• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

PMD WiiWare games to go on sale Aug. 4: Each game to cost 1,200 Wii Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
PMD WiiWare games to go on sale Aug. 4: Each game to cost 1,200 Wii Points

The three Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games designed for Nintendo's WiiWare service will become available for download to Wii consoles in Japan beginning Aug. 4.

Read more on Bulbanews

1,200 Points?!?! That's not chump change in terms of points. These better be good games then if they're trying to sell them for that much. I bet that most people will only get one though.

At Serebii.net, we got some in-game details from CoroCoro that you seemed to have not posted;

These games, as expected, are based on the story & legend of the Pokémon Arceus.
The dungeons and characters are modelled in 3D
There is a new feature called the Pokémon Tower where 4 moves are used consecutively. Further details are not known
There is a new facility called the Gastrodon Judgment House where the Treasure Chests you find are judged.
As expected, Blazing Adventure Squad will focus on Fire types, Stormy Adventure Squad on Water types and Light Adventure Squad on Electric types

At Serebii.net, we got some in-game details from CoroCoro that you seemed to have not posted;

These games, as expected, are based on the story & legend of the Pokémon Arceus.
There is a new feature called the Pokémon Tower where 4 moves are used consecutively. Further details are not known
There is a new facility called the Gastrodon Judgment House where the Treasure Chests you find are judged.
As expected, Blazing Adventure Squad will focus on Fire types, Stormy Adventure Squad on Water types and Light Adventure Squad on Electric types
Wow nice. I wonder if the thing could unlock something special with the Arceus statue in PMD:EotS

ONLY 1,200 wii pionts I'm pretty sure there is a catch if there isn't I'm getting all three games

Last edited:
Emphasis on water, fire, and electric pokemon depending on version? The Beast Trio will probably have some focus.

I'll only get one version (if I'm able to get internet working on my Wii that is), I'm more excited for Scramble though.

Emphasis on water, fire, and electric pokemon depending on version? The Beast Trio will probably have some focus.

I'll only get one version (if I'm able to get internet working on my Wii that is), I'm more excited for Scramble though.
What would they do with Arceus? I mean connection in story.

What would they do with Arceus? I mean connection in story.

The beast trio is typically used to refer to Suicune, Entei, and Raikou. He's saying that since they have the three types focused on by the games, it's likely that they have something to do with it. I mean, why would Nintendo pass up the opportunity to cash in on legendaries like that?

EDIT:

Oh, I didn't understand you there. I thought you were confusing Arceus's trio with the beast trio. :dumb: They could still connect it somehow, just look at some of the Mystery Dungeon stories of the past.

Are we talking Stadium 3D style or Pokemon Ranch/Melee chibi style 3D? Because if it's the latter, and it probably will, then...eh. I may check it out.

We dont have clear shots yet...hoping they'll come tomorrow, but as its WiiWare its likely to be the latter

It'll be interesting to see the 3D models in this game. I have a feeling they'll be different from the ones in Ranch (maybe pre-rendered/cell shaded?). The Pokémon will likely have a certain style, akin to the previous PMD games.

I've had this feeling that you'll get some extra content if you purchase all of the titles but I could be wrong. Hopefully these games turn out to be good, even if WiiWare's block sizes limit the lenght of the games.

1200 Wii Points? Not a bad price at all. I've not seen many games with that price earlier. Usually the most expensive ones are either 1000 or 1500 points.

Hopefully purchasing all three games will combine them into one with all the features, if the difference is anything else than what Pokemon appear.

It would also be nice if these were multiplayer, but I doubt it.

Hopefully purchasing all three games will combine them into one with all the features, if the difference is anything else than what Pokemon appear.

Nintendo could decide to make them combine in some way. It probably depends on the content in each game though, and which content is exclusive to some of the games. If only some of the games have some of the pokemon, it'd be reasonable to expect connectivity.

And with multiplayer, I'm willing to bet that they'll at least have something similar to the system where someone could save you if you're in trouble. Let's see if this supports Wi-fi.

I really adore the Ranch designs, so I almost hope they're the ones being used.

I'd bloody hope not. 1200 points is a decent price for one of these games - especially since the actual GBA/DS games were totally not worth the full game price they were charged at anyway - but the idea that you'd have to buy 3 identical games at such a high price just to get the 'proper' game in the end is taking the piss.

I'd bloody hope not. 1200 points is a decent price for one of these games - especially since the actual GBA/DS games were totally not worth the full game price they were charged at anyway - but the idea that you'd have to buy 3 identical games at such a high price just to get the 'proper' game in the end is taking the piss.

I'm thinking it might be worth it if each game has it's own sub-plot and it's own set of dungeons, though.

I'm thinking it might be worth it if each game has it's own sub-plot and it's own set of dungeons, though.

Well, the games have that random-dungeon generator, so that's kind of moot. Each game would have to have different content from the other games to be worth it.

I doubt there is any reason to purchase more than one game. I'm sure it was easy enough for Chunsoft to tweak them into three different versions and hope people will get confused and think they need to buy all three.

1200 is cheap, considering that PMD for ds is 30 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom