• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh 3rd Version/Sequels?

Would You Like Some?

• YAY! (I love the new stuff!)

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • NAY! (That's what DLC is for!)

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • We might not get any like with Gen 6...

Votes: 23 35.4%

• Total voters
The first reports on "Pokemon Stars" were posted on the day of SM's release. I want to be ready if any rumors about future games in the 8th generation get posted.
tbh im pretty sure Pokemon Stars was the working title of Pokemon Masters, as the "Masters" in the game are popular, both in universe and outside of it, hence Stars

The rumor was proven false by the existence of USUM, and buried to the ground with LGPE (since it mentioned that Gen VIII was coming immediately after).
who knows, maybe it miiight happen if sw/sh sales end up being good, hell mayyybe we could get some ports of gen VI and beyond sometime.

EDIT: WRONG BUTTON

who knows, maybe it miiight happen if sw/sh sales end up being good, hell mayyybe we could get some ports of gen VI and beyond sometime.

EDIT: WRONG BUTTON
Dude, the rumor is from around the time SM released. It also included details on the then-unreleased Switch that were plain wrong.

Hopefully not (I don't like lazy retcons as such) but I do feel like they would get you to do raids for it in the style of Pokemon Go...

I hope they maybe pack those signature Z-stones and it gets direct transformation. Bring back megas and add some G-formes, new moves(via those raids), new forms, better abilities for starters and legends. They dont need all pokemon but add basics.
They could use time for textures.

I'm going with the idea of them pulling a Ultra Sun/Moon with Sword & Shield.

Why is this? Because Ultra Sun/Moon weren't actually third versions, but rather remixed/improved versions of their originals and it was a pair. If it was a third version situation, we would have gotten a Stars/Eclipse/whatever for Sun and Moon, with both legends captureable in one game. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon still had their legends as exclusive mons, hence paired versions.

Seeing as Sword and Shield, as per by player notice, seem to have its own issues (not by my word), this could be rectified with remixes of Sword/Shield.

They could be called "Pokémon Dynamax Sword" & "Pokémon Dynamax Shield". Super/Giga could also work.

Improvements could be done in the following ways:
  1. Expanding the dex. Supported by datamining having uncovered data for 35 extra mons, although these could be used for Max Raids down the road as well.
  2. Improving parts of the story, or just outright changing them, like how USUM did.
  3. Expanding the postgame somewhat. Maybe....a second region? Just throwing it out there.
  4. Adding brand new mons, like USUM did as well.
  5. Working out potential bugs (if there's really any)
  6. Making Hop shut up more in the game.
Granted, Sword and Shield are more in line with Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon in regards to focusing on the third legend more than the cover legends. Sword and Shield have their cover legends instead as part of a postgame.

Last edited:
I don't see any improved version of Sword and Shield being a thing, at least not as the next games.

That is what people said with Sun and Moon. Many, including myself, championed the Third Version route with Eclipse/Stars, and what does GF do, and which none of us guessed? Gift us with remixes/improved versions of Sun and Moon a year after the originals' release.

Granted, I can see DLC being a thing. Question is....is GF that type of developer to embrace such a method?

That is what people said with Sun and Moon. Many, including myself, championed the Third Version route with Eclipse/Stars, and what does GF do, and which none of us guessed? Gift us with remixes/improved versions of Sun and Moon a year after the originals' release.
Except that this time, the third legendary did get something along with the mascots. That's the difference, and no, Solgaleo and Lunala's phases don't count as form changes.

However, they could always add a new Legendary to focus on.
Except that would feel forced, adding a new legendary to be focused in the story would butcher the lore really badly. It's why only Mythical Pokemon and minor Ultra Beasts were added mid-gen.

Except that would feel forced, adding a new legendary to be focused in the story would butcher the lore really badly. It's why only Mythical Pokemon and minor Ultra Beasts were added mid-gen.
It's something I can see them doing. They've done many things that we would have never expected them to do recently.

It's something I can see them doing. They've done many things that we would have never expected them to do recently.
Except that this is one of the things will never do since they just don't plan on a major rewrite of the of the original story.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom