• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh 3rd Version/Sequels?

Would You Like Some?

• YAY! (I love the new stuff!)

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • NAY! (That's what DLC is for!)

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • We might not get any like with Gen 6...

Votes: 23 35.4%

• Total voters
The Direct would most likely be about the soon-to-be-launched Home app that we know nothing about, no?

Most likely that and Sleep as well as detective Pikachu 2.

And mabey just mabey some sort of announcement for something coming later this year. But i give that a 5% chance

Its way to soon to announce a sequel / version 2

Yeah. I doubt the direct will give us a new mainline announcement.

I'm only expecting Home news, but I'd love to see some post-launch support/patches for Sword/Shield announced here. If this is gonna be a gap year at least drop some more content on us

The thing is though, they hardly ever call for a Direct without revealing a new main series game, or some major news for an upcoming main series game. 4 of 6 Pokemon Directs revealed a major new game. The other 2 were major news updates for upcoming main series games. I can't see them calling for a Direct just for Pokemon Home, Pokemon Sleep, or Detective Pikachu 2.

Discovered something interesting
IMG_20200107_132625.png

The german page for the pokemon direct mentioned new info on sword and shield strange

The thing is though, they hardly ever call for a Direct without revealing a new main series game, or some major news for an upcoming main series game. 4 of 6 Pokemon Directs revealed a major new game. The other 2 were major news updates for upcoming main series games. I can't see them calling for a Direct just for Pokemon Home, Pokemon Sleep, or Detective Pikachu 2.

There was one in September 2013 that was mostly about Pokémon Bank

While it did have some news about X & Y (the Kanto Starter Megas), those games had already been announced in a prior Direct and by September were only a month away from release. The focus of the presentation was on Bank and the series’s rocky history with transfer compatibility.

There could be some SwoShi news, but if it's anything like the Bank Direct, then for all we know it could just be like, Gigantamax Toxtricity and the first Mythical Pokémon for these games (we still don't know anything about this year's anime film, after all).

Last edited:
I’m expecting information on Pokémon Home, Pokemon Sleep and maybe a possible event for either Gigantamax Melmetal or Toxtricity. If they’re feeling generous then the next mythical too.
I think it’s likely to be G-Max Melmetal as a reward of some sort in Pokemon Home.

The sequel would be nice instead of making an another remake. Game Freak should not remade every old Pokémon game, though.

Honestly, I'm really worried about Pokemon Home and its potential to take advantage of people attached to their Pokemon. With the transfer being one way and all Pokemon being transferable, it is likely that some people will trap their Pokemon in the service for an extended period of time if they aren't in the target games.

This could result in people being forced to pay subscriptions for extended periods or buying a game that they never planned on getting in order to avoid those fees.

All things considered; it's still too early for sequel/remake reveals.

May/June is usually the time for that.

I don't know why but I've felt since the titles Sword and Shield were first announced that there would be a third version. In my head I've been calling it Armour.

I have no evidence or real reasoning...just a feeling! :p

Damn, I was close!

In no way does the complete SwSh experience look to be worth a total of $90. I have no doubt that they could have included all the old Pokemon in the base game (250+ of which will still be missing), and the new locations are... standard post-game stuff? At least for the DS games. The new battle facility is apparently just story-related for a legendary that looks pretty... normal? I have nothing positive to say about the new designs, except for Galarian Moltres whose existence will need to be justified in lore. Did they replace Regigigas with two bizarre objects?

I wish I could say that this is progress from USUM, but it isn't quite that simple due to Dexit and the fact that $90 is still more than two 3DS games that had more Pokemon. The main upside is that now people will stop talking about more Galar games. Good on Game Freak for not requiring the DLC for the old Pokemon transfers/trades, I guess.

Last edited:
Well...

Well.

Well!

Looks like we're not getting anything in favor of DLC after all...:eek:

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom