• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S24 EP26: Nightfall? Nightmares!

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
The episode has aired on Teletoon in Canada. Please keep future events in spoiler tags.

Last edited:
Cast -

Sarah Natochenny - Ash Ketchum/Johanna
Zeno Robinson - Goh
Michele Knotz - Jessie/Dawn's Piplup/Mimey
Cherami Leigh - Chloe/Grookey
Rodger Parsons - Narrator
Ray Chase - Professor Cerise
Casey Mongillo - Chrysa

Additional Voices -

Sam Black
Laurie Hymes
Billy Kametz - Ren
Lisa Ortiz
Bill Rogers
Erica Schroeder
Marc Thompson

Yamper appears in this episode, but Tara Jayne Sands appears to go uncredited.

Cast -

Sarah Natochenny - Ash Ketchum/Johanna
Zeno Robinson - Goh
Michele Knotz - Jessie/Dawn's Piplup/Mimey
Cherami Leigh - Chloe/Grookey
Rodger Parsons - Narrator
Ray Chase - Professor Cerise
Casey Mongillo - Chrysa

Additional Voices -

Sam Black
Laurie Hymes
Billy Kametz - Ren
Lisa Ortiz
Bill Rogers
Erica Schroeder
Marc Thompson

Yamper appears in this episode, but Tara Jayne Sands appears to go uncredited.
Yep. Looks like they just lazily reused the credits from last episode because I did not hear Sam Black, Laurie Hymes or Bill Rogers.

Team Sakuragi/Cerise's logo was changed from S to R. For some reason, it wasn't changed to C.
Certainly strange

JN075 Dub Edit.png

Yep. Looks like they just lazily reused the credits from last episode because I did not hear Sam Black, Laurie Hymes or Bill Rogers.
They also forgot to credit Meghan Hollingshead too then, because she definitely voiced the pink haired woman interviewing Johanna. I've been watching this show a loooong time, so I know her voice when I hear it. I know she rejoined the series at the start of Journeys, but it's just great to hear her voice in Pokemon again. Reminds me of the good old days back in the original series. I said the same thing about Tara Jayne in an earlier post of mine, missed her just as much!

Team Sakuragi/Cerise's logo was changed from S to R. For some reason, it wasn't changed to C.
This was most likely an OLM edit for ease of localization purposes, as the Korean/Chinese/etc. dubs also had that change.

These eps were good in Japanese and so far good in the dub. Dawn and Koharu probably have the best interactions compared to most past girl meet ups. I also liked how this ep had throwbacks to DP with Dawn's hair messed up after sleeping in the tent, arguing with Koharu when they got lost in the woods, and Dawn's cheerful demeanor. The contest appeal in the blue dress was also the best dress they ever designed for her.

Now that Dawn got a second cameo in Japan it's obvious this one was focused squarely on her and Koharu's friendship so I don't know why people complained about it.

I'd like Dawn's returns to actually be centered around stuff that actually relates to her character (y'know, like Contests?), but instead we get generic Legendary fest #491. It'd be a lot more interesting to have Chloe try a Contest, because it would tie into her try things storyline.
The next episode will handle that.

I'd like Dawn's returns to actually be centered around stuff that actually relates to her character (y'know, like Contests?), but instead we get generic Legendary fest #491. It'd be a lot more interesting to have Chloe try a Contest, because it would tie into her try things storyline.
I don't think the writers want to make a full Contest episode this series which is why her cameos aren't about them. There is no main character coordinator this series so they have no reason to make one.

What I don't understand is why they translated it as "Team Cerise" when whatever footage they worked with clearly had either an "S" or an "R" on their uniform...

They're probably trying to take international dubs into account with that.
But how? The other dubs will also have an R on the uniform, it doesn't explain why they went with "Cerise" for the English dialogue. Even worse, I'm willing to bet a lot of dubs will also keep the Professor's name as it's on the English script, despite the visual not matching, thus rendering the whole thing pointless.

It should've been either "Team Rocket" in English or they should've made a "C" for the international versions (his name starts with a C in almost all languages). I'm starting to think there's absolutely zero communication between the Japanese and U.S. sides of production.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom