• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

3.12 Long Japanese Only Video on Youtube!

Bit anti-climatic though, apart from the overworld stuff and a couple new attacks (including Brave Bird), theres nothing new

It's still awesome to watch though, and see how cool the effects are.

Wow, the overworld has improved a lot more than I had expected. And did they show the girl change her outfit for the contest? Oy, I'm afraid of what the boy looks like. *Thinks Harley and gags.*

He looks like Giovanni. With a tux and black, flattened hair.

poke61.jpg

Last edited:
Atleast it's not as scary as Munchlax dressing up in a beard and glasses..

I wonder if more costumes are available?

I saw this thing and I was Holy Cow!. The environments of Shinou are fascinating, and the battles look incredible. The dance part of the contests is making me think of some certain finny fun for those that know what I mean.

It seems the rival somehow gets the Starters and he has you battle them......

Wow...that was pretty incredible. What really blew me away was the special effects on Pikachu's eletric attack...that was pretty sweet. Also, it looks like the inviroments in the cities are really interactive.

^^^^
That would be awesome! I'd love you if you did that!!!

It seems the rival somehow gets the Starters and he has you battle them......
No, I think the rival leads you to where the Professor's suitcase is. The suitcase holds the starters. You pick one, he picks the one strong against yours. Then you battle.
I love the attack animations.
And I'm suprised nobody mentioned the Fly animation. SO SEXY!
Also, I saw a massive building that resembled the Devon Corp. Building.
Interesting indeed.

Hmm...why would the suitcase be in the field? Maybe Nanakamado is abducted by Team Galaxy, you and your rival go and find his suitcase, each pick one, you battle, then you go Tag Battle against Galaxy Grunts?

That would be neato.

That video is so awesome!!

And now I really can't wait to get Diamond and Pearl!!!! :-D

I can't wait for this game. It looks amazing. And (hip-hip-hooray!) the return of battle animations in a game! (Emerald doesn't count by me.)

That video definately looked cool..

I will say on the rival and first pokemon thing is that it made me think of something different. There is no professor there, so it makes me wonder if the professor is in trouble, you find this in the woods and you don't know the professor 'till after, or if you were just suppose to bring the case to him but not take the pokemon.

I also noticed that the case was sitting in high-grass, and both you and your rival show up. It makes me also intrested to think that maybe the first battle is a double battle taking on two wild pokemon with the rival. He is the only one able to give the tutorial on how to play, and that would definately be something cool from the start. We know that the play does get to do team double battles with him on the hero's side, and we know that they are best friends, so I think its possible.

Also the high snow in the storm almost confirms more ice pokemon and new weather in battles.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom