• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN061: Leave Everything to Us! Prasle Minun Handymen!!

Filler. Not bad. Too bad we didn't see any of Ash Pokémon exept Pikachu. (And Goh only Grookey I thought?)

The scene between Jessie, James and Meowth after Meowth was waves reminded me of a simular hug between the 3 back in the original series. I don't know if it was an intentional reference.

An alright episode for returning after two week break. I'll thought in the end Team Rocket won't get blast off after fell down into hole after stealing those Tauros.

Overall rating: B-

Seriously getting tired of this series, I just want the anime to prioritise its own recurring characters and their development above showcasing some Pokémon... How about involving Sobble so we can see it for a bit before it evolves - how about involving anyone?

A friend told me that the TRio were trending on Twitter in Japan following this episode, and no wonder since they stole the show by a mile! Fujisaku loves his Rockets. Nyasu and Sonansu playing in the park (and Sonansu surreptitiously sliding down the slide later) gave me life and I feel like I now have some emotional energy to last me the next however-long before we can have similar again :bulbaLove: Also yay for talking cat recognition!

I have to raise though that yet again something in the gender distribution of roles didn't sit right with me. Of the protagonistic characters, Mulpli was the only girl and came across as less effective at her job than Satoshi and Go who know literally nothing. Actually, being competent but unjustifiably lacking in self confidence would be a super story for a girl if it were actually tackled (since women experience this A LOT in the workplace). If the TRio weren't already established, even their interplay in this episode would have felt a bit uncomfortable. Don't get me wrong, Kojiro being coy about how much he loves his mechanical toys and then just bossing it can never get old to me, but if you take in isolation him doing the heavy lifting whilst Musashi is legit just cheerleading (with a feather duster, lol, I did laugh) it doesn't 100% sit right.

I am certain that I wouldn't feel half as sensitive to these below-the-surface gender politics if we had a main girl. This series just sucks for female rep and I am kind of done with it.

I also hate that the TRio can never just have a happy ending anymore *le sigh*... But, well, never mind. I will take what I can get at this point.

So, episode was about what one would expect, however, I liked the character interaction for the most part (Divi not asking Minun to help Mulply out, even if it chose not to I think should've happened, and the Minun scene with the Tauros did drag a little, but was made up for with it thinking of jumping the battery). This was ok.

I feel as though this episode isn’t particularly bad, I mean, it’s standard filler, but...it comes at the wrong time. This series has had too much filler, and boring ones at that, and this episode falls into that section - boring plot that is SO PREDICTABLE with Minun, and what’s worse, aside from Grookey, you could be forgiven if you forgot Goh and Ash are characters here. Normally, fillers in Pokemon are enjoyable, but they’re getting quite stale now.

Again, this is a standard filler, so it’s around a 5/10 as usual, but it’s the fact that this series continuously drives forward these type of episodes, despite the amount of potential the series has, and that’s what frustrates me.

Last edited:
Well, as I already said in the respective preview thread, I wasn't expecting too much from this episode and during the first half my doubts were justified. The first ten minutes or so were pointless and especially Mulply's strange antics were annoying.

During the second half when they were all working together, the episode was getting better and quite nice to watch, though. I particularly liked the idea of James and Ash finally doing something meaningful again. That kind of reminded me of the good old days when Ash was still the hero and main protagonist. Well, maybe I'm a bit too optimistic but these days you need to be happy with every little scene where Ash's former role as the hero shines through, right?

Finally, I'd like to point out two aspects that I consider noteworthy:
1. The intro still shows Galarian Farfetch'd although it should have been replaced with Sirfetch'd by now
2. This was the first episode since who knows how long that Go hasn't caught any Pokemon...and what a welcome change that was!

I am certain that I wouldn't feel half as sensitive to these below-the-surface gender politics if we had a main girl.
I don't quite agree with the gender politics part. Mulply appearing less competent than her brother had nothing to do with her being a girl, but rather with her getting nervous very quickly. That's something that could happen to both girls and boys. The writer choosing a girl here seems to be pure coincidence if you ask me.
This series just sucks for female rep and I am kind of done with it.
We already had a lot female companions of Ash that proved to be highly competent. I can't quite see your point here.
Actually, being competent but unjustifiably lacking in self confidence would be a super story for a girl if it were actually tackled
Well, that's exactly the message the episode was trying to convey in the end. Once Mulply had managed to overcome her nervousness and lack of self-confidence, she proved to be very competent and effective. Personally, I don't see any gender politics involved here.

All in all, a classical filler with a few good scenes at the end. However, those 20 minutes could have been spent much better, for example with some intense battles, training or character development.

Just the regular filler. Nothing else,
What's up with all those Kentauros.....

I've never seen a character having so many of them....
Oh, wait. Satoshi and his herd.....

Last edited:
Was that officially TR's worst disguise ever? I can't remember if Ash has ever almost seen through one before.

I still think that Team Rocket’s worst disguise was in DP004.

5CC2C7E8-7848-494F-8B86-61749990C97C.png

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom