• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh 3rd Version/Sequels?

Would You Like Some?

• YAY! (I love the new stuff!)

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • NAY! (That's what DLC is for!)

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • We might not get any like with Gen 6...

Votes: 23 35.4%

• Total voters
Many, including myself, championed the Third Version route with Eclipse/Stars, and what does GF do, and which none of us guessed? Gift us with remixes/improved versions of Sun and Moon a year after the originals' release.
The line between ""remixed version"" and third version is quite blurry imo: since third versions are the remixes of the story anyway. USUM were just a third version divided into two.

If they did another version of these games, I would sure hope they would be sequels. Not just because a sequel would be cooler than a third version, but these games set themselves up very well to have sequels. Several of the characters really develope in the games, and I could easily see them taking part in a new way in the sequels

• Sonia becomes the region's Professor, and has uncovered more about dynamizing and the legends of Galar, opening up for expansion to that
  • Hop decides to train to become a Pokemon Professor himself, and become's Sonia's assistant
  • Bede and Marnie are gym leaders of the Fairy gym and Dark type gym respectively

These are just a few things, but coupled with an advance in the story, there would be about as much change from BW to BW2. They could even pull a BW2 and have the starting town be on an island off the coast of Galar. Not only that, but they could use the major and minor league idea too, and switch out some of the gym leaders and types for some other gym leaders with different types (probably keep the Fairy and Dark gyms with Bede and Marnie though, since they were already basically set up with Sword and Shield).

Besides this, I'm not sure how ell these games set themselves up for advanced versions, so this is more of an idea on if they made another game based in Galar, they would work well as sequels.

Last edited:
They gave us the sequels names Crowned Shield and Crowned Sword like the forms of the Legendary Wolfs...

Hmmm Crowned?

what if they want to realese more new forms, abilities and moves in those games?
they could make Gigantamax allow to get new signature moves...
make corrections with move and ability relations and make D/G-max adjustments...

Cramorant could/should get more moves and "Gulp/Gorgel forms" or pokemon to send out when using them

and make them activate even when itself is using or it gets hit by them send from the oponent :

Sludge Wave (quilwish with poison point, only with contact with this move),
Muddy Water (Barboach with mud sport always when using it),

Water Fall ( Frilish with Cursed Body),
Surf (pikachu with static and arrakuda),
Dive (only when it self uses it in battle and make that )
Whirlpool (Carvanah with Rough skin for extra damage, when oponent uses then every turn charges up)

Water Spout, ( Masquerain with Intimidate or Politoed with Drizzle , makes sense when using it or getting hit by it)

they can say that research showed that they are able to do it...

Morpeko would deserve a Haunted form with electric/ghost typing when it's hp is below 50% as part of Hanger mode,
or could be called Haunted mode.

Frostmoth(freezing oponent?), Dragopult (Dragon Dart Storm??? multihit move?) and Polteagheist(Horror Tea Party with changing effects of berries and damage) G-max forms?

Stonejourner needs a better abilities.
Would be cool if would get the oposite of Ice Face in sandstorm, substitute that would take on special attacks and break to physical hits only. also would be cool if it could change apperance... why did Pallosand not get something like this?

Dracloak should get Parental Bound Instead of Infitrator to make it stand out of the 3 stage line. Would make sense taking its preevolution is on it's head. Dreepy would deserve Levitate as the smalest one instead of Clear Body.

I think they really rushed abilities, moves and movesets this generation for the new pokemon because of the large amount of animations for
Max moves, Dynamax and G-max... Hope they make that in tact again later on.

Hmmm realy felt that some more Galars should get Gigantamax... taking the amount of pokemon...
how many in the current Galar Dex can Mega evolve?

I feel Gigantamax needs to meet Megaevolution in battle against each other.
Would be a even to see a Mega Charizard or both taking on a Gigantamax Charizard, everyone would want to see that in games and anime.

They could make that the energies don't sink with each other and that you can either D-max or mega evolve but not with the same pokemon and not during one battle because both take a lot of trainers and pokemon energy after Eternatus was jailed again...
( Y-ring +Y-ball(wishing star second piece) for the users pokemon the D/G-maxing )

I feel they have something big in store and treated this as a test run for us, also to know our opinions about the "cuts", moves and other stuff...

Could they re-type a move in a current generation like Jaw Lock into rock or water if they wanted?
Like in Gen 4 remakes and then implement it in the sequel of Galar?

Hope only they create something to Dynamax and Gigantamax a wild pokemon that was normally caugh, not all only those who have the natural potential for it to do it.
And maybe a new item to Dynamax and Gigantamax anywhere you would want for the pokemon to hold?
would take item slot , a raid battle pokemon with G-max would have advantage that it doesn't need a item to do it and could use a extra one...

For sure people expect a better ability for Eternatus.

I hope they bring back those cut moves, make Heal Order nerf to 33% hp and give Vespiqueen Quenly majesty or a mega form
(maybe in gen 4 remakes, lets hope there at least because the nerf to Heal Order was realy weird...)

they probably need to think how to modify Pursuit and Stakeout...
Pursuit would hit teleport users... should a Pokemon with Run Away get hit by Pursuit when switching?
they probably noticed it too...

If they make a Johto remake Kanto will be in it...

I hope that they create armors for starters that grant them stats rise and type change like the wolfs...
grass/steel(from the wolfs piece of armor), fire/electric(boosts made of fangs from toxcricity), water/poison(scale of eternatus)

would be cool to have somethig against megas and Dynamax mon other then the same...

The wolfes may get new forms a double sword from both sides for Zacian and Zamazanta a bigger open shield? their abilities also could change into better ones...

Last edited:
It won't be another remake obviously. It's more of like an upgraded version of LGPE that would make it more like the mainline games if anything. I can actually see them including a new stadium where Dynamax is enabled, particularly since so many Kanto mons got gigantamax forms.

An upgraded version of LGPE or SwSh is clearly easier to make than DP remakes since they would already have most of the codes down for LGPE/SwSh... For DP remakes, they'd have to do it from scratch. If it's coming up next year, it would have been in the works for a while now.

My prediction
2020: LGPE Gigantamaxed or Gigantamaxed SwSh or nothing
2021: Gigantamaxed SwSh or DP Remakes
2022: DP Remakes
I highly doubt that they would make another Kanto remake so soon after LGPE.

• Sonia becomes the region's Professor, and has uncovered more about dynamizing and the legends of Galar, opening up for expansion to that
  • Hop decides to train to become a Pokemon Professor himself, and become's Sonia's assistant
  • Bede and Marnie are gym leaders of the Fairy gym and Dark type gym respectively
This would be a repeat of B2W2, not to mention that Sonia, Bede and Marnie already get to serve these roles in SwSh to some extent.

For some reason, I have a sneaking suspicion that not only will next year will be a break year, but that SwSh will be the only games of Gen 8 (with us getting Gen 9 in 2021).

For some reason, I have a sneaking suspicion that not only will next year will be a break year, but that SwSh will be the only games of Gen 8 (with us getting Gen 9 in 2021).

Yeah, their is literally no way Gen 8 only lasts 2 years. First off, that messes up the anime and the TCG. Secondly, it messes up the marketing cycle.

Yeah, their is literally no way Gen 8 only lasts 2 years. First off, that messes up the anime and the TCG. Secondly, it messes up the marketing cycle.
It's funny that you mentioned the anime, as that's actually what gave me my idea in the first place. Isn't it strange that the Anime staff has opted for an Anime including all of the regions instead of focusing solely on Galar? If SwSh happen to be the only Gen 8 games, then it could very well explain why Galar isn't taking the anime spotlight: there simply won't be enough time for a full SwSh anime!

The Switch has already blurred the lines of what defines a "generation". I mean people still can't decide if LGPE is Gen 7, "7.5", or 8. I PERSONALLY call it 8 for one reason: there is zero connectivity to other Gen 7 games, but it will have connectivity to SwSh, making it a pseudo-Gen 8 game in my opinion. That being said, what we view as Gen 8 won't last 2 years, in fact, I think Gen 8 has the potential to be the longest generation to-date, depending how far they want to take remakes, they could at the very least make Sinnoh and Johto and if they REALLY wanted to, they could do Unova as well, basically, just do all the games that were on the DS as remakes on the Switch. The Switch can easily remain the flagship console for the next decade which would further blur the lines of what defines a generation, because they can in theory patch in new Pokemon into all the old games on the Switch. My guess is a release schedule along these lines:

2020: No game
2021: Sinnoh remakes
2022: Let's Go Johto remakes
2023: No game
2024: Gen 9/New region OR Unova remakes

The Switch has already blurred the lines of what defines a "generation". I mean people still can't decide if LGPE is Gen 7, "7.5", or 8. I PERSONALLY call it 8 for one reason: there is zero connectivity to other Gen 7 games, but it will have connectivity to SwSh, making it a pseudo-Gen 8 game in my opinion. That being said, what we view as Gen 8 won't last 2 years, in fact, I think Gen 8 has the potential to be the longest generation to-date, depending how far they want to take remakes, they could at the very least make Sinnoh and Johto and if they REALLY wanted to, they could do Unova as well, basically, just do all the games that were on the DS as remakes on the Switch. The Switch can easily remain the flagship console for the next decade which would further blur the lines of what defines a generation, because they can in theory patch in new Pokemon into all the old games on the Switch. My guess is a release schedule along these lines:

2020: No game
2021: Sinnoh remakes
2022: Let's Go Johto remakes
2023: No game
2024: Gen 9/New region OR Unova remakes
I don't think that they would wait that long for the next generation. I think that the Gen 9 games will come out in 2022.

It's possible. With the anime's current format, it could realistically end whenever it wants to since as far as we know, there isn't really a strict narrative it has to follow. A lot of SwSh seems designed to be the only game of the generation (bar remakes too) so idk, I could totally see gen 9 coming earlier than expected

I don't think that they would wait that long for the next generation. I think that the Gen 9 games will come out in 2022.

Gen 3 was 4 years, but that being said, if you really have a problem with a 5 year generation, cut out one of the "no game" break years. I'm sure if they really had to they could make four games straight for the Switch without a break.

It's possible. With the anime's current format, it could realistically end whenever it wants to since as far as we know, there isn't really a strict narrative it has to follow. A lot of SwSh seems designed to be the only game of the generation (bar remakes too) so idk, I could totally see gen 9 coming earlier than expected

I agree with your comments about SwSh's design. It makes me hope that they don't go for the blatant money-grab of "here's Pokemon Giga Sword and Giga Shield!". The only games we need in Gen 8 is remakes, and they could make three if they really wanted to. Make Sinnoh, Let's Go Johto, and Unova remakes in that order and you've now put all but 3 regions (Hoenn, Kalos, Alola) on the Switch in the span of 5 game releases.

Last edited:
Make Sinnoh, Let's Go Johto, and Unova remakes in that order and you've now put all but 3 regions (Hoenn, Kalos, Alola) on the Switch in the span of 5 game releases.
Didn’t Game Freak say recently in an interview that they don’t have any plans for a Let’s Go Johto game right now?

Didn’t Game Freak say recently in an interview that they don’t have any plans for a Let’s Go Johto game right now?

They did, but even if they did have plans, they wouldn't blurt that fact out in an interview until they were ready to start promoting them. It's best to just take it as a "no comment."

As a side-note, I really don't think they need to contort themselves to fit as many regions as possible onto a single console. Just make good games.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom