• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP 99 and 100 titles

Pikapi

Reaction score
Pokéani has new titles up for DP099 and DP100.

DP099 (airs 23rd October)- 四天王リョウ!出会いと別れの森! Shitennou Ryou! Forest of separation encounter!

DP100 (airs 30th October)- ナエトル、ハヤシガメ…そしてドダイトス! Naetle, Hayashigame... and Dodaitoise!

Could this be Naetle's evolution coming up? Is the Dodaitoise Shinji's? I wonder...

(The Japanese text is screwing up a bit in the second title for me. Not sure why. But it's on the other page too.)

Except the magazine said Aaron would be before Celestic. It looks like it was moved to accommodate the one-hour specials.

Wow, we're really one hundred episodes into Diamond and Pearl? A Turtwig evolution would be a great way to celebrate that. (And the calander makes the inevitable evolution speculation plausable for once.)

Official confirmation, please.

But I kinda believe it. Aussie Magazine didn't lie. Heh heh.

Cool, so now, we're getting another game character - Ryou of Elite Four.

I'm hoping for a Tatara Ironworks after Melissa. But I'm somewhat afraid that Ironworks is not that kind of happy place which Satoshi-tachi tend to visit...

The Ironworks aren't exactly an *un*happy place either. And it's not like it'd be hard to work in. On the other hand they may not be considered important enough (bear in mind this is the same show that cut out a VERY important aspect of the first gen games--Silph).

Well it makes sense for a Turtwig evolution in episode 100 (and a very fitting episode number for it too). Aren't there usually captures/evolutions not long after a new intro debuts in Japan?

Except the magazine said Aaron would be before Celestic. It looks like it was moved to accommodate the one-hour specials.

I know they were right (Sort of), but you can't say for sure that this was the case. Remember the mix-up where they said Ash would lose to Crasher Wake? >_>

I really hope Turtwig evolves at last. I want to see Grotle so badly. =(

Kind of sad we had to wait to DP 100 for Turtwig to evolve.

Treecko evolved in AG 65.

Can someone tell me why the writers had to waste our time with a Bulbasaur clone for 100 episodes?

Kind of sad we had to wait to DP 100 for Turtwig to evolve.

Treecko evolved in AG 65.

Can someone tell me why the writers had to waste our time with a Bulbasaur clone for 100 episodes?

Hey, Fushigidane was part of Satoshi's team for over 200 episodes without ever evolving.

Granted, Naetle is fairly boring, but at least it's finally evolving, which will hopefully lead the writers to using him better.

Scott85 said:

Because Turtwig is, after all, a revamp of the Bulbasaur family...?

Yeah, but Bulbasaur had that stubborn personality and was an original. Turtwig was only captured because the writers HAVE to give Ash the grass type every time, as if there's some rule that he MUST have the grass starter.

Turtwig barely has a personality and comes off as just being a less interesting version of Bulbasaur.

At least now its finally evolving, but I can't believe we had to wait 100 episodes for it to do so. Grotle should be more appealing, I can see it being a tank.

Both Kimori and apparantly Naetle will evolve between the fourth and fifth gyms, though. DP is just moving slower than AG, that's all.

The "... and Dodaitose!" part in the DP100 title really tells us that Shinji is going to appear. He hasn't appeared since... DP81? My guess is another san tai san battle between Paul and Ash, where Paul will use his Torterra ^_^

Anyway, can't wait for these episodes. Both will be very exciting to watch, as will the Galactic special and the contest. The only bad one in front of us is the 'Pachirisu is sick' filler.

Both Kimori and apparantly Naetle will evolve between the fourth and fifth gyms, though. DP is just moving slower than AG, that's all.

Who's Kimori again?

But yeah, Turtwig evo time for sure, no doubt about it. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't lawl if Grotle ends up being a filler character/Nando/is there a difference at this point? instead, though.

And ooh, Aaron's appearance was right. I wonder who he'll showcase seeing as Vespiquen (An Angry Combeenation!), Drapion (through J) and Yanmega (Jessie) have all been showcased already.

Kimori = Treecko
The Pachi episode can be good so don't decide before you watch (and at least it gives some kind of spotlight to a neglected Pokémon, it's also interesting to see Ash and Dawn handle things without Brock)

Back to topic now... It's great Turtwig (probably) evolve! ^_^ I like Grotle and hopefully it'll get some more personality even if that's unlikely
If it evolve so soon after the new OP I guess maybe it'll already appear as a Grotle

Who's Kimori again?

Kimori = Treecko.

Anyway, what Pokemon do you think Ryou with him? His highest-levelled Pokemon in the game was Drapion but don't forget that he's supposed to be primarily a Bug Trainer. And it's not told he has to have only one Pokemon. They could even use his Platinum team, but it's highly unlikely as the episode was probably shot before the release of Platinum...

Anyway, I know it's off-topic. But where did you get that Kate animation in your sig from? Did you rip it yourself or got it from some website?

I have a suspicion that Naetle will evolve twice in the same episode. The episode title is actually "Naetle, Hayashigame... and Then Dodaitose!", implying that they will appear one after the other and the Dodaitose is unexpected.

I have a suspicion that Naetle will evolve twice in the same episode. The episode title is actually "Naetle, Hayashigame... and Then Dodaitose!", implying that they will appear one after the other and the Dodaitose is unexpected.

no, the writers wont do that again after the charizard incident :p. I do think it is Paul's Dodaitose, which will also explain ".... and Dodaitose".

I think you all just give much more importance to that "...and" than you should
Most of the Japanese episode titles are this way with "!!" "?!" "..."
It's not like it means anything special is going to happen
I doubt they'll have a Pokémon evolve twice in the same episode and especially if it doesn't even with an item or something (for example it won't be that crazy for an Oddish to evolve into Gloom than in the same episode evolve again by the use of Sun/Leaf stone)
Not to mention for a main character... and also there's the soon to be released Grotle figure which is of the kind that released in coordination with the anime... and let's not forget the calender that have Grotle with Chimchar and Piplup
Most likely - this episode Turtwig evolve into Grotle and that's it

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom