• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Second trailer released for Pokémon Horizons, the new Pokémon anime series - Japanese trailer includes music from the new opening theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Staff
Pokémon Horizons Key Art
A new trailer for Pokémon Horizons, the upcoming new Pokémon anime series, aired this evening in Japan after the end of the final episode of Pokémon Journeys. Shortly afterwards, the trailer was uploaded to the English language Official Pokémon YouTube channel, together with English subtitles. A new Japanese press also released statements from asmi and Chinozo, the singer and producer of the Japanese opening theme for the new series. Pokémon Horizons: The Series will begin broadcasting on TV Tokyo in Japan with a 1 hour special starting 6:55pm (JST) on April 14th, and internationally later in 2023.

Pokémon Horizons Logo

Taito Okiura - vice president of marketing for The Pokémon Company International said:
“‘Pokémon Horizons: The Series’ is set to be a thrilling journey that explores new wonders and makes fascinating discoveries about the Pokémon world. The latest ‘Pokémon Horizons: The Series’ trailer sheds further light on the mysterious adventures that await Liko and Roy, and we invite Trainers to join in unraveling these secrets when the series begins premiering outside of Japan later this year.”

Whereas the English version of the trailer includes only generic Pokémon themed background music, the Japanese version of the trailer features the first appearance of Dokimeki Diary (ドキメキダイアリー), the opening theme for the new series. The song is a collaborative effort between the Japanese singer-songwriter asmi, who has previously released hit songs in collaboration with other young Japanese vocal artists including Wanuka and Rinne; and Chinozo, a well known Vocaloid producer who is best known for the hit song "Goodbye Sengen", which has accured more than 100 million views on YouTube.
asmi said:
アニメにゲームにぬいぐるみ。ポケモンのいる世界に憧れていた小学生の頃を思うと、こんなに悦ばしい未来はありません。
Anime, games, stuffed animals. When I think back to when I dreamed of a world where Pokémon existed back in grade school, there's no better future than this.
主題歌を歌うことが決まった当初に漠然と抱いていた不安は、日に日に自信に繋がることとなりました。今ではこの曲を歌えるのは、抱えた不安ごと歩みを進めていける今の自分しかいないという確信となっています。アニポケの新しい物語にご一緒出来ること、心から嬉しく思います。
At the beginning, when it was decided that I would sing the theme song, I harboured some anxiety, but I am becoming more confident day by day. Now, I have the confidence to that the only one who can sing this song is myself as I am now, continuing to walk forward despite this anxiety that I have. From the bottom of my heart, I'm very happy to be able to join you with this new Pokémon anime story.
これから始まる何かに足がすくむとき、この曲が「大丈夫!いってらっしゃい!」と背中を押せるように全力で歌いました。
I sang with all my strength, so that this song would encourage you with an "It's okay! Take care!" when you freeze up with fear.
''ドキドキ''と''ときめき''に敏感に、自分を信じて張り切って旅に出てほしいと思っています。そこにいつもドキメキダイアリーが鳴っていますように!
Being sensitive to the fast beating of your heart with excitement, I want you to believe in yourself, and embark on your journey in high spirits. May the exciting diary (Dokimeki Diary) always continue to resound in your heart.

Chinpzo said:
初めまして。
Nice to meet you.
このたびポケモン新アニメのオープニングを作らせていただきました、Chinozoと申します。
「ドキメキダイアリー」、自分なりに本作品への最大限の想いを込めて書かせていただいた楽曲です。
I'm known as Chinozo, and I had the honour of producing the opening for the new Pokémon anime.
In my own way, I put my fullest feelings into writing this song, Dokimeki Diary.

小さい頃から大好きだったポケモン、さらにその主題歌のお話をいただいたことを今だに夢のように感じています。
I've loved Pokémon ever since I was a child, and it still feels like I'm in a dream having been asked to write the theme song.

ポケモンの主題歌がどれも本当に好きで、どれくらい人生を救われたか数え切れません。それくらい自分にとって思い入れがあり、そんな作品に携わらせていただき、本当に光栄です。
I really love all of the Pokémon theme songs, and I can't count how many lives they've helped. With these sorts of feelings, I am truly honoured to be involved in this sort of project.
ポケモンアニメ新シリーズ、よろしくお願いします!
Please look forward to the new Pokémon Anime Series

Sources
Archaic

Archaic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Search Bulbapedia

Back
Top Bottom