• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

3DS Feature Theory Thread

I'm not so sure about that, while I'm sure it would be possible, remember the 3DS is to boast highly "advanced" anti-piracy technology, so it might be nearly impossible to hack in a fake Pokemon onto a cartridge. Outside of what hacking can already do for the games.

And while I would be okay with downloadable Pokemon, I don't know about it. To me it sounds too complicated to deal with.

Anti Piracy =/= hack proof. As long as hackers can get to the save file, they can hack Pokemon. Signing the files would only slow down the hackers, as they would find ways to hack them like on the 360. In fact, most 360 hacks have to do with hacking save files, just like with Pokemon.

They might be able to block out memory edits (action replay) with the 3ds though, but don't count on it.

The only way to really stop hackers is to start banning people from online, like with xbox live. If nintendo cares about online this gen, they will learn from what happened to PSN and start banning people.

Expanded DLC using 3DSware.

It would be so awesome to be able to download spinoffs and expansions that would read the game card in the system and use that game's save data. Give me a downloadable Battle frontier, and pokéwalker please.

Touché. Unless, what if the games specified a certain amount of slots for downloadable content? (For example, 3 Pokémon) so people would be discourage from creating Fakémon, as it would mean they wouldn't be able to get the real Pokémon?

The main problem with this as noted is that people with the event Pokemon wouldn't be able to battle against people without the event Pokemon.

unless it creates a register for any you battle but only as seen not as caught. (like the event includes a bit to inform other ds's of the event which puts it to others in a temporary info slot and doesn't count against the total count but then gets deleted after a set amount of time) Even though they should be a form of existing pokemon and a way to delete the info from your game (without reseting) if you get rid of it and want a different one.
hope what I said comes across how I meant it.

The main problem with this as noted is that people with the event Pokemon wouldn't be able to battle against people without the event Pokemon.
Well, to initiate a battle, the 3DS consoles would have to activate the wireless capabilities of their 3DS. They could have it so the other game will pick up on the event Pokémon and the information about it will be given to the other game, similar to my Pokédex-StreetPass idea.

I do not want diagonal movement.

It made the sprites in ranger look weird...
The sprites are damned for all eternity from the 3DS onward if you ask me. More then likely going to be polygons like in golden sun and the DQ games. No reason not to do so. Anyway, with the 3DS, like how event Pokemon can be added into the data with no trouble, I can see DLC coming along for new areas, new attacks, and new evolution methods even. DLC is one thing I can see Pokemon using very easily, and very frequently.

The sprites are damned for all eternity from the 3DS onward if you ask me. More then likely going to be polygons like in golden sun and the DQ games. No reason not to do so.

It had just occurred to me that with that real "hand drawn" 2D animation would be a relatively reasonable alternative to sprites. The idea of animated character art is very appealing to me. While I would prefer 2D animations Pokemon seems to be leaning more towards Polygons with All the focus on creating unique point-of-views in HeartGold/SoulSilver, and Black/White.

On the matter of hackers ruining DLC events:

Event pokemon are banned from random wifi matches anyway. Other battles are usually done with friends who can decide rules amongst themselves, or online competitive battling communities which have there own rules.

It shouldn't be a problem in most cases.

Augmented Reality! (fanfare)

Sony have already beaten Nintendo to it with Invizanimals. I want to see an AR based Pokemon game. The problem with InVizAni is the gameplay doesn't stand up after the AR gimmick has worn off (that and a nonsensical type matchup system). Pokemon has a solid battling system, sooooooo......

Just wanted to come in and say this.

YES! Fully animated 3D Modeled Pokemon with AR :) (No one cares that Invizmals did it first, or atleast they shouldn't. Pokemon is more know for playing catch up presentation wise compared to other RPGs. Plus ar has been around and used for games before either Nintendo or Sony used it)

IDK what kind of models they would use
I would actually like for them to look like Brawl Pokemon Character models. Have a mixture of texture and flat colors and what not depending on the pokemon.

And yes, Pokemon can now have actual DLC with the 3DS. So for the first time we would have to actually wait for the event to know what Pokemon we're getting.

Also, on the note of AR, I could see a "Pokemon Pikachu" like pet get used for either the a add on for the main line title or as a nice spin off game. It could use AR like that pseye pet thing or Nintendogs 3DS. You would be able to interact with your Pokemon as if they were in front of you. :D

Pokemon Box as 3DSWare would rule. And it shold be compatible with the DS versions, too (one way or like the Time Machine in Gold / Silver). Transferring Pokemon would be much easier. (Of course, beat the game first)

Nah, I think Fukiyose Airport's pretty much there for shits and giggles.

It's already been confirmed that there are no 3DS enhancements in Pokemon Black and White...

It's already been confirmed that there are no 3DS enhancements in Pokemon Black and White...

But maybe there's some in the 3rd version. Oh wait...

I feel like GF is already planning the move to the 3ds if they want to admit it or not. The side by side sprites posted in the website linked in the help thread look like it's exactly the same sprite, same movements and everything, just a front view and back view, like maybe they've already got some rough 3d models. Thats just a thought tho

I'm just hoping that it'll have better WiFi than the past DS systems. I've missed out on every event, and I'm tired of it. T_T

I'm just hoping that it'll have better WiFi than the past DS systems. I've missed out on every event, and I'm tired of it. T_T
SpotPass to the rescue!

If you're at home, walking through town, or even causing trouble at your nearest McDonalds, SpotPass will connect!

Then, it could download the events for you.

SpotPass to the rescue!

If you're at home, walking through town, or even causing trouble at your nearest McDonalds, SpotPass will connect!

Then, it could download the events for you.

... But you'll still need to register the WiFi key in "WFC Settings", right? Or can SpotPass just steal internet from anyone with Wifi?

Not only has it been confirmed that it doesn't have 3DS enhancements, the games are also meant for the DS/DSi.. So the whole spotpass for events wouldn't even work and neither would the "no event mons in the games system"-thing, because DS(lite)/DSi users wouldn't be able to get those event mons.

Not only has it been confirmed that it doesn't have 3DS enhancements, the games are also meant for the DS/DSi.. So the whole spotpass for events wouldn't even work and neither would the "no event mons in the games system"-thing, because DS(lite)/DSi users wouldn't be able to get those event mons.
I originally made this thread in the "Video Games" section to discuss features we'd like to see when Pokémon arrives on the 3DS; a moderator just moved it here for some reason. Please read the first post; it was made long before the rumours of 3DS enhancements came about.

... But you'll still need to register the WiFi key in "WFC Settings", right? Or can SpotPass just steal internet from anyone with Wifi?
It automatically connects to available connections, without us even knowing.

Back
Top Bottom