• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

3DS, Wii Pokémon games in development: Release date, boxart for Typing DS also announ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 3DS, Wii Pokémon games in development: Release date, boxart for Typing DS also an

No. Satoru Iwata said that details about these projects will be revealed in the forseeable future; he was not referring to the 3DS' lifetime as a whole. Quite obviously, the biggest 3DS project is Generation VI, even in the event that Game Freak are working on other 3DS games (which I significantly doubt).
Do we even know WHO is developing the 3DS game yet? I can easily guess it isn't Game Freak. The DS didn't start with a mainseries Pokemon game after all, since it started with Spin-Offs while the mainseries games were still on the GBA. This is clearly my guess here; No mainseries 3DS games for another few years, and only Spin-Offs until then.

Re: 3DS, Wii Pokémon games in development: Release date, boxart for Typing DS also an

The problem with those games is that the are repetitive. I can only count 2 differences between Sky and T/D:

Special Episodes
Shaymin at the end.

For some strange reason (well not strange since fansites reported it as such), a lot of people have called Sky PMD3 and complain how similar it is once they play it. You'd think that once you played it, it would hint that it isn't a sequel but that the PMD series took a chapter out of the main series' book and made a third version.

There are also quite a bit of new features and you're just underselling it

Really, I don't see why you're holding this against the PMD series when the main series do it all the time, and unlike the main series' early attempts at third versions, PMD actually made a sufficient amount of differences their first time around.

Whatever they are, I just hope they bring something new to the table, or at least refreshing. Last generation seemed trolled by mostly nothing but pmd and ranger games, which really sucks if you weren't fond of either of them. |<

Battle Wii game with rpg would be great if the rumor about it is true. For 3DS, Id really like to see a new idea for that. There's too much potential to just rehash a past game.

Looking at screenshots of the typing game; I might import it. Could be useful.

Hopefully it's a spin-off with some kind of plot rather than just a racing game or some other light fare, as the first DS Pokemon game was.

The 3DS would be ideal for a port of Pokemon Snap, particularly with its superior graphics and augmented reality feature. Not only could you photograph Pokemon around the normal game world, but you could hunt them around your house or outside, as well.

Port? Give me a sequel dang-nab-it.

As for the Wii game, we need a true 3d adventure with wild Pokémon and a custom trainer, and GSC-Kanto-style Hoenn in full 3d, set however many years after gen 1/3 generation 5 is, with a focus on species that haven't been used in-game[url].

Port? Give me a sequel dang-nab-it.

After 12 years, there's not much difference between the two. Very few people who played the original would probably be playing the sequel, and for everyone else the "2" in the title would be rather mysterious.

Also, when I say "port", I don't mean the kind of lazy BS crap port that tends to be pushed out today; I mean an enhanced port like Super Mario Bros. DX on the GBC, or Mario Advance 4 on the GBA. The same overall level design (which, after 12 years, they can get away with) but remade and with new, enhanced features.

If what I'd wanted was a literal port, I never would've mentioned the usage of augmented reality.

Virtual Console. Also another benefit of subtitled sequels.

I'm hoping the Wii game turns out to be another RPG. As for the 3DS game(s), I'm not sure what to think until we get more info on them... I'm not in that big of a hurry to get a 3DS right now.:-/ Iwata has mentioned E3 2011 in this announcement, so I'm looking forward to June to see what these games are supposed to be.

After 12 years, there's not much difference between the two. Very few people who played the original would probably be playing the sequel, and for everyone else the "2" in the title would be rather mysterious.

Also, when I say "port", I don't mean the kind of lazy BS crap port that tends to be pushed out today; I mean an enhanced port like Super Mario Bros. DX on the GBC, or Mario Advance 4 on the GBA. The same overall level design (which, after 12 years, they can get away with) but remade and with new, enhanced features.

If what I'd wanted was a literal port, I never would've mentioned the usage of augmented reality.

It's not like they named it Pokemon Ranger 2: Shadows of Almia, they just gave it the second title so it can still be a sequel which makes light references to the original for the older fans.

I have a feeling it'll be a Ranger game or a Mystery Dungeon game. They'll wait a couple years before releasing a main series game on the 3DS.

I have a feeling it'll be a Ranger game or a Mystery Dungeon game. They'll wait a couple years before releasing a main series game on the 3DS.

Guardian Signs doesn't seem nearly as popular as Shadows of Almia did, and a lot of Ranger sales seem to come from people wanting to get event Pokémon. I don't know the complications of DS-->3DS communication but I don't really see a Pokemon Ranger for it, though I'd enjoy it if there was.

Pokemon TCG 3(ds)!

Ok, the odds are pitiful, but would be fun.

A new TCG game would provide some interesting cross-promotion opportunities, given the augmented reality cards the 3DS will be able to use. There could be new expansions of the TCG produced that would double as 3DS AR cards and enhance gameplay.

Guardian Signs doesn't seem nearly as popular as Shadows of Almia did, and a lot of Ranger sales seem to come from people wanting to get event Pokémon. I don't know the complications of DS-->3DS communication but I don't really see a Pokemon Ranger for it, though I'd enjoy it if there was.

Keep in mind though that Nintendo made Ranger for the DS, and it transfered pokes to the future gen IV games. It won't be the first game on the 3ds, maybe around gen VI expect it.

PMD might be used as a way to tease new Pokemon, like XD for the gamecube or PMD Red/Blue.

A new TCG game would provide some interesting cross-promotion opportunities, given the augmented reality cards the 3DS will be able to use. There could be new expansions of the TCG produced that would double as 3DS AR cards and enhance gameplay.
Well, once the 3DS is released in Japan, we can take a closer look at these AR cards and what makes them AR. At the very least, they could make a new rarity or promo cards that have AR minigames.

The 3DS game could also be our "Grey" version.

The 3DS game could also be our "Grey" version.

That's a good point... although, looking back at both the Japanese and English releases between the paired games and third versions of Gen III and Gen IV, there was at least a two-year gap. I think it might be a little too early to be hearing anything about a 3rd version at the moment.

I really hope it's not the third version. I wouldn't want to be "forced" to get the 3DS. Better if it's a spinoff of some sort.

Hoping the Wii game is a Stadium reincarnation (but better than the shameful PBR), or a sequel to Colosseum/XD. Best case scenario: a fresh new RPG that brings something new to the table entirely.

I'd really appreciate another Colloseum/XD type game for the Wii. My concern with it however is that if that is the case for the new Wii game, they better make it like Battle Revolution in the sense that you can have four save files (due to the Wii not having a memory card). If it's like the main series game where each cartridge has only one save file, then my brother and I will definitely be going neck-to-neck on who gets to play first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom