• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S06 EP14: A Ruin with a View

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Japanese Episode 002: "Ancient Pokémon and the Mysterious Teams"
American Episode 002: "A Ruin with a View"

1128.jpg

Today, on Pokémon Advanced, Ash and May help out some guy with Brock's hair and Tracey's voice. And we also get a tour of a Pokemon Center after all these years.

Post your thoughts about the episode here. Also, please avoid posting spoilers for events that happen in future episodes since this isn't the Anime Spoilers forum.

Ted Lewis needs to learn to vary his voice, the Magma he voiced today was Kaiba in an ugly hat. Haruka is looking good, but Ash needs to get on the mentor ball a bit if he wants her to have success... I liked this episode, though I don't like Haruka's new voice... 3/5

Originally posted by Dogasu
Today, on Pokémon Advanced, Ash and May help out some guy with Brock's hair and Tracey's voice.

Um...he didn't seem to have Tracey's voice, he seemed to have Spencer's and Birch's voice. That is, Dan Green. They sound similar, but there's a distinct difference once you know what to listen for.

My favorite part of the episode? JJ&M wildly misinterpret yet another of the Boss' orders. By this point, the Boss must have either frayed nerves a mile long, or has taken to drinking heavily. Either that or he meditates by thinking about the massive insurance policy he has on them.

Speaking of him, that blue ring I pointed out from the HoSo special is seen here. It appears to be a Rocket signet ring, but we've seen him with a black signet ring before...why the color change? Did his old one get lost or something? Or is this the animators' way of making fun of the 'new outfit' theme with most of the characters?

And why is he wearing it on his left hand? Wasn't it on his right hand before? Or does he have two of them?

And why do I give more thought to this than the people responsible for it did?

Originally posted by Koryu
Ted Lewis needs to learn to vary his voice, the Magma he voiced today was Kaiba in an ugly hat. Haruka is looking good, but Ash needs to get on the mentor ball a bit if he wants her to have success... I liked this episode, though I don't like Haruka's new voice... 3/5

Ted Lewis doesn't voice Kaiba...

At least he's better than the likes of Kirby Morrow and the guy who voices the weiner from Eva.

Re: Re: "A Ruin with a View" Review Thread

Originally posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
Speaking of him, that blue ring I pointed out from the HoSo special is seen here. It appears to be a Rocket signet ring, but we've seen him with a black signet ring before...why the color change? Did his old one get lost or something? Or is this the animators' way of making fun of the 'new outfit' theme with most of the characters?

And why is he wearing it on his left hand? Wasn't it on his right hand before? Or does he have two of them?

Are you sure you're remembering correctly? As of Myuutsuu! Ware wa Koko ni Ari, it was blue and on his left hand.

At least he's better than the likes of Kirby Morrow and the guy who voices the weiner from Eva.
That would be Spike Spencer. ^^

And, yeah, this episode was OK, but dub-wise, it's worse the second time around. ^^; I don't particularly care for how May sounds, and I hope to see (or hear, however you want to put it) Veronica Taylor improve overtime.

Team Rocket, like usual, never fail to amuse me, and today is no exception!

Re: Re: "A Ruin with a View" Review Thread

My favorite part of the episode? JJ&M wildly misinterpret yet another of the Boss' orders. By this point, the Boss must have either frayed nerves a mile long, or has taken to drinking heavily. Either that or he meditates by thinking about the massive insurance policy he has on them.

*has a Meowth-esque fantasy of the Boss bedecked in silken robes and sandals, seated in the lotus position under a hazy cloud of incense smoke* I've never given the subject much thought before BJ, though I must say I'm inclined to agree with you on that. It does make one wonder, doesn't it though?

And... I didn't get see the episode :p (well, I did, but only the last five minutes of it). Circumstances beyond my control in this chaotic household prevented me from having the time, though I plan on catching it this coming Friday when they air the repeat.

Re: Re: Re: "A Ruin with a View" Review Thread

Originally posted by Murgatroyd
Are you sure you're remembering correctly? As of Myuutsuu! Ware wa Koko ni Ari, it was blue and on his left hand.

But in Battle for the Badge, it was black and on his right hand.

Re: Re: Re: Re: "A Ruin with a View" Review Thread

But in Battle for the Badge, it was black and on his right hand.
It does seem to have appeared somewhat darker. But it was still on his left hand.

Methinks the ring must have suffered the same fluctuating coloration flaw that the Boss' own hair did--arguably it *could* have been blue before but just appeared black, must like Ash's hair seems to have done (granted, his hair is dark dark blue now, but it's still blue and not jet black as most people seem to believe).

Must be lazy animators then, because when he picked up the phone with his right hand, the rings were there too.

Really? When did he do that? It looks to me like he picked it up with his left hand.

This episode was ok. I guess seeing it three times (once in japanese, twie in english) kind of made it less exciting. TR, of course, got all the best scenes and lines. Most of the other scenes I didn't find very interesting. Team Magma's first aperance did have a good amount of mystery to it though, and they look really cool. the animation is also still AWESOME!!!! rating: 2 stars.

The guy who plays the researcher is the guy who plays Joey on Yu-gi-oh and Harisson during the silver convention, at least it was him back during the sneak peak. Maybe they changed his actor, but I didn;t really notice any difference, he sounded the same to me.

This episode just seemed ok to me. I don't know....I guess I just liked last week's episode better for some reason. Anyway, in "A Ruin With A View" not much really happened. Although, I loved the tour of the Pokemon Center. That was cool! And seeing Team Magma for the first time was cool too! And I really loved the new music they played during the battle!! ^_^ Does anyone know what the name of that song was? It sounded like a remix from the games. Oh, and seeing that Relicanth was really cool! I think my favorite part from this episode was when Ash wanted to find out from those trainers in the Pokemon Center who the new Gym Leader was, but May was hungry so she pulled him away or something before he could find out. :-D That was funny! LOL!!! Oh, and I also liked the part when Ash and May were going through that vent to get out of that room in the Pokemon Center. That was cool! Also, Team Rocket was very funny as usual. And, that's pretty much everything. So, I'll give this episode an 8 out of 10.

Last edited:
That's not what scares me. After all, Persian could of accidentally scratched a finger or something and he wants to cover it up with a ring.... but it seems like the gemstone of his other ring changed from dull green (earlier) to bright red! Unless my memory is faulty....

I really like the from-Mewtwo-Returns-on way the animators draw Giovanni's hands. I dunno, it just makes 'em more attractive when they're well-drawn like that.

You know what is freaky? If Giovanni took off his rings, and accidentally spilt bleach on the bottom of his orange

*tacky orange, yet somehow cool on Giovanni *nods* that's how some villians are cool. They can change tacky to cool-looking, I guess he's one of the few people orange looks good on.... I think he might look better in dark green or blue.... enough about the color of
Giovanni's suit*

suit, or somehow made it white, I'd swear those were were Sam's hands! They're almost the same!

^^;;;

!!!!!
*gaki-ish revelation*

OMG, Professor Oak and Giovanni are related!!!!!!111111@@eleven

Hooray for

*struggles to think of Acronym for Professor Oak And Some Italian Woman Judging On Giovanni's Name... ahah! Posiw-Jogin! (the "gi" comes from Giovanni)*

Posiw-Jogin Shipping! *nod nod* Unless it already has a name, whenever we see a weird correlation between Gio and Sam or whatever, then we can go, "Yay! Posiw-Jogin Shipping hint!"

Or whatever..... :-D

Nope :-D It's a Jokeship, so maybe YouGottaBeKiddingshipping... but I think that's already taken.... so..... But their hands DO look alike! Take a look at Richie's debut episode when Professor Oak pushes the elevator button and see! :p

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom