• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JNS06: Winds of Beginning! The Endless Road!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How'd a buneary get into Kanto smh my head (this isnt an actual critique I am glad it's not just going to be gen 1 mons in the background all series)

Challenge of the day- see ONE post which somehow hasn’t been derailed to amourshipping.
Difficulty: Impossible mode.
Serena is one of my favorite characters in Pokémon, and the Amourshipping spam is honestly getting on my nerves a lot. I like her character for multiple reasons, and seeing her being dragged around in every single thread as an object makes it hard not to view her in a bad light. Amourshipping is not really an agenda to be pushed onto others, and the way that has been treated needs to stop. It makes it sound like it’s her entire character when it’s not, and it gives people who don’t know her that well more reasons to hate her. It’s toxic, it makes it harder to have discussions on the episodes itself, and it annoys everyone for no gain. I have faith that all of Ash’s friends will appear throughout these 11 episodes, and Serena will be one of them. That will be fair grounds to discuss Amourshipping, but until then, we need to talk about what the episodes actually are, and not what they aren’t.

Serena is one of my favorite characters in Pokémon, and the Amourshipping spam is honestly getting on my nerves a lot. I like her character for multiple reasons, and seeing her being dragged around in every single thread as an object makes it hard not to view her in a bad light. Amourshipping is not really an agenda to be pushed onto others, and the way that has been treated needs to stop. It makes it sound like it’s her entire character when it’s not, and it gives people who don’t know her that well more reasons to hate her. It’s toxic, it makes it harder to have discussions on the episodes itself, and it annoys everyone for no gain. I have faith that all of Ash’s friends will appear throughout these 11 episodes, and Serena will be one of them. That will be fair grounds to discuss Amourshipping, but until then, we need to talk about what the episodes actually are, and not what they aren’t.
Honestly, at this point, the obsession of certain people, not you or anyone else on here necessarily, is so high with it that it legit borders on unhealthy. I get where you’re coming from, but I’ll be honest, it’s getting hard not to resent this stuff the way it derails discussions.

At this point I'd rather they keep who Ash ends with ambiguous because this obsession on who a 10 year old will marry is borderline creepy.

I dare say it is. Like others already said, many movies are definitely canon, and I dare say this one is too, based on the fact that both Ash and Brock recognized Latios in the Sinnoh League.
The first Movie is definitely canon, it had several anime tie-ins already including one in Journeys. The second movie is canon too because Ash and.... I think Misty talked about the Lugia they met in Orange Islands during the whole thing with Silver the Baby Lugia in Johto.

The second movie is canon too because Ash and.... I think Misty talked about the Lugia they met in Orange Islands during the whole thing with Silver the Baby Lugia in Johto.
Ash and James, actually. Some other examples: The Deoxys movie is canon, as the professor from the movie is mentioned in a later episode, and the movie's setting is later revealed to be Drew's hometown. The Lucario movie is canon, due to Ash's Aura abilities carrying over from it to the main series. The Sinnoh trilogy is canon, because Dawn buys a Lunar Wing in the Darkrai movie, and it is seen again later. And the Genesect movie is canon due to the Genesect Army being referenced and even briefly appearing in the main series.

The Sinnoh trilogy is canon, because Dawn buys a Lunar Wing in the Darkrai movie, and it is seen again later.
If Dawn referencing the Darkrai movie in the main anime is enough for us to consider the whole Sinnoh trilogy to be canon, then I think the Latias/Latios movie should be considered canon as well by proxy of the Lugia movie being canon. The antagonists in the Latias/Latios movie reference the antagonist from the Lugia movie, so there's a very small but tangible connection between the two movies.

Of course, there's still no guarantee that the Latias that will appear in this episode will be the same one from the movie.

If Dawn referencing the Darkrai movie in the main anime is enough for us to consider the whole Sinnoh trilogy to be canon, then I think the Latias/Latios movie should be considered canon as well by proxy of the Lugia movie being canon. The antagonists in the Latias/Latios movie reference the antagonist from the Lugia movie, so there's a very small but tangible connection between the two movies.
True. I had forgotten that end credits bit. And yeah. The Sinnoh movie trilogy is definitely canon, given how connected they are to each other.
Of course, there's still no guarantee that the Latias that will appear in this episode will be the same one from the movie.
Also true. But just seeing Ash meeting a Latias in general feels good to me, regardless whether it is the same one or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom