• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbacast is restarting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

evkl

Person-about-Bulba
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So as the next phase of the ongoing Project Overgrow, we're looking to restart Bulbacast. We obviously want to bring back many of the veterans who helped make the cast incredibly successful, while also potentially adding new flavor to the party.

Before I go into detail about how we'll figure out new cast members, a handful of requirements:

*A mic
*A block of free time every week (i.e., every Saturday, noon GMT--for example.)
*The ability to record and reformat audio files is preferred but by no means required

With that out of the way, here's how this is going to happen.

Post your interest in here, along with blocks of free time, expressed in GMT. If you have questions, feel free to ask. After we get a good idea of who's interested, and what free time people have, we'll group people into "Cast Groups." Cast groups will be responsible for putting together a five- to ten- minute short podcast. From there...we'll see what happens and how each cast group performs.

Once we actually make the cast groups, we'll provide a little more info about them. Veterans of Bulbacast, throw me a PM or post in here just to confirm your interest (but I'll be reaching out to you if you happen to not see.)

Again, if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. We are, as always, here to help.

I look forward to hearing you guys soon!
-evkl

I'm definitely interested! I am free pretty muchly all day on the weekend (Friday & Saturday) and from 11 pm to 2 am GMT. The best topic for me to be a part of would probably be a part of the Video Game or Anime/Movie category. I have all of the componets required.

Last edited:
I'm interested. 6 am to 8 am on Saturday and Sunday mornings GMT is best for me.

I'm up for it. Pacific timezone, available pretty much any time except 2 am-noon.

But this depends on when I get my computer fixed/replaced since right now it's horribly broken.

wheeeeeeee about time..

too lazy to PM, so here is my 2cents: as always, I'm avail pretty much any day/time. Also, can host the files (we still host all the existing ones) too.

I can also edit, clean up, and encode (though not record at this time) the casts.. using block recorded skype calls (like we did before) and/or sperately recorded parts by each cast member/callin/etc. New sfx/bgm will have to be provided once decided upon.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm definitely interested! ^^

I have Eastern time, and I'm available pretty much any day of the week. But the best time you can catch me would probably be sometime on the weekend, Friday through Sunday.

And I have lots of experience, both as a callin and regular member of the cast (Bulbacast: English Edition). So I'd be more than happy to join the Bulbacast again!! ^_^

I'll be ready next month onwards! (All day) :D

I'm available most nights, usually on a Saturday (EST time).

There is a possibility I might have homework during these times, especially in my History of Graphic Design class, but otherwise, I have Saturday's clear.

Maybe, like, 9:00 PM or so?

I'm interested, as I'm usually free all day on Saturdays and Sundays -- so just about any time is fine with me. . .but preferably after 12p.m. EDT, whatever that is GMT -- and there is very rarely an exception to that. . .I just need to get my mic working again. . .should be no problem though.

I'm no expert on any facet of Pokemon, but what I do have is opinions on just about everything. (But who doesn't?)

If there is anything I'd be anywhere near useful on, it's the movies. If there is anything I'm good at, it's talking about/reviewing movies.

So I'd do it, I just don't think anyone cares about my opinions, and people probably want to hear someone who has been around for more than three months.

Last edited:
Um, I'm interested but I can't adjust/edit audio files but can I still give out any creative ideas. I have a good imagination. I'm available on Saterdays and Sundays from 3-8 PM in the Eastern Timezone.

I'm not interested in participating, but here's some advice:

Spend less time ranting about Misty, please? :p

Having listened to those old Bulbacasts lately, its absolutely ridiculous how people kept on claiming she was going to make a return to the DP series, or how she was somehow "more important" to the franchise than the other two girls.

For a character that's now in less than half the shows total episodes, I find it absurd how the old cast kept ranting about how important she was, and how she was more vital to the series than either of the two girls who came after her. Again having listened to those old casts lately, the prediction about Misty was so totally wrong I don't even understand why you guys spent so much time on it.

Other than that I hope the new Bulbacast is fun and I look forward to it!

Last edited:
This is gonna sound like such a dumb question (it probably is a dumb question actually) but what is Bulbacast? *embarrassed*

If I can get a mic up and running I'll see what I can do.

wheeeeeeee about time..

too lazy to PM, so here is my 2cents: as always, I'm avail pretty much any day/time. Also, can host the files (we still host all the existing ones) too.

I can also edit, clean up, and encode (though not record at this time) the casts.. using block recorded skype calls (like we did before) and/or sperately recorded parts by each cast member/callin/etc. New sfx/bgm will have to be provided once decided upon.

If PPN's in, I'm in too.

So PPN, you interested in this "cast group" thing? PM me in the chat and we'll see what we can do about getting some of the old group from the bulbacasts (as well as from those "other" casts we did).

Also, if the Question of the Week segment is brought back, I'll resume my old duties with that as well hopefully.

I'm not interested in participating, but here's some advice:

Spend less time ranting about Misty, please? :p

Having listened to those old Bulbacasts lately, its absolutely ridiculous how people kept on claiming she was going to make a return to the DP series, or how she was somehow "more important" to the franchise than May, and now Dawn.

For a character that's now in less than half the shows total episodes, I find it absurd how the old cast kept ranting about how important she was, and how she was more vital to the series than either of the two girls who came after her. Again having listened to those old casts lately, the prediction about Misty was so totally wrong I don't even understand why you guys ever thought the writers favored her.

Other than that I hope the new Bulbacast is fun and I look forward to it!

Wha? In the time I was part of the cast, we mentioned Misty twice. Besides, we can talk of whatever we want. Just because you dislike Misty it doesn't mean we have to stop talking about her.

Seriously dude, you need to stop bringing the same shit over and over again. Yeah, we get you dislike everything Misty and everything Johto. We don't need to be reminded of it in EVERY post you make.

I don't dislike Misty at all, I never said I did. But if you want to know what I mean, listen to the last couple of Bulbacasts again around the time it originally stopped. It really did get excessive at points, or else I wouldn't bring it up. I look forward to the new ones.

I don't dislike Misty at all, I never said I did. But if you want to know what I mean, listen to the last couple of Bulbacasts again around the time it originally stopped. It really did get excessive at points, or else I wouldn't bring it up. I look forward to the new ones.

Perceptions of what is and isn't excessive are relative. I've listened to those last couple you are referring to -- at least I think I have -- and I heard nothing excessive.

And why are you speaking on what is excessive when all you seem to want to discuss are your complaints about Johto and fans of Misty?

Hi guys,

So as the next phase of the ongoing Project Overgrow, we're looking to restart Bulbacast. We obviously want to bring back many of the veterans who helped make the cast incredibly successful, while also potentially adding new flavor to the party.

Before I go into detail about how we'll figure out new cast members, a handful of requirements:

*A mic
*A block of free time every week (i.e., every Saturday, noon GMT--for example.)
*The ability to record and reformat audio files is preferred but by no means required

With that out of the way, here's how this is going to happen.

Post your interest in here, along with blocks of free time, expressed in GMT. If you have questions, feel free to ask. After we get a good idea of who's interested, and what free time people have, we'll group people into "Cast Groups." Cast groups will be responsible for putting together a five- to ten- minute short podcast. From there...we'll see what happens and how each cast group performs.

Once we actually make the cast groups, we'll provide a little more info about them. Veterans of Bulbacast, throw me a PM or post in here just to confirm your interest (but I'll be reaching out to you if you happen to not see.)

Again, if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. We are, as always, here to help.

I look forward to hearing you guys soon!
-evkl

I'd say I could, but noon GMT is 6am for me iirc. If it's later during the day, I'll pitch in.
And I even have sound effects... =/

Edit- I'm still up for it, so just add me to the list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom