• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh 3rd Version/Sequels?

Would You Like Some?

• YAY! (I love the new stuff!)

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • NAY! (That's what DLC is for!)

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • We might not get any like with Gen 6...

Votes: 23 35.4%

• Total voters
Well, the 3rd version could just add legendaries. Meltan and Melmetal have proven that GF can just add Pokemon whenever it suits them.

But I, having declined to buy these games, hope there isn't a sequel- only because they should spend more time getting things right and I am not convinced they can basically remake the entire game in such a short turnaround.

And by that I mean the graphics, animations, models etc. - whatever they promised this time but didn't actually deliver.

They would have to be pretty desperate to do it. Eternatus already has as big a role as one would expect a version mascot to get, any additional form for it would be an afterthought, brand new legendaries would be shoehorned into the lore (at least mythicals mainly exist for the movies), and there is simply no sequel hook. In terms of gameplay, TRs replace Move Tutors and Game Freak has expressed no interest in the National Pokedex or Battle Frontier.

This is not a good starting point for a $60 game.

Last edited:
A Ultra Beast invasion on Galar?

I like this idea actually. I loved Ultra Beast.

Eternatus' existence and development is not really a good reason for not having third versions imo. They could always add an altogether new element or develop it even further

Hm. Well, I don't think they'd make "Bow," or "gun." I'll hope for "laser?" But it'll probably be Ultra Sword, or Shield 2, or something. I'd bet we get a remake before that, though.

I agree with the points that Eternatus having a huge role in the story makes an enhanced version a lot less likely, especially given that its alternate form is featured for a post-game episode.

No. After seeing the Dex, I'll skip this generation entirely and not even a third improved version would change my mind. I'll spend my money somewhere else.

I am very salty that the fey and magical opportunities were unused in favor of "FEKIN SPORTS YEH". ...I expect that sort of thing from an American Region.

Thankfully, Unova was ahead of its time in terms of American culture, giving a theme based around royalty, dragons, and (Poke) political ideology. Like they knew winter was coming...

In terms of a 3rd version.... no. Absolutely no, not with everything I've been seeing on reviews, game issues, the Pokemon modeling, etc. People expecting for an "enhanced Galar experience" are the same ones who wanted Pokemon Z, and look how that turned out.

I don't know nor pretend to what's in store for the future. But right now, I don't believe Pokemon is a game franchise which takes itself seriously anymore. There is nothing wrong with that sometimes, either. So long as you make up for it in other areas. But I'm already passing just due to some reviewers expressing that the games are the easiest to date. I should expect 3rd versions to be hardcore on difficulty, animations, plot, and having more in the dex?

No. Go back to the drawing board and reboot. Hard reboot if necessary. Or hand it over to the Zelda developers. I could care less anymore about the dex size because now a lot of other issues are damn near eclipsing it.

I am very salty that the fey and magical opportunities were unused in favor of "FEKIN SPORTS YEH". ...I expect that sort of thing from an American Region.

Now that you mentioned it, it's probably because the Olympics are being held in Japan next year. And in light of that, I really don't feel like a huge game would be coming next year if they insist on releasing new games every year. An update of an existing game seems more likely.

A Ultra Beast invasion on Galar?
Legendaries from gen 3, 4 ,5, 6 and 7 colide because of Giratina and Hoopa too?
Imagine Mega Ryquaza, Ultra Necrozma(new way to transform from base from into Ultra directly),
Arceus(could get a new Mega (Titan(for dragons)-Godsend for Arceus) forms),
Zygarde
and Eternatus battling for the tittle the strongest pokemon? (anime event)
We don't need a rehash of a bad Pokemon movie.

That or they do a gen 4 remake and either do 3games(Giga-Sword and Giga-shield) to repair mistakes, dissapointments and please all fans better,
or move to gen 9 like cowards admitting their failures with it?
If they feel that they've made mistakes, then free or reasonably priced DLC is the way to make things right. Coming up with gimmicks to justify a $60 price tag would be rather insulting at this point, and I am not sure why anyone would be fine with it (which is not to say that many fans wouldn't shrug it off).

Now that you mentioned it, it's probably because the Olympics are being held in Japan next year. And in light of that, I really don't feel like a huge game would be coming next year if they insist on releasing new games every year. An update of an existing game seems more likely.
I think that if they were going to do that then they would have based the region off a part of Japan, because Tokyo is hosting the next Olympics.

I think that if they were going to do that then they would have based the region off a part of Japan, because Tokyo is hosting the next Olympics.

Going by your logic, why would they feature another part of Japan if Tokyo is the host city.

If they feel that they've made mistakes, then free or reasonably priced DLC is the way to make things right.

It's a Japanese company. They would never admit that they are wrong.

To restore goodwill, they NEED to do some free DLC. Which would contain the data for the missing Pokemon and moves. That'll probably be necessary anyway if they remake Diamond and Pearl, because otherwise they won't be compatible.

To restore goodwill, they NEED to do some free DLC. Which would contain the data for the missing Pokemon and moves. That'll probably be necessary anyway if they remake Diamond and Pearl, because otherwise they won't be compatible.

Free? I don't expect it since they made poeple pay for trading, something that has been the core and principle since the games' origin.

Free? I don't expect it since they made poeple pay for trading, something that has been the core and principle since the games' origin.
It wasn't their choice. Paid online is a part of all first party nintendo games. I don't see why Pokemon would be given an exception.

Honestly. I think there wont be a third version.

SWSH Spoilers:
The third legendary, Eternatus, already plays a prominent role in the story. The base games usually just have the third legendary just "there" as an optional battle. Suicune, Rayquaza, Giratina, Kyurem, Zygarde, and Necrozma all sorta follow the same rule. So this time, I dont think a third game is in the books.

Now, coupled with the Masuda comment of there being no new Lets Go in development, I think this is what gen 8 looks like:

2019 - Sword/Shield
2020 - Gen 4 Remake

and that's it, basically. 9th gen for 2022.

SWSH Spoilers:
The third legendary, Eternatus, already plays a prominent role in the story. The base games usually just have the third legendary just "there" as an optional battle. Suicune, Rayquaza, Giratina, Kyurem, Zygarde, and Necrozma all sorta follow the same rule. So this time, I dont think a third game is in the books.

Now, coupled with the Masuda comment of there being no new Lets Go in development, I think this is what gen 8 looks like:

2019 - Sword/Shield
2020 - Gen 4 Remake

That's what I predict how Gen 8 will go as well.

SWSH Spoilers:

2019 - Sword/Shield
2020 - Gen 4 Remake

That's a moot point considering that they can now add Pokemon in a middle of a gen.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom