• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh 3rd Version/Sequels?

Would You Like Some?

• YAY! (I love the new stuff!)

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • NAY! (That's what DLC is for!)

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • We might not get any like with Gen 6...

Votes: 23 35.4%

• Total voters
I think this will be the first time we'll see DLC in a main series game. As mentioned in posts above, a third version would be desperate and forced this time around as the game's content and story is relatively in line with previous third versions.

USUM received some backlash upon announcement which I think told GF that there's no real need for re-releases like this in the present.

Last edited:
I honestly do not see what people are saying about it being rushed, bare bones, or anything like that. The pokemon are very animated, the areas have lovely details (with the wild area being less so, but it was the first open-world pokemon thing gamefreak tried. They can have a bronze star from me), and the only issue I've seen is that Theivul's collision box is probably bigger than it should be when running around the campsite. It feels like they were expecting Gamefreak to create Witcher 3 world level details. It's gamefreak, I'm impressed they did THIS well.

Honestly with the comments made and Reddit in general, I was expecting to start playing and feel like I was playing someone's cheaply thrown together browser game.

I am very salty that the fey and magical opportunities were unused in favor of "FEKIN SPORTS YEH". ...I expect that sort of thing from an American Region.

You've taken the words right out of my mouth and I was born and raised in America.

I mean, Pokémon battles as entertainment in stadiums is nothing new - we had the Pokemon Stadium series, tournaments in the anime, etc. - but this is different, it's just so over-the-top. And while the Gym Leaders are still a surprisingly diverse bunch that often goes against the stereotypes (I'm looking at you, Allister & Opal), I think the whole thing does make Galar feel like a region run by and for showboater, anti-intellectual jock types.

Which is all the more jarring when you remember that the actual UK is nothing like that. I'm still very surprised and somewhat disappointed that there isn't really any reference to stuff like Shakespeare, or a Gym Leader with a novelist background (aka Shauntal 2.0), or any of that stuff.

I remember saying the reddit leaker said that this game unlikely to receive a sequel, and after playing it, I can see why. For starters, Eternatus, the 3rd Legendary, is part of storyline. If there was a 3rd version, it would have been reserved for a secret boss. Also TRs are essentially move tutors, which are reserved for the second game.

At this rate expecting a Diamond and Pearl remake, then Gen 9. And knowing GF, Gen 9 is already in development.

I think the whole thing does make Galar feel like a region run by and for showboater, anti-intellectual jock types.

I mean... I think that says more about your presumptions than anything else. I would typify literally none of the people that I know personally who are into sports as "anti-intellectual jocks" who are just being sold schlock.

"Run by capitalists trying to commodify and profit off of something culturally significant," sure, but "sports theme with big crowds and events = this feels like it's for dumb jocks" is a hell of an inference.

If they do 3rd versions or DLC, I want longer skirts, better hair options, more top styles, decent shoes, short sleeved dresses and trench coats.
Even just remastered clothes and haircuts from the 3DS games would be a huge improvement.

I hope they create then starters items like the wolves to boost stats and change type. Electric boots for Cinderace, rock drum for Rillaboom and toxic gloves for Inteleon... They could add Toxcricity, Centiskorch and Copperjah new signature moves during Raids. Toxic Raid, Scorching scales and Bell trunk sound moves.
Create Frostmoth, Polteageist , Dragopult and some gen 2,3,4,6 G-forms

I mean... I think that says more about your presumptions than anything else. I would typify literally none of the people that I know personally who are into sports as "anti-intellectual jocks" who are just being sold schlock.

"Run by capitalists trying to commodify and profit off of something culturally significant," sure, but "sports theme with big crowds and events = this feels like it's for dumb jocks" is a hell of an inference.

I understand what you're saying. And in no way am I trying to imply that everybody who plays sports or who is a sports fan is a dumb jock or anything like that.

And yes, I think you're right to a large extent - I think growing up in a country where the sports culture really seems to cultivate and cater to human Cinderaces, Passimians & Charizards has definitely colored my judgement over the years.

But anyway, I feel like I've bitched about this enough. Shutting up now...

Special DLC raid boss events I can definitely see happening in the future, and as someone said they could add new Pokemon into the Gen this way without fuss and no longer worrying about datamines. They could even add in regional touchups on a few cut Pokemon if they choose to.

Regardless of what I think about SwSh, GF should at least support this gen and hopefully fix the technical issues as time goes on. Pokemon is now going through the same issues mainstream gaming itself has presented, and so should adapt accordingly.

Free DLC, while wishful thinking, really could enhance this gen (maybe offset alot of negativity in the process) and prolong it enough till gen 9.

DLC can actually be useful in allowing Game Freak more time to develop the Gen 9 games, this kind of thing worked for Splatoon as well. It will be even easier in the modeling department since Gane Freak doesn't need to make new models for older Pokemon. I can even see a new held item that would allow Necrozma to use Ultra Burst, unless they plan to either bring Z-Moves back (highly doubt it) or remove Necrozma's Z-Move, effectively making the Ultranecrozium Z act just like a Mega Stone (more likely).

I can even see a new held item that would allow Necrozma to use Ultra Burst, unless they plan to either bring Z-Moves back (highly doubt it) or remove Necrozma's Z-Move, effectively making the Ultranecrozium Z act just like a Mega Stone (more likely).
Maybe they could convert Ultra Necrozma to some special Gigantamax form?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom