• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

3DS impressions straight from Greece: A diehard fan's first impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, for those complaining about battery life, they assured us that it's almost as DSiXL's. Turning off the wireless communications, 3D and brightness really boosts the battery in case you're on say, a very long trip.
NGamer have reportedly tested the battery, and it was found out to be 4 hours with full brightness and 3D, but with no wireless communications enabled. But yeah, turning off 3D, lowering brightness and turning off wireless connections would probably add about another 2 hours.

Nintendo have also stated that the battery life is 3-5 hours with the "soft" brightness setting, while DS playback is 5-8 hours. Still, the DSi's battery was about 4 hours.

Nintendo have also admitted that they are bundling the cradle as an incentive for people to charge their systems more often. Unfortunately, the LCD screen sucks up a lot of battery (as does the screen having to produce two seperate images to send to each eye).

The picture of OoT alone makes me excited about this system, but I'm pretty suprised! I didn't expect the AR to be that impressive! Considering how the 3DS was described, I say that they've inproved from all the flaws from the DSi, which I never really knew exsisted!

I'll definately get this! Thanks, Arty2, for the review.

I would buy it immediately, but I'll probably waste all my money on Pokemon Black. And I was so close to winning this year! Ah well, guess I'll have to wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom