• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4 New Missingno. hidden in plain sight in the 2004 GCCX interview!

QBERTP

Reaction score
In 2004, Game Center CX interviewed Pokémon creator Satoshi Tajiri for one of their episodes. While discussing Pokémon development, Tajiri hands Arino a mysterious booklet titled “PM (Pocket Monsters) Kaiju Zukan” (怪獣図鑑, Kaiju Illustrated Catalogue), which looks like an official index of Pocket Monsters. (図鑑 zukan is, in fact, the same word used for the Pokédex).By analyzing the footage of this interview, we were able to determine that at least four individual scrapped Pokémon (now the infamous Missingno.) has been hiding within this footage, right in plain sight, for 14 years!

tumblr_inline_pd6i8pAEU51t6hu7h_1280.png

tumblr_inline_pd3xphFWzG1t6hu7h_1280.png

tumblr_inline_pd3xq2vRNM1t6hu7h_500.png

Missingno. 159 and 160 are the real treat, they're in fact... Kotora and Raitora, damn GameFreak... why twice?
tumblr_inline_pd3xyjSFSz1t6hu7h_1280.png

And these are the other two hidden missingo. visible in the footage. in a restored framing.

tumblr_inline_pd4ssrVmDa1t6hu7h_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_pd4spbrVSX1t6hu7h_1280.jpg

You can read the whole article on the new Helixchamber site https://helixchamber.com/2018/08/06/game-center-cx-and-you/ and watch the video update on youtube!
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq971cWWzq8&t=59s

What do you think? Do you know where to find a better quality source footage? We could give a face also to the first two :D enjoy! And be curious!

This pretty much confirms that the demo is real.

I wonder why the poor dudes got dumped, maybe they became Electrike & Manectric eventually or maybe they felt it would overshadow Pikachu as an electric cute mascot (they made electric rodents, but they are based on Pikachu).

I hope that we will have the full Gen I beta Pokedex complete one day, too...

Thanks for sharing this. It is quite informative. Based on the lack of clarity in the video, I will take this all with a grain of salt however. It is very cool to imagine what was/what could have been though.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom