• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN078: The Targeted Sakuragi Institute!

An alright episode for Drizzile to solve the mystery of a culprit that stole the data of Professor Cerise laboratory. Only to ended up the culprit is such a fanboy for the professor and also congratulation for Drizzle finally evolve to Inteleon.

Overall rating: C+

I would give this a 5/10. Now I liked how we see Drizzle practice Water Gun at night which shows it really wants to become Inteleon. However, the reason it evolved was stupid. I expected it to be more than a fight against a stupid Kecleon. I liked the part where the hacker is a Cerise fan, that was a bit funny. I also liked the small photo show at the end to show us just how much has happened with Inteleon over it's 51 episodes from being a Sobble till now. I would have rated the episode higher, but since the manga spoiled it, it was basically a waiting for "the moment".

This is the first Pokémon manga adaptation chapter that's been released before the source material. At least the first adaptation of an episode.
Incorrect.

Chapter 2 covered episodes 4 and 5. The latter of which came out after this chapter.

Which is... interesting to say the least, huh.

I do have a feeling we were supossed to have seen this ep a lot earlier than we are actually seeing it.
Well you have to remember that we did get a really long hiatus due to covid last year so this show is probably about 6 or 7 episodes behind production
The only affect the break had on the manga was that it was forced to adapt previous chapters to avoid passing the anime (I think).

They covered episodes 17, 22, 21, 18, and 28 In that order.

This is the third episode that Drizzile has appeared in despite its evolution from Sobble happening in episode 63 - I think my problems with the evolution should be clear.

The episode itself wasn’t really anything special either, besides seeing Drizzile train in private and Grookey covering Ash in mud - it was pretty boring.

Inteleon was cool I guess…

....Did they take the wrong lessons from Raboot? Did people dislike having Raboot around and thus didn't do with Drizzile?

(Any JP fans know if Raboot wasn't popular or osmetihng?)

It was okay. But an episode which fully takes place at the Cerise lab can do better I think. But I do understand a lot of focus had to go to Drizzle so the other Pokémon got reduced to cameos or not appearing. (Gengar could also have been nice.)

Happy for Inteleon. It reached it's goal.

This episode...I have mixed feelings about.

On one hand, it's nice to see an episode centering around Drizzile. We saw it actually do some training, which I can safely assume it also did ever since episode 63.

The problem, of course, being that we never saw any of that training before.

Also, probably just me, but a newly evolved Inteleon blocking and even overpowering an Iron Tail with a regular tail, seems a bit odd to me.

Everyone please look at Kecleon here! XD She's so cute!
(I guess Inteleon's considered really handsome to the ladies lol)

Also love Inteleon's voice. (Why does he sound so deep anyways?)

Also like, this episode was good but it happened way too soon.
We needed at least one Drizzile episode prior to this.

Overall 6.5/10 would be a lot higher if it wasn't rushed

It could have been a good episode.

But the cheap drama of Gou being sad because of the missing data and the evolution, that was rushed and undeserved, lowered that to just decent.

I knew that Kakuleon would dominate the battle.
And Takagi-san didn't fail to deliver a great performance.

The villain was sort of dumb tbh what even was their motivation for stealing the data anyway?

I do believe it was mentioned in the manga that he adores the professor that much, or something? Not sure what to make of it.
Yup. That's the reason.

And why some people wondered if they'd go the Kenji-route this time.

I do believe it was mentioned in the manga that he adores the professor that much, or something? Not sure what to make of it.
But why would this moron think stealing data from a Pokemon Professor would be a good way to grab their attention?

I mean, if he had just knocked on the Cerise Lab's door that morning and asked if he could help with the Pokedex I'm sure Prof. Cerise would had been fine with that so long as the kid provided proof he wasn't working for Team Rocket and was skilled enough or whatever to contribute. Way to burn bridges and set a good first impression, Yabashi, and now it is off you go to the purgatory where all CotDs spend the rest of eternity.

I don't normally get worked up about CotDs but this one is probably my least favorite CotD on account of his ugly design, selfishness, and having the world's dumbest motivation.

I would have preferred it was Team Rocket this time around.

Last edited:
WAIT WHAT HE EVOLVED?

Nah nah, come on Journeys what is this? You barely even showed Drizzile. I don't even care about Sobble, but rip he got screwed over here. Sucks to be the middle child huh?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom