• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest 3 Stage Lines: Base Form, Middle Form, Final Form

Garren

Onduru ruragittan disukaa
Reaction score
Basically, overall, when it comes to 3-stage lines, which part of the line do you most often prefer?

Base Forms:
001.png
179.png
287.png
443.png
577.png

Middle Forms:
075.png
188.png
281.png
388.png
634.png

Final Forms:
026.png
248.png
267.png
405.png
503.png

(these are just random examples, btw).

Anyway, Middle Forms for me. I tend to like quirky Pokemon, and the Middle Forms are often the quirkiest. Grotle, Graveler, Gamagaru, and Gabite are examples of this.

I usually like the final form, they are usually the coolest.
However there are several exceptions, such as wotter's middle form, and daburan is on the same level of coolness to Rankurusu.

I like the final forms, typically. They have better designs, and better stats

I can't vote in this poll, simply because, it all depends on the pokemon... for example, I prefer kirlia over gardevoir or gallade, but I LOVE ME SOME AMPHAROS. also, I prefer dragonair over dragonite, but I also prefer flygon above his pre-evos. So, it really all depends on the line :)

Impossible to pick. Just like garrinikole, I have no favourite. It all depends on the chain. For example, I think Larvitar is OK, Pupitar is a dick, and Tyranitar is awesome. The Kibago chain speaks for itself. But i think Mijumaru is dweeby, and Daikenki is a rip off of Dialgia. But, wow, look at Futachimaru!

Final forms for the most part. There's some middle and base forms I like as much (Oddish, Ralts, Kirlia), but the final Stage always is my favorite.

Usually I think Middle stages are the most interesting. It's just like a combination of the cuteness of the first stage and the awesomeness of the last stage.

And thank you for using Skiploom in your examples!

Using Bulbasaur sprite -> Instant Base Form vote.

I would choose that either way, though.
The only reason I don't really use them is the power.
If there would be SOME WAY [other than hax] to Bulbasaur have same stats as Venusaur -> More Bulbas on the go.
Then again, that would break the game BADLY, but that's just me.

I would say the Final forms, because they are often the most powerful, and usually have good designs.

Extremely hard to tell, as pointed out. But I suppose the majority of my favourites are Final forms so I guess that'd be it.

I'd say Final Forms, because, otherwise, they seem incomplete, like they have more training to do. Also, I can't stand Chikoritas, but Bayleefs are fine with me. Meganiums? All the better.

I pick the final forms because they usually have access to better moves, are stronger and have better designs. However, when it comes to Gible, I love all of his forms.

Middle forms. A majority of my favorites are middle forms, such as Bayleef, Quilava, Gabite, Dragonair, Grovyle, Janovy, Futachimaru, Pikachu, Ivysaur, Croconaw, you get the point.

I'd like to say that it depends on the pokemon, but in reality, I alternate between the base forms and the final forms. The middle forms, I don't care much about (with a few exceptions, of course).

I love the entire Bulbasaur line to the max as it is, so I can't really choose which one I prefer, but while I love both Squirtle and Blastoise, Wartortle creeps me out. I hate Treecko and Grovile but I love Sceptile, I really like Ampharos and Pidgeot but could care less about their prevos, etc.

I'll choose the base forms because you just happened to have a Bulbasaur sprite, but really, it's a tie between them and the final forms. I rarely care for the middle forms.

I voted for middle forms, though truthfully it varies between them and the finals. I also tend to like some of the weirder pokemon, and a lot of them fall under those stages in particular. I think the mid-forms might just edge out finals by a smidge though. I guess it's because a lot of the time they get the best of both worlds. Which is to say, the cuteness of their pre-evo and the coolness of their evolutions. The starters in particular are like this. Combusken is my favourite pokemon, but then there's Grovyle, Wartortle, Ivysaur, Bayleef, Monferno, Futachimaru, Chaobuu.

Mostly final forms, but there are several exceptions, like I like Elekid, but don't like Electabuzz, I like Pichu, but don't like it's evos (especially that fat Raichu).

Final Forms without hesitation.
They are almost always the coolest out of their respective family trees. (Except Wartortle... he's an exception IMO.)

Final forms for me. they usually have the best design, and I really like them the best. ^^

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom