• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

400 Error on Bulbapedia

Soulweaver

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Lately, I have been getting a strange 400 error when I'm trying to edit any Bulbapedia page. The whole error reads as follows:

"400 Bad request
Your browser sent an invalid request."

Sometimes, instead of getting the error, the server just resets the connection (rough translation from the Firefox warning page).

Now, I haven't changed my browser configuration in any way, so the problem shouldn't be at this end of the tube. I can edit pages normally in Archives, and I believe I could in Bulbanews too, but there's not really any other pages I could test but my own user page or talk pages. The error, though, seems to state otherwise.

Also, I don't know if it is related, but there's something broken with the interwiki login too. I'm currently logged in in the Archives and Bulbapedia, but not in Bulbanews.

If the problem really is on my end, what I should do to fix it?

E: Happens with the "Preview" button too.

Last edited:
Yes, the interwiki login is broken, we're trying to fix that but there's been a bunch of stuff lately and the tech's been on vacation. He's back though, and he'll be getting on it soon.

I think that 400 error might have some connection to the 503's that keep popping up... it seems to throw a myriad of them at me sometimes when I hard-refresh.

Yes, the interwiki login is broken, we're trying to fix that but there's been a bunch of stuff lately and the tech's been on vacation. He's back though, and he'll be getting on it soon.
Ah, I see. That part is cleared now, then.

I think that 400 error might have some connection to the 503's that keep popping up... it seems to throw a myriad of them at me sometimes when I hard-refresh.
I don't really know... By doing some extra testing (with lots of pages from different namespaces and with varying name/text lengths), I found out that I'm getting the error now only when trying to edit a page with "long enough" name (don't know how long it needs to be, but for example "User talk:UltimateSephiroth" and "Team Magma's Baltoy (EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua 60)" reject the editing). Originally I experienced this problem with my evacuated glitches article, which has a long name too, so...

yester day the forums were down for hour!
:XD:
Thanks for telling that, just what I needed for fixing this. /s

You should've seen the issues we had when we kept getting 300 errors.

That said, the load the server's been under lately has been causing a lot of weird effects--as TTE mentioned, this is one of them. We're going to be doing a lot of load optimizing and such in the coming weeks to hopefully alleviate these problems.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom