• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

3DS, Wii Pokémon games in development: Release date, boxart for Typing DS also announ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 3DS, Wii Pokémon games in development: Release date, boxart for Typing DS also an

It's software designed how to teach Japanese kids to type, period. It's not just teaching them how to type words out in English.

Besides, last I checked, American kids need to learn how to type as well. I see no reason for this game to not make it stateside.

For everyone that has been saying this...it's too early to already be assuming that the typing game won't be released here. Nintendo may release it here. We are starting to get more Japan exculsives....like the Zoroark promo, There hasn't been any news on the release, so it's too early to be drawing conclusions.

Re: 3DS, Wii Pokémon games in development: Release date, boxart for Typing DS also an

The 3DS would be ideal for a port of Pokemon Snap, particularly with its superior graphics and augmented reality feature. Not only could you photograph Pokemon around the normal game world, but you could hunt them around your house or outside, as well.

See now you've gotten my hopes up and when it's not this I'll be upset.

A typing proficiency game? Yes Please. I'm more interested in it for the fact it has a universal bluetooth keyboard bundled with it.

I'd love one just for my Android.

The 3DS Project will be the RSEmakes.

I called it.

The 3DS Project will be the RSEmakes.
No. Satoru Iwata said that details about these projects will be revealed in the forseeable future; he was not referring to the 3DS' lifetime as a whole. Quite obviously, the biggest 3DS project is Generation VI, even in the event that Game Freak are working on other 3DS games (which I significantly doubt).

If we have to wait until VI for a main series 3DS game, I'll be extremely dissapointed (unless Gen VI were to start in mid-late 2012); though perhaps not entirely surprised. The DS is now quite dated, though, and my interest in buying a game for it beyond B&W ranges from minimal to non-existent.

If the DS were on its way out, we wouldn't be playing Black and White on that system. The only question is whether things will be that different in 2012; beyond that I agree that the system will be dead. If it turns out that Nintendo want 2011 to be the end of DS games, it is possible that they've pressured Game Freak to release the third version by the end of the year.

Game Freak made a decision, and it turned out to be the right one, at least from a financial perspective. I really don't see why they would be in a rush to move onto the 3DS; they made sure to remove just enough features from Black and White to make the third version still appealing on the DS. It is a documented fact that the concepts added to the third versions were, in fact, removed from the respective main versions either deliberately or due to time constraints. The fact that nothing in Black and White is geared at the 3DS speaks volumes.

Last edited:

Man, Snap is seriously overrated in this forum. ._. You get to take pictures of Pokemon. Yay. Meanwhile, I'd rather raise them to be very strong, as well as tough/cute/cool/beautiful/smart, as well as lovely in Musicals. Those are freaking fun.

Another Mystery Dungeon! Now THAT is a spin-off worth a 3DS game.

But Typing, not bad either. God knows my typing might need a little improvement. I still type with only my thumb and index fingers...which is apparently what you're NOT supposed to do. This game might be a more fun teacher than an actual typing teacher.

And the new Wii game...eeeee. 8D I just want to see Unova Pokemon in 3D! I don't care anymore if it's a Stadium or a Colosseum or a Revolution. If I can see my cute Zuzu on the 3D alongside my badass Boca, I know shit is gonna be real.

Another Mystery Dungeon! Now THAT is a spin-off worth a 3DS game.
Not really. All Mystery Dungeon games have grossly underutilized the DS, so even if that hasn't prevented from them being successful, they're definitely not the best incentive to buy a new system.

If Chunsoft were to repeat what they did in 2005 by releasing one version for the DS and another one for the 3DS, at least that would be fair.

a keyboard accessory for my DS? sure. why not... it'll be fun to type with pokemon... or Zombies. Typing of the Dead in 3D anyone?

They had an amazing story, and challenging gameplay. At least Sky did, along with those special episodes. D8 I guess there was a lot of work to be done, but nowhere near as much work Snap would need.

Man, Snap is seriously overrated in this forum. ._. You get to take pictures of Pokemon. Yay. Meanwhile, I'd rather raise them to be very strong, as well as tough/cute/cool/beautiful/smart, as well as lovely in Musicals. Those are freaking fun.

I'd like to call it thinking outside the box, but everyone seems to suggest the same game archetypes anyway. New series ftw

Still think my Looker: Ace Investigator idea would be cool >:

Though I don't really see it capitalizing on 3DS technology, which is really what I want from this new game. And no, turning on 3D features does not count as capitalizing on its technology :/

Also don't get how anyone who regularly participates on these forums would think a typing game to learn how to help them type would be good. BMGf basically helped me improve my typing skills

The 3DS would be ideal for a port of Pokemon Snap... (some words later) .... you could hunt them around your house or outside, as well.

Invizanimals anyone?

But yeah, I'd prefer a Pokemon take on this thing. Personally, I think that the invizanimals have mediocre design and nonsensical typing. And type matchups for that matter.

But actually on topic.....

I'm hoping that the 3DS game is a portable Battle Revolution. Why? Because we know that it has Gamecube-level-graphics (to all intents and purposes) and I want to see my Reishram and Zoroark battle.....

IN SPACE!

Sorry, I meant 3D. But it would be cool to see them battle IN SPACE!

The appropriate timing comment makes me feel this is within this year, or the start of next year. Anyway, I can see gray being out by 2012 on the 3DS, or if we're REALLY lucky RSE by the year's end as Blazking said.

please let the wii game be an xd/colloseum style game, and the 3ds be a ranger game

The Wii game will obviously be an RPG by Genius Sonority. It better be. :p

As for the 3DS game... I expect no more than a Pikachu-based Ambrella game or something of that sort.

The in-house studios actively working on Pokémon games are: Game Freak, Genius Sonority, Creatures, Inc., Ambrella and HAL Laboratory. Game Freak and (given that they are working on Pokemon Wii RPG) Genius Sonority are out of question and HAL is now working on the previously canned GameCube Kirby title for Wii.

That leaves Creatures and Ambrella, and given that the former has a fairly regular release schedule, in contrast to the other whose latest game was a 2009 mini release, Pokémon Rumble, my bets are on Ambrella.

When speaking of third-party devs, we have Chunsoft and (surprisingly) Jupiter. A Pokemon Pinball BW by the latter would be awesome, but I doubt it, unfortunately. As for Chunsoft, I personally do not want more MD games. Three games divided into 8 titles are pretty much enough for now...

So, I think that it's an Ambrella title. As much as I'd want a new Pinball game or another Puzzle League. :p

I desperately hope they produce a new Pinaball title. I loved Ruby/Sapphire. Also, more PMD and Ranger are essential.
As for the Wii...well I dont have one so I couldnt care less. :)

The 3DS would be ideal for a port of Pokemon Snap, particularly with its superior graphics and augmented reality feature. Not only could you photograph Pokemon around the normal game world, but you could hunt them around your house or outside, as well.
I thought about that last night. But rather than a port, I'd like to see a sequel. Using Augmented Reality could be fun, for taking photos of Pokémon in your back garden and stuff xD. Maybe bundle it with some AR cards?

I desperately hope they produce a new Pinaball title. I loved Ruby/Sapphire. Also, more PMD and Ranger are essential.
As for the Wii...well I dont have one so I couldnt care less. :)
I hope so to. Every odd-numbered generation has introduced a Pokemon Pinball game. I would love them to make another one this gen so it will look like they are following a tradition :-D

They had an amazing story, and challenging gameplay. At least Sky did, along with those special episodes. D8 I guess there was a lot of work to be done, but nowhere near as much work Snap would need.

The problem with those games is that the are repetitive. I can only count 2 differences between Sky and T/D:

Special Episodes
Shaymin at the end.

I'm open to a Snap remake.

Every odd-numbered generation has introduced a Pokemon Pinball game. I would love them to make another one this gen so it will look like they are following a tradition. :-D

While a second Pinball Game is a nice thought, Gen III is the only odd-numbered generation to release one so far. Don't bother jumping to conclusions just yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom