• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S25 EP53: Distant Blue Sky

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
The dub for the 2022 special and our last adventure with Ash and Pikachu has aired on Cartoon Network in Canada.

Please keep any spoilers in spoiler tags.

Goodbye Ash and Pikachu... buddies and champions to the end.

Voice Characterization -

Sarah Natochenny
James Carter Cathcart
Michele Knotz
Cherami Leigh
Rodger Parsons
Casey Mongillo

Additional Voices -

Edward Bosco
Colleen Clinkenbeard
Megan Hollingshead
Lisa Ortiz
Brina Palencia
Bill Rogers
Erica Schroeder
Marc Thompson
Phillip Thompson (Aaron Phillips)

The dub for the 2022 special and our last adventure with Ash and Pikachu has aired on Cartoon Network in Canada.

Please keep any spoilers in spoiler tags.

Goodbye Ash and Pikachu... buddies and champions to the end.

Voice Characterization -

Sarah Natochenny
James Carter Cathcart
Michele Knotz
Cherami Leigh
Rodger Parsons
Casey Mongillo

Additional Voices -

Edward Bosco
Colleen Clinkenbeard
Megan Hollingshead
Lisa Ortiz
Brina Palencia
Bill Rogers
Erica Schroeder
Marc Thompson
Phillip Thompson (Aaron Phillips)
Wait... Luffy (Colleen Clinkenbeard) and Chopper (Brina Palencia) from One Piece?! No way!! That's actually amazing, I never thought I'd hear them in Pokemon! And not only that but in the same episode as Lisa Ortiz and Erica Schroeder (4kids Chopper and Luffy respectively)

Wait... Luffy (Colleen Clinkenbeard) and Chopper (Brina Palencia) from One Piece?! No way!! That's actually amazing, I never thought I'd hear them in Pokemon! And not only that but in the same episode as Lisa Ortiz and Erica Schroeder (4kids Chopper and Luffy respectively)
Interesting that TPCi's final Ash anime production features 4Kids Chopper & Luffy crossing over with FUNi/Crunchyroll Chopper & Luffy as trivia. Closet One Piece fans? (Kidding)

Brina and Colleen?! They really are being more ambitious with their casting.
They had Sabat as Cliff back in Season 14, this basically began back when Wayland started doing it in that dub Era, using his Yamcha voice (Schemmel was prominent under 4Kids and TPCi, meanwhile). It's more or less been the same since then, really.

They had Sabat as Cliff back in Season 14, this basically began back when Wayland started doing it in that dub Era, using his Yamcha voice (Schemmel was prominent under 4Kids and TPCi, meanwhile). It's more or less been the same since then, really.
That again, similar situation were it has both Funi's Zoro (Chris Sabat) and 4kids Zoro (Marc Diraison) in One Punch Man for Bang Zoom oddly enough, then it happened again in Ghost in the Shell: The Movie Virtual Reality Diver!! XD

Now we just need Odex Zoro in a dub with them (Brian Zimmerman), kidding-- but interesting how things work out for the One Piece English dub VAs, huh?
Maybe cuz of Lisa's involved with Funi dubs since Blue Gender where it has Blaze's formerly voice actor (Laura Bliley), then she's back again but for MHA as Burnin and recently One Piece: Red movie!

Why is Bulbapedia pretending Carter Cathcart kept voicing all his characters up to the end when it's very clearly not him in these episodes? I'm kinda sad that he couldn't wrap things up neatly by retiring after the season finale, like they seemingly had originally announced.

Why is Bulbapedia pretending Carter Cathcart kept voicing all his characters up to the end when it's very clearly not him in these episodes? I'm kinda sad that he couldn't wrap things up neatly by retiring after the season finale, like they seemingly had originally announced.
It would’ve been nice to see him voice Gary at the end as he would’ve been the only character who kept his English dub VA from EP001 to the very end no matter how many times the dub studios changed continuously (no one ended up doing so: Japan is very lucky their cast got to stay consistent, as ours didn’t at all), but same question.

Current James is supposedly Edward Bosco, Gary is SungWon Cho, and Meowth as well as Prof Oak is Mick Wingert (3/4 guesses I had oddly ended up right, though at first, I thought James was Barrett Leddy before swapping to Bosco before it was revealed, and I got Meowth wrong lol).

This episode marks the very last time we hear Rodger Parsons as the narrator. Thank you all your years of service Mr. Parsons! Your voice will be missed!!

Because although Ash won’t be around, we know Sarah Natochenny will still be active in Horizons in some capacity, and she’ll likely voice him again should/when he makes a future appearance.

This episode marks the very last time we hear Rodger Parsons as the narrator. Thank you all your years of service Mr. Parsons! Your voice will be missed!!
Indeed, he had 22.5 years in the part.
Do you think he won't be in horizons in anyway shapr or form? I guess he's getting up there in age.
His current voice would fit a lot better if he aged, just saying.

Despite Sean Schemmel was also Funi/TX voice actor himself! XD

Do you think he won't be in horizons in anyway shapr or form? I guess he's getting up there in age.
my guess is that this is his swansong, though nothing's impossible! But it would make sense for him to finish up here, what with Horizons not having a narrator. Definitely the end of an era, Rodger Parsons is an absolute legend! And his final lines in this episode are just perfect "The Pokemon world stretches out far and wide, and Ash's journey will continue on and on. You can count on it!"

Last edited:
He has been credited on nearly every episode so far so we can't be 100% sure what the story is, did he record dialogue but got replaced so is still credited?

6 tracks were kept

"Alola" to a New Adventure
Battle! Alola Wild Pokemon
Flight to Unova
Team Rocket Hoenn Motto
Battle! Kalos Trainer
XY Title
It’s sad when 6 is a high, but given Akhil and co, take what we can get (Dogasu owes Michael Brady and Liz Lysinger an apology).

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom