• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation 3 Curiosities of 6th Gen

Myth

Reaction score
Recently, I noticed some curiosities regarding the sixth generation. They are few, but I hope you enjoy it. My apologies for my bad english.

1.How much France influenced the 6th generation?

Everybody knows that the sixth generation was inspired by France. This influence goes from direct referrals as Spritzee (Perfume), and Furfrou (Poodle), until the decision to do the first Pokémon game in 3D, to match the beauty of the country.

Jmr2pUQ.png

Recently, new references has been discovered and developed. In the anime, for example, was the first time that one of the main protagonists changed his costumes during the journey (Serena), and also was the first time that one of the Ash's traveling companion demonstrate explicitly love for him, making an allusion to the capital of fashion and love: Paris.

E5r4FHB.png
tumblr_mindudpOlk1rgdlv9o1_400.gif

There have been other cases, but in movies only.

Junichi Masuda, Director of Game Freak, confirmed in several interviews that Kalos was really inspired by France, but how much was this influence?

The Eiffel Tower is known for its light show displayed overnight. During special occasions, such as Christmas, the lights shine brighter, showing a greater variety of colors and effects.

Interestingly, on one of these effects, the Eiffel Tower resembles something implemented in this generation, coincidence?

yZBxJIf.gif

If you didn't get it, click here.

We already know that Masuda spent a stay in Paris to prepare the 6th generation. So, did Masuda imagine the Mega Evolution while watching the tower lights show during his stay?

2.Mewtwonite: what is its origin?

Being an artificial created Pokémon, the question arises: where did its Mega Stone came from? Could it have been artificially created?

OsKFvzC.jpg

All we can do is wait for the next games to discover its origin.

3.Will the 7th generation be inspired by England?

There are many Easters Eggs present in XY: Dragon Ball Z, Reggie, ORAS (Hoenn), HarmoKnight, among others. However, the most noticeables are the lines of this NPC, and the description of this item:

8gsmCzm.jpg
9zLBZXk.jpg
yxpvuOr.jpg

It is known as the Hundred Years' War a dispute that occurred between France and England during the fourteenth century (besides other conflicts). And during the history of the games is also cited a supposed war that ocurred with another region. Are these hints from Game Freak of which region would be based on the next generation? Only time will tell.

pPCqSoV.png

You saw it here.

As I said, there were few curiosities, and I preferred to not put curiosities that you may have seen before. I hope you enjoyed (and understood), srry for my bad english.

Please tell me the english errors by pm.

Last edited:
I don't think Gen 7 will be in England - at their closest, I think England (at Dover) is only about 20 miles from France (at Calais). I think the "distant" thing will mean that it's somewhere really far away from France. Maybe somewhere in Central Asia, or Africa?

England and France aren't really far apart and if they did base it on us, they'd do the whole UK.

I'd be over the moon for Pokemon from my home nation though...

England and France aren't really far apart and if they did base it on us, they'd do the whole UK.

It'd make it a lot better if they done that, although for logical reasons they may leave out Northern Ireland.

It probably won't happen but still.

It'd make it a lot better if they done that, although for logical reasons they may leave out Northern Ireland.

Eh have the one NI Town.

Tbh if they did a UK one I could see them including the ROI.

Hi, guys, thanks for opine.

The text should be full of english errors but I'm glad that you understood.

Indeed, if we consider the distance of the extreme points of the two countries in real life, these countries aren't really too far away from each other, but it's just a speculation.

Particularly, I would prefer that the next region to be based by a country of Oceania, like Australia, or by country of Africa, to include all continents posteriorly. But I really believe that we will have a region based by a country of Europe again, even if not by the England. Well, Masuda was visiting Italy recently.

@Muur

So, a region inspired by the UK, rather than only by England, would be awesome, imo. :)

Last edited:

Eh have the one NI Town.

Tbh if they did a UK one I could see them including the ROI.

If they did that and included ROI, they'd base locations on Belfast and Dublin imo. I'd imagine trying to fit the entire island into the in-game map would be tricky anyway. With just England, Scotland and Wales it becomes way easier. Despite that, I'd love to see it happen.

With the best clue for this other region being that it's far from Kalos it seems very unlikely that it would be based on the British Isles, a real world location that is incredibly close to Kalos's real world inspiration.

After reading this my mind started ticking over how a UK poke-region might work, and i fell short. But then my mind turned towards the first 4 gens, how each region was based on parts of Japan. So i zoomed in my thoughts a little and started constructing a South-West England based region. AND IT WORKS.
Yes, i know i'm terribly biased to the south west because i live here, but the more i tried, the more i found that works in a poke-region setting. The landmass makes for a good map. It has plenty of natural backdrop (fields, farmland, hills and woods) interspersed with heavily built-up cities and towns. There are also plenty of landmarks to inspire any artist (although again, i'm biased and i'm sure that's probably true of any region). It also lends itself to a fairly (but not too) linear progressive series of routes between the major towns/cities.

I even sketched a map, using the real counties of Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire (and Avon), and the Bristol Channel (an ideal place to have surfing/diving routes, especially since the Gold coast of Cornwall & Devon is really popular with surfers). I took a bit of artistic license and moved the Isle of Wight west into the gap between Devon and Dorset, imagining an area blocked off until the acquisition of Surf. The towns would be based on the Postcode towns/cities of the area, with the exception of Isle of Wight (which is technically Portsmouth's post code area) and Land's End (which would fit the role of starting town). Bristol would be the ideal end-point (where the league E4 and champion would be). As for the architecture, well we've all seen how pretty Kalos is. There are some wonderful ancient buildings here (unfortunately we lose so many to decay) and it would be pretty amazing to see the real English "country" style in something like a pokemon game. Oh, and two of the most mystical places in the entire planet are here - Glastonbury and Stonehenge.

Questions? Comments? Ideas?
P.S. Is there a better place to discuss this, if not here?

@PickleMendip; It wouldn't be very fair to the U.S. since the entire country, which is more comparable to the size of a continent than an actual country, merely got one region (not counting Orre, which is a spinoff region that isn't very detailed). I'm thinking Game Freak is skipping around the world at this point so that every area of the world has some sort of region to represent them, which makes sense because if they had to spend the next 10 generations making U.S. based regions then some parts of the world might not even see a region while they're still alive, let alone when they're still a fan of the series. Best to leave London or anything else in Europe along and go somewhere different like Australia or South America for the next region.

I want an actual Jungle region. Nothing about Hoenn screams jungle to me. It screams northern forest with all the pine trees in the wooded areas. I want vines, waterfalls, overgrowth. Like in the first ORAS trailer. THAT was a jungle.

But I wouldn't mind PokÉngland. I love England. But I can't help but feel that Stonehenge so soon after Geosenge Town would revive the ever annoying "GameFreak is running out of ideas!" arguments...

I agree with BlackButterfree... Geosenge Town is so reminiscent of Stonehedge that they might avoid that region, or they may just do UK and not put Stonehenge in there. I wouldn't midn the UK, it'd definitely be interesting. I was hoping they'd do Canada too.. (because I'm biased hehe) but that would never happen I think. It's so big and has too many climates. XD *tear*

Realistically, I hope they do something more involving Central Asia, rather than the East Asia (Japan) they've been focussing on. Oh! And like Bolt said, South America would be good too. All those regions are filled with lots of landmarks, and I think it'd be a new fresh direction for them. X)

Or a desert inspired region based on the Middle East with an Egyptian town, a Russian city and an Indian landmark. Something different, honestly.

It wouldn't be very fair to the U.S. ... Best to leave London or anything else in Europe along and go somewhere different like Australia or South America for the next region.
Your point actually supports mine. Unova was largely based on just a part of the US, so for a totally hypothetical, fan idea, using a part of England might work. I'm not saying they absolutely must do it, i'm just saying it's just how i envisage a poke-region working, i.e. it needs areas to surf, large rural wooded areas, caves, fields etc.
Oh, and not once did i say London. a. London is in the South East, not West (although again, artistic license could change that). b. I'd deliberately avoid London to avoid the stereotype many foreigners seem to have that London = England.

I was hoping they'd do Canada too.. (because I'm biased hehe) but that would never happen I think. It's so big and has too many climates. XD *tear*
You can't really have too many climates. Most poke-regions have a snowy area, a foggy area, a sandy area, water routes, rural spread and urban pockets. Canada could probably work, especially as the north coast would work for the Surf areas. You might have to share glory with Alaska, but it has potential (in my mind's eye).

And i didn't mean Stonehenge absolutely had to be there either, it's just one of many points of interest. I didn't know there already was something similar (having not actually played the games, i've only seen videos of some parts of Kalos).

I do think the next region may be based on Italy or Greece but I do think they will do Britain at some point.

England has a lot of landmarks besides stonehenge, like the Angel of the North, Cerne Abbas and it's famous landmark and all the castles!

Your point actually supports mine. Unova was largely based on just a part of the US, so for a totally hypothetical, fan idea, using a part of England might work. I'm not saying they absolutely must do it, i'm just saying it's just how i envisage a poke-region working, i.e. it needs areas to surf, large rural wooded areas, caves, fields etc.
Oh, and not once did i say London. a. London is in the South East, not West (although again, artistic license could change that). b. I'd deliberately avoid London to avoid the stereotype many foreigners seem to have that London = England.

No, no it doesn't. If you're creating a Britain based region, then Japan has 4 main game regions, Europe has 2, and the U.S. only has 1. Again, not very fair to the U.S.

No, no it doesn't. If you're creating a Britain based region, then Japan has 4 main game regions, Europe has 2, and the U.S. only has 1. Again, not very fair to the U.S.
Hey... atleast you got one region. XP Meanwhile the rest of the world is leftout. Plus Europe is a continent, so it's pretty diverse place... so I can see why they made more than one region there considering it has some distinct countries. (France, Italy, Spain, Ireland, England, etc.)

I still agree with BlackButterfree, I'd really love to see the Middle East, Indian subcontinent or South America, I don't think they've touched on those areas much. XD

Why is Europe grouped together? We are not a country. You listed 2 countries (Japan, US) and a continent (Europe)

Should read
"If you're creating a Britain based region, then Japan has 4 main game regions, France has 1, UK has 1 and the U.S. has 1."

Personally I think the UK will be overlooked and the next region will be Australia.
The strange souvenir could be from some nearby Tahiki island type thing. Tuvalu, Nauru, Fiji, etc

Hey... atleast you got one region. XP Meanwhile the rest of the world is leftout.

I know, that's the idea. I think Game Freak is skipping around the world to make sure that no one is left out instead of focusing on one particular part of the world.

Why is Europe grouped together? We are not a country. You listed 2 countries (Japan, US) and a continent (Europe)

My point is that the U.S. is also a very diverse area despite being only one country, so lumping the entire country into one Pokemon region doesn't really do the U.S. justice in the same way that representing Europe with just France doesn't do Europe justice. The fact that one area is one country while another is multiple countries doesn't really matter, there's enough variety both culturally and geographically for them to make at least 5 or 6 distinct regions.

I personally would like a region based on any of the following five just off the top of my head...

1) India
2) Hong Kong
3) Brazil
4) Greece
5) Turkey

I can imagine the stuff they'd do with the legendary Pokémon with an Indian and Greece inspired region. In a Indian inspired region we'd probably get a huge elephant that's not Donphan (probably as a water-type starter?) and speaking of starters maybe they could make a fire-type tiger as one of the starters. I've seen pictures of Hong Kong and of its many landmarks and I think it'd be perfect for Pokémon. The shape and size of Hong Kong looks like something that you'd see in the games. I recently saw a travel show about Turkey and I really liked the way the country looked. I saw that they went to this place where the people would get up on hot air balloons to fly over and see these tall rock formations and I was in awe, I would just love to see something like this in Pokémon. In Brazil there is just this huge diversity of creatures and I'd love to see what they could do with it and who else is tired of Victory Road being a cave? How about a Victory Road that's a dense rain forest/jungle, when you reach the end you come across this super long rope bridge that leads to the Pokémon League.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom