• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN037: I'm Back, Nice to Meet You, Alola!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JinksChow

Reaction score
Episode Title from Bilibili, Airdate 09/13, Actual Source Unknown.

For those unfamiliar with Japanese, "Tadaima" is what you say when you return home.

Of course, episode title is still unconfirmed, so please take with a grain of salt.

Personal Thoughts: It makes sense for the Alola crew to cheer Ash up, so this episode sounds nice. However, it looks like Ash will only be spending one episode in Alola, so things might get rushed a lot...

Edit: Updated Source courtesy of AshandSerena on Twitter

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/AshandSerena/status/1297743412506931202?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1297743412506931202%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html1297743412506931202

Last edited:
Finally we return to Alola! I have a lot of high hopes for this episode! We're gonna see Mallow, Kiawe, Lana, and Sophocles again. Ash will get to see Rowlet, Lycanroc, Incineroar, and Melmetal hopefully. Ash will get to learn Professor Kukui snd Burnett are gonna be parents, and hopefully Goh will learn Ash is the Alolan Champion.

even if is for one episode are we sure this is the only one due we could just be the first of the alola visits

Wow, only three weeks away. Everyone's hopes and expectations are understandably very high for this episode, I can't wait for the summary to drop. Personally I wish for Ash's Alola mon, Gou's shocked reaction to Ash's champion status, and Kukui, Burnett and their baby. At the end of SM, it seems like all the students went their separate ways, so have they returned to school already (sans Lillie)? I guess it's not a huge deal, but it did seem like they were setting them up for individual cameos in different regions.

My hope is that when/if Ash's Alola Pokemon are featured in this episode, that will flip the imaginary "reserve continuity" switch and we will finally see Ash interested in using (and remembering) his old mons.

I do not know how likely it will be with how many aspects will be clamoring for screen time, but if we get a proper battle with Ash's Incineroar, that would be amazing; it barely had any time to enjoy its last-minute evolution. There isn't even a clear still/frame of it just by itself!
If Incineroar doesn't get at least one serious battle, I will consider this entire series a failure.

Hopefully this will be a good one. Surprised it'll only be one episode but like Ash, I'm sure the Alola crew will provide some much needed fun that personally I think Journeys has been really lacking.

Waitaminute...do y'all think Burnett getting far enough along in her pregnancy to be showing is something that happened before the start of Pocket Monsters (2019)?
Do you mean that if she appears in this series, she won't be visibly pregnant? I feel like that would raise too many questions, and surely by the end of SM they had already planned to bring back the Alola characters in PM, so they wouldn't want to show something that they would just have to retcon later. I think, assuming she does indeed appear, she will be visibly pregnant or already have given birth.

Ideally I would like this episode to properly reveal that she is pregnant and have Ash get excited. Then later in the series have an episode where Ash goes with them to the hospital for the birth. Avatar got away with it so it could happen here.

Waitaminute...do y'all think Burnett getting far enough along in her pregnancy to be showing is something that happened before the start of Pocket Monsters (2019)?
Eh, I always assumed that the last shot with Burnet being pregnant was a time skip of 4-5 months from the SM finale and Ash's departure, enough to show a baby bump. It'd be pretty cool if that particular shot flows into Ash's return to Alola in this episode though it begs the question about how they'll handle everyone's locked age.

Do you mean that if she appears in this series, she won't be visibly pregnant? I feel like that would raise too many questions, and surely by the end of SM they had already planned to bring back the Alola characters in PM, so they wouldn't want to show something that they would just have to retcon later.

But if she's not visibly pregnant in Pocket Monsters (2019) then that just proves that the little extra scene after the final episode of Sun & Moon is a future event that hasn't happened yet. If that was the case then that wouldn't be a retcon at all.

But of course, as you said, there's no guarantee she or her husband will even appear in the new series in the first place. We'll just have to wait and see.

Well I'm feeling very excited for this episode, feels right that Ash will need cheering up after his lose to Bea, some might think he's over reacting but to be fair, it was one of his worst defeats of late

Can't wait to see his classmates and hopefully his Alolan team again, really hope we see Kukui and Burnet, is she still pregnant, hard to say as who knows how long pregnancies last in the Pokemon world, could be longer, shorter or the same as our pregnancies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom