• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

3DS, Wii Pokémon games in development: Release date, boxart for Typing DS also announ

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
3DS, Wii Pokémon games in development: Release date, boxart for Typing DS also announced

Satoru Iwata has revealed numerous pieces of information at today's financial briefing. First and foremost, Iwata showed the boxart for Battle & Get! Pokémon Typing DS, along with revealing a release period of April 2011. In addition to this, Iwata announced that Nintendo is working on "various projects" for the Wii and the upcoming Nintendo 3DS regarding the Pokémon franchise.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: 3DS, Wii Pokémon games in development: Release date, boxart for Typing DS also an

Inb4 3DS title is a spin off.

Re: 3DS, Wii Pokémon games in development: Release date, boxart for Typing DS also an

Yay. I just hope the Wii ones are more like the stadium games than battle revolution though. :yahoo:

Fairly dissapointed that the DS one is just a typing game.

Hopefully it's a spin-off with some kind of plot rather than just a racing game or some other light fare, as the first DS Pokemon game was.

The 3DS would be ideal for a port of Pokemon Snap, particularly with its superior graphics and augmented reality feature. Not only could you photograph Pokemon around the normal game world, but you could hunt them around your house or outside, as well.

Last edited:

This is exciting! I hope with this 3DS title they intend to continue the Mystery Dungeon subseries of the franchise. I would love a pokemon snap sequel as well. It's probably just a spinoff, but I've been enjoying spinoffs more and more over time.

I'm calling it right now: spin-off.

It's offical: New Wii pokemon game confirmed. Now we only need to see if it's that battle sim.

And the Nintendo accessory dude might have been right...and his company might have been getting a license later.

So Pokemon now has practice typing software. This franchise keeps expanding and expanding to new heights, it's amazing what Nintendo, Game Freak, and The Pokemon Company are coming up with. Of course, such a game will never be able to sell as well here.

I'm praying for a Pokemon Snap-esque 3DS game. It would work very well for the software, and we haven't had a game like this in over 11 years.

"Various projects" for the Wii could mean anything. There are already a lot of Pokemon games available for Wii and WiiWare from the fourth generation alone. We'll probably get a sequel to PBR for the fifth generation games/pokemon (which could be the same game as the "Gale of Darkness" esque game we've been speculating over).

I really want a Gale of Darkness/ Colo spinoff. I enjoyed Colo immensely. It was challenging and my kind of game

This times a million. I enjoyed both those games immensely. Here's hoping that's the type of game it is.

So Pokemon now has practice typing software. This franchise keeps expanding and expanding to new heights, it's amazing what Nintendo, Game Freak, and The Pokemon Company are coming up with. Of course, such a game will never be able to sell as well here.

Whoring the series out to every possible venue is something its done since it gained mainstream popularity, not really something I'd praise it for.

I'm praying for a Pokemon Snap-esque 3DS game. It would work very well for the software, and we haven't had a game like this in over 11 years.

Yeah, I'm hoping that HAL takes a break from the Ranger series and decides to go with this. Let's hope that this new game doesn't just choose to showcase the 3D gimmick. Think of the limitless possibilities of Augmented reality Pokémon Snap. Honestly, traditional Snap mechanics, combined with AR, and the ability to save these pics on an SD card so I can upload them onto my computer and share them online would really curb my views on how soon I'd get a 3DS.

Really, if its not this, I'd much rather have a new spin-off series.

A lot of people here mentioned a Snap sequel; that's exactly what my brother suggested when I told him they were making a Pokémon game for the 3DS and I think it would be awesome. Snap was the first Pokémon game I ever owned, and I think it would be pretty cool if they remade it for the 3DS.

For the Wii, I definitely hope it's an RPG à la Colosseum/XD, although I'd like it if it dealt with something other than Shadow Pokémon. They haven't done δ-Species in the video games yet; that could be interesting.

DEAR 3DS GAME,

PLEASE BE MYSTERY DUNGEON 3

- LOVE, EVERYONE

P.S: Augmented reality Snap 3DS would be cool too.

The typing game reminds me of the old Mario Teaches Typing game from ages long past. They had it in my elementary school and it taught me to type awesomely. Wish I had a pokemon version back in the day.

Miar said:
Pokémon Typing DS'll never come out here. It's just a game to teach how to type in Western language characters (the ones we use, not so much for them)

It's software designed how to teach Japanese kids to type, period. It's not just teaching them how to type words out in English.

Besides, last I checked, American kids need to learn how to type as well. I see no reason for this game to not make it stateside.

Dear Genius Sonority,

please make a Colosseum type game so we can play it on the Wii and love it.
Love, Shiny Celebi and the Pokemon Fandom
This. Just this.

I hope the Wii game is good.

I get the feeling the 3DS one will be a Mystery Dungeon game, if only because that series is still popular.

I wouldn't object to a Pokemon Snap sequel either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom