• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

3DS, Wii Pokémon games in development: Release date, boxart for Typing DS also announ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokémon 3DS: '3D viewing will be one of the attractions' - Iwata

Since Bulbanews hasn't caught up yet, I'll post this here.

Official Nintendo Magazine.UK said:
Wednesday 2-Feb-2011 10:41 AM

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata believes that Pokémon fans will look forward to viewing their Pokémon in 3D when the new Pokémon game is released for the new handheld console.

Iwata revealed that a new Pokémon game is coming to 3DS last week and while he hasn't given much away about the new game, he did say that there will be features that work well in 3D and others that will be fine in 2D.

“Naturally, we expect 3D viewing to become one of the attractions when the new Pokémon title is released on Nintendo 3DS, but a number of other attractions, which do not depend upon the 3D aspect, shall also be realised. I have no hesitation about the prospect that a Pokémon-franchise title will be released for Nintendo 3DS.”
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=23407

Re: 3DS, Wii Pokémon games in development: Release date, boxart for Typing DS also an

"viewing their Pokémon" is an interesting word choice. The only explanation for that is being a main series style game.

So our options are 1:grey version or other main game (remakes?) 2:main series compatible spin off (ala Colo or XD) or 3:utility/stadium

Re: 3DS, Wii Pokémon games in development: Release date, boxart for Typing DS also an

"viewing their Pokémon" is an interesting word choice. The only explanation for that is being a main series style game.

So our options are 1:grey version or other main game (remakes?) 2:main series compatible spin off (ala Colo or XD) or 3:utility/stadium

Or a Pokemon Nintendogs >_>

Dash was compatible with the GBA versions for the purpose of using Pokémon sprites for courses. Something similar could easily be the case here.

While a second Pinball Game is a nice thought, Gen III is the only odd-numbered generation to release one so far. Don't bother jumping to conclusions just yet.
What? First gen introduced a Pokemon Pinball too!
Pok%C3%A9mon_Pinball_Coverart.png

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/43042/Wii-Pokmon-RPG-ruled-out

I think they're talking about how the main handheld games won't end up being on the Wii... which is to be expected anyways. This probably just proves that whoever's making the Wii game now, it's probably not Game Freak. It's usually other companies that make the Pokemon Wii games thus far.

They specifically claim "core" Pokemon RPGs won't be developed for the Wii - doesn't exactly rule out XD-esque games.

Either way, though, things aren't really looking good, whatwith a lack of any details concerning a Wii Pokemon game in CoroCoro and the original rumor becoming less and less likely.

I wouldn't mind some sort of shoot-off game, ultimately. As long as it's not something trivial, whatever is pretty cool with me.

doesn't exactly rule out XD-esque games.

That's what I'm thinking. The original article that started this thread really only mentioned Nintendo and The Pokemon Company, but not Game Freak. I remember an article similar to the one I just posted, and it was from last year or 2009 I believe... and it was basically saying the same thing, Game Freak claiming that they didn't plan on making any Pokemon games for the Wii, and that they planned on sticking to making the main handheld series.

Either way, according to the original article of this thread, the fact still remains that Pokemon games for the Wii and 3DS are being developed. It's just a matter of when more info will surface, and what they'll be.

Either way, though, things aren't really looking good, whatwith a lack of any details concerning a Wii Pokemon game in CoroCoro and the original rumor becoming less and less likely.
If the game is supposed to be released in September, we shouldn't know anything about it until April at the earliest, based on the example of the past five years (only Black and White were covered in April, and just barely). Even the Typing DS game isn't being covered anywhere yet, probably because it only warrants one month of hype.

As for the rumor, we don't know anything that affects its plausibility one way or the other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom