• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4 new Pokemon games announced!!!!

MistyIRC said:
... Filb's a german site, I can't read their stuff, so they don't really mean much to me :p Mostly it was Serebii and BMG that got beaten.
As you can see, it's an english translation:
http://www.filb.de/?option=news&aktion=komm&ID=248 (second comment)
I don't think anyone got beaten
But I guess I should have linked to this earlier when I saw it this morning

Last edited:
MistyIRC said:
http://ds.ign.com/articles/640/640249p1.html

IGN kicked our asses on this one.

First up is Pokemon Ranger: The Road to Diamond and Pearl for the DS. This newest title is an action RPG set in the world of the upcoming Pokemon Ranger movie. You play as a Pokemon Ranger. Different from a Pokemon Trainer, a Ranger travels the lands, using Pokemon in a fight to defend nature from baddies. Pokemon Ranger is set for Japanese release in 2006. Its release will precede that of Diamond and Pearl with the games all linking up together for some top secret bonuses.

Interesting concept. >.> And it's an action RPG too. This should be worth seeing.

Uh, at what time did IGN get this up?

Checking the actual times of posting, taking in considerations the timezones each of the site was using for their posting system.

Bulbagarden : 09:03 AM UTC
Filb.de : 11:50 AM UTC +2 (assuming they are indeed in germany)
Serebii.net : 05:21 UTC -4

Those actually translates to, in Eastern Daylight Time :

Bulbagarden (BulbaNews) : 05:03 AM
Filb.de : 05:50 AM
Serebii.net : 05:21 AM

Last edited:
Sceptile726 said:
I blew up a part of one of those scans. It think it had to do with Pokemon Puzzle, but when I saw it, I was like what the...? Is it a new pokemon? I could be jumping the gun here, because I see no sign of Munchlax or any of its buddies, which would be more likely. It's pretty strange, though.

untitled.png

I think it's just the villian form the Puzzle Game's story mode that was taled about.

Damian Silverblade said:
Uh, at what time did IGN get this up?

Checking the actual times of posting, taking in considerations the timezones each of the site was using for their posting system.

Bulbagarden : 09:03 AM UTC
Filb.de : 11:50 AM UTC +2 (assuming they are indeed in germany)
Serebii.net : 05:21 UTC -4

Those actually translates to, in Eastern Daylight Time :

Bulbagarden (BulbaNews) : 05:03 AM
Filb.de : 05:50 AM
Serebii.net : 05:21 AM
Yes and about a half of an hour after the news post, Filb added the comment with the translation.

Oh and I wouldn't trust SPP. I have seen him adding a false time to his news posts before. Also, he just updates a html file while the other sites use scripts that add the current time of when the post is being submitted. Of course, that doesn't guarantee anything either, but still it's more likely that someone who has to type in the time himself would think "hmm why not just make this post seem like it has already been posted an hour ago?"

*shrugs*.

Either way, we were (as far as I can see) the first to get these news up, and if IGN beat us to it, then they didn't beat us by much.

Damian Silverblade said:
*shrugs*.

Either way, we were (as far as I can see) the first to get these news up, and if IGN beat us to it, then they didn't beat us by much.
Yes you were first. And I also said before that IGN didn't beat anybody.
MistyIRC said:
... I was more concerned about how IGN had a bunch of info that we didn't.

However, it suddenly occurred to me that IGN never mentioned Corocoro, so they may have their own sources that we don't have access to.
Oh I can't imagine. Sure, they have good sources and some that we don't have. But in this case I don't think they know more than we do. Perhaps they just have someone who translated all the coro coro stuff but that's all.

It's a series of dungeon hacks made by Chunsoft. I believe they integrated it with Namco's Druaga, Square's Chocobo and Enix's Torneko properties. Just hack away in dungeons, this time Pokemon themed. I've never played them myself, but that's what I've heard.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom