode happened, I cried in the Cacnea episode, the Dustox episode, The Inkay episode . The Alola goodbye...Team Rocket are the only ones that make me care for this series. And seeing them threated like this. With random Pokemon... come on who is responsible of this. Team Rocket cared for their Pokemon and now they are reduced to tools.

What a freaking disgrace to Team Rocket fans, what a spit in the face of Team Rocket former Pokémon. This is not fair.

When I saw Morpeko in the final scene I was very happy but when it blasted them off. I was furious. They teased us with Chewtle and now this. I had enough of this. It's time to go.

I will not talk about Go, I do not care about him.

The way Team Rocket is shown in this series is attrocius. They gave them two episode but you could feel that something was missing. A bond.

I like beter a Serious Team Rocket than an empty of meaning Team Rocket. After Alola Team Rocket this is a huge stepdown. Pokemon Masters gave us a better Team Rocket and it was a 15 minute cameo.

Conclusions
question-thought-coloring-book-author-game-homer-simpson-doughnuts-png-clip-art.png

The rating of the episode is the following:

It's a void, this is what I feel when I watch this series: a void.

Team Rocket being like this makes me unnable to stand this series anymore.

So I will take a break of this series and the anime forum for now. I will be watching the forum still but I will not post anything. I'm really disapointed in this series.

So If you want to discuss with me you can send me a private message or post something in my status board.

Take care and thank you for standing me and my rants.

And remember: Expect nothing in return and you will never get dissapointed.

Sobble deserved better than getting with the worst character in all of fiction, even Rose freaking Tico looks better! To add insult to injury he caught Sobble with as much luck as 99.9% of all his other BS captures and it's gonna rot at the lab like the rest!
And the TRio didn't get Morperko
I'm sick of Goh, it's disgusting that I look forward to gen 9 just to be rid of him! The games are good, Goh? lol Not so much
Sobble should have gone to Ash, it's wasted on Go and going to get as much development as Marshtomp and Primarina ie none at all

-1/10

I’ve only seen the screen caps for this episode, but now I’m beginning to worry about the following things:

1. Ash still doesn’t have a water type Pokémon on hand, much like he didn’t in Sun and Moon

2. This likely means that he won’t get any of the Galar Region Starter Pokémon

And

3. He still doesn’t have any Galar Region Pokémon period (and a Galar variation of a Kanto region Pokémon does not necessarily count)

The reactions here are (so far) better than Serebii forums lol.

I don't know what to really say about the episode until we get the subtitles (cause without them things can be taken out of context)

What I wanna know is what was the point of advertising Morpeko if nobody was gonna catch it? (On the bright side at least that leaves room for a certain punk girl to make her first appearance)

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom