• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN086: Mega Evolution VS Kyodaimax

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all the Bea scenes from the recent special preview is in JN086. Somethings hiding in JN085

Screenshot_20211006-172640.png

The dream team is here!

Oh wow, we're actually getting a battle that lasts more than one episode. And this isn't even a full 6v6, it's just gonna be a 3v3. This should ensure that Ash and Bea's other Pokemon can get enough focus (i.e. we most likely won't be seeing anyone jobbing) while leaving enough screentime for the climactic showdown between Mega Lucario and Gigantamax Machamp.

If Ash vs Volkner wasn't enough of an indicator, things are definitely heating up now that we're in the upper classes of the PWC. If the writers can give us a 2-episode 3v3 while we're still in the Hyper Class, I think it's safe to say that Master Class battles will probably be much more explosive. At the very least, I think Ash vs Leon being a 6v6 should be a safe bet by now.

How will you feel if Saitou wins again?

I don't know what is better, the fact that the animation dream team are are handling this episode or that its a two part battle
Its funny, I just posted over in the preview thread for the 85th episode questioning whether or not this episode was going to be a two-parter after having just seen the episode title on Serebii today, then I find and start reading through this thread, and I'm like welp, guess my question's answered. Anyway, really looking forward to this one. I'm glad it's a two parter, and the dream team here too? Icing on the cake. I feel like this one will be a memorable one, here's hoping anyway!

Last edited:
OHHHHHHH! A TWO PARTER! OH MY GOD, IT'S HAPPENING!

Is it gonna be 6-on-6?

OHHHHHHH! A TWO PARTER! OH MY GOD, IT'S HAPPENING!

Is it gonna be 6-on-6?
One of the magazine scans showed Bea using 3 Pokemon in the battle, with Gigantamax Machamp being her last Pokemon standing. So no, it's not gonna be a 6v6.

One thing that concerns me:
Currently, there have basically been no training episodes anymore. I can hardly remember when we've last seen Ash train his Pokemon intensively and seriously. So, in JN84 Lucario will get Megaevolution for the first time and it's pretty obvious the very same Lucario will probably defeat Bea's ace only two episodes later. (I think Ash winning is pretty obvious given the progress of the story). This feels a bit rushed to put it mildly.

I have to wait and see, but I’m not a fan of this. Five straight Ash focus episodes, yuck. Also I hate megas because of Alain’s Charizard. It just feels weird that they are featuring XY stuff in JN
Mega Evolution isn't "XY stuff". You can use it in ORAS, SMUSUM, and LGPE. That's four regions of availability there. Second, even if it was, the entire point of this show is that it's all-regional. Not using gimmicks would make Journeys' premise go to waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom