• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN049: Koharu and the Mysterious, Mysterious Eievui!

This without a doubt has been the best episode of this series.

Goh was awesome. Koharu was amazing,and the Rockets are on a roll lately. Even the gatcha was good today

I have even found a new respect for Pelliper.

Can he stay please?

Gotta say that 2021 Pokémon anime can get good.

What an heartwarming and fun episode, also I take back my words for Koharu not catching Eevee in this episode. However, that doesn't mean Eevee is going to stay at Sakuragi Park. And hope, She/he and Koharu can join Ash and Goh for the adventures in the future episodes.

Overall rating: A-

LOVE THIS EPISODE LETS REWIEW!!!!!!
(y)CHLOE GETING MORE DEVELOPMENT AND CATCHING SOMETHING!!! I TOUGHT SHE WASNT GONNA CATCH IT FOR A SEC!!!:love::love::love:
(y)Eevee's G-Max! IT DIDNT EVOLVE!!!(Wait In Ep014 Pikachu Hits The Thunderstone with Its Tail and Doesn't Evolve NANI???????):eek::eek::eek:
(y)Eevee use.... SPARK????????:eek::eek::eek:
(y)CHLOE IN MORE BATTLES!!! YESSS!!!
(y)YAMPER AND EEVEE WERE SO CUTE
(y)Eevee Chloe Bond PHENONEMON!!!
(y)PELLIPER CAN BATTLEE?!?!??!?!?!
(y)The Final BattleWAS EPICC!!!:love::love::love:
(n) Goh In School WTF???? HE DIDNT GO TO SCHOOL BEFORE!!! THIS WAS JUST A STUPID EXCUSE TO GET HIM INVOLED!!! HE DIDNT EVEN NEAD TO GET INVOLVED!!!:mad::mad::mad:
(n)Team Rocket and the Resarchers Sucked.
(SOBBLE STILL DOES NOTHING BUT CRY!!!)
8/10

Last edited by a moderator:
Not quite as much Koharu as I was hoping there would be, but on the other hand if this is the start of her main character status you want to have all three protagonists get equal screentime to show they can work as a trio, so I'll take what there was. We had a filler villain Team Rocket appearance that wasn't crap, so that was also good, and they actually managed to integrate the Gatcha into the plot well.

Definitely looking forward to seeing this one subbed.

A-, the minus is for the extended Messon crying scene that didn't really add to anything other than showing the Pokémon that wouild be kidnapped which could have been done in a multitude of other ways, but I haven't seen the gag for a while so it wasn't that bad.

(y)Eevee's G-Max! IT DIDNT EVOLVE!!!(Wait In Ep014 Pikachu Hits The Thunderstone with Its Tail and Doesn't Evolve NANI???????):eek::eek::eek:
This Eevee promotes Let's Go Eevee, where the starter Eevee learns a special move corresponding to each Eeveelution. It seems that it learned Buzzy Buzz as a result of watching Yamper. They could easily give it 7 more episodes like this one.

Gigantamax? Way too early to tell. If it happens, it won't last very long. Chloe getting a Pokedex may imply that she'll get a relatively active goal, though.

This Eevee promotes Let's Go Eevee, where the starter Eevee learns a special move corresponding to each Eeveelution. It seems that it learned Buzzy Buzz as a result of watching Yamper. They could easily give it 7 more episodes like this one.
It Didnt Learn ''BuZzY BuZz''. It used COPYCAT.

Considering it can't evolve and has a special tail as in LGE, I find that hard to believe.
Buzzy Buzz means Shooting Electricity Not Tackling Something While Surounded by Electricity. the Eevee In Lets Go Doesnt Evolve Becase It Doesnt Want To. G-Max Eevee Cannot Evolve Even If It Want's to. This Eevee Clearly Wanted to Evolve.

Last edited:
Considering it can't evolve and has a special tail as in LGE, I find that hard to believe.
That Tail is what all female Eevee have now.

a decent episode to end the year, more hopes for Chloe’s Eevee than Sandy.

A nice and pleasant enough way to finish what has otherwise been a really poor and somewhat underwhelming first year for the series.

And hey, Team Rocket's pitfall joke came back too. And the gacha didn't work too which honestly made it the best usage of it.

LOVE THIS EPISODE LETS REWIEW!!!!!!
(y)CHLOE GETING MORE DEVELOPMENT AND CATCHING SOMETHING!!! I TOUGHT SHE WASNT GONNA CATCH IT FOR A SEC!!!:love::love::love:
(y)CHLOE IN MORE BATTLES!!! YESSS!!!
(y)YAMPER AND EEVEE WERE SO CUTE
(y)Eevee Chloe Bond PHENONEMON!!!
(y)PELLIPER CAN BATTLEE?!?!??!?!?!
(y)The Final BattleWAS EPICC!!!:love::love::love:
(n) Goh In School WTF???? HE DIDNT GO TO SCHOOL BEFORE!!! THIS WAS JUST A STUPID EXCUSE TO GET HIM INVOLED!!! HE DIDNT EVEN NEAD TO GET INVOLVED!!!:mad::mad::mad:
(n)Team Rocket and the Resarchers Sucked.
(SOBBLE STILL DOES NOTHING BUT CRY!!!)
8/10

The whole school thing is a bit of a 'voodoo shark' ain't it? It makes you wonder why there aren't truant officers trying to catch Ash in a net or why the school isn't having a mass exodus of kids to run off into the woods with a Ratatta.

Also what sort of leave policy does Goh get to use? Is it like a college where you can theoretically just show up for tests? Never got how people can survive like that but hey some seem to be able to...

So if Koharu caught Eevee in Go's Pokeball does that technically make it his?...

Lol jk, but I wait in eager anticipation to see someone try to make the same argument later ;)

Anyway, plenty to enjoy in this episode, which is good since I expected nothing less from a Koharu episode and I'd have been disappointed otherwise!!

Koharu continues to feel very real and relatable. I think it's good that she hasn't figured out her path yet, but is comfortable with this because her mum encouraged her to be. She's also a kind soul. Even though she had no intention of getting a Pokemon and fulfilling her destiny as a Pokemon professor's daughter, she didn't spurn Eevee when it "asked" to be caught and quite happily did so.

Now I'm anti-Eevee in principle because I hate these bloody shillmons (see: Lucario) and because the previous Eevees have been dull af (see: Haruka's), wet af (see: Serena's) or annoying af (see: Suiren's), but this Eevee is actually quite endearing so far. Here's to it continuing to show up on-screen and have an enjoyable personality, without become a deus-ex-Eevee/similar. I love its relationship with Wanpachi already too. Aww, babies.

Lovely use of the Rockets to be stock villains of the week. Cute/ridiculous disguises? Check. Musashi being OTT and Kojiro being exasperated? Check. Pit trap? Check. Stock footage of M/K holding hands for way too long whilst summoning the Gatchat? Check. The Gatchat failing? Check. Musashi having to delegate the commanding of a Pokemon to Kojiro because she doesn't know how to do it? Check. I don't mind them being bog standard villains if they can be charming about it as they were so often in OS-DP era, which they succeeded in this week.

In a previous life it would have been so refreshing how little Satoshi got involved in this. I loved his arm just poking out of the pit trap to command Pikachu. If Pikachu could shoot out of the pit trap to use Iron Tail though why didn't he just do that from the start? Anyway, I digress.

My only real gripe I'm sorry to say is with Go. I was stoked that we were going to get to see him attending school. It just came across as so insincere however that he had no repercussions for not attending school at all except to sit the test. The teacher was totally chill, and he even seemingly knew the answers to the test despite never studying because Renji had taught him it?! That boy needs some failure ASAP to make his character feel worth investing in.

It's a while ago I watched the older episodes of the current season, but didn't Chloe and 2 other students talked about how Goh almost never went to school before and also how Chloe brought his homework with her.

Maybe he's still a student at the school, but he isn't attending a lot of classes anymore. And for things like homework he relies on Chloe to bring it over. But it appeared there was a written test in this episode, some of the rare occasions he still has to be physically be present at school.

Since it's clear since episode 1 back in the say a 10 years old doesn't have to attend school anymore, it could be like this. Just like in real life in a lot of countries, but IRL at a higher age. He is a student, but he doesn't have to attend classes.

At least this is my (for now?) head canon.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom