• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movie 13 title revealed: Details still sparce, premiere in July

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Movie 13 title revealed: Details still sparce, premiere in July

Returning to Johto's legends as the games have, the thirteenth Pokémon movie has been revealed. Titled "Phantom Ruler Z", likely to change as July of 2010 draws nearer, the movie will focus on the legendary Time Travel Pokémon, Celebi.

Read more on Bulbanews

I like the title. 7 Months will feel like a year. This is stupid to ask, but should we expect to have this movie in English sooner again? Or was movie 12 special?

Considering how season 12 continued right where season 11 left off, and didn't stop for summer, it seems like the anime has come into constant production in the US as well. I'd bet on movie 13 being out here by next November.

Huh, Phantom Ruler Z. Interesting title for this new movie.

I lik the ttile, and its about time that the beasts star in the SAME MOVIE. Wonder if Ho-Oh will have a role, and Lugia to, since they announced them first....

ANyways, wonder why they chose that title.

Aw shit, Dark Ash! This is gonna be interesting.

Are we sure this isn't just a working title? It seems kind of lame...

I lik the ttile, and its about time that the beasts star in the SAME MOVIE. Wonder if Ho-Oh will have a role, and Lugia to, since they announced them first....

ANyways, wonder why they chose that title.

Considering that the teaser was pretty much just Ho-oh and Lugia going at each other, I'd say it's a good bet that they'll both show up at one point or another.

Are we sure this isn't just a working title? It seems kind of lame...

Considering that the teaser was pretty much just Ho-oh and Lugia going at each other, I'd say it's a good bet that they'll both show up at one point or another.
I just saw the trailer on YouTube and it looks like it's the official title for the Japanese version.

Phantom Ruler Z? Not really sure what thats refering to, or even talking about? It will be interesting to see the official English title. Not that the Japanese is bad, its just... odd.

Anyway, heres to hopeing for a Celebi event when it comes out!

Well, since this is still a DP movie, I guess that this will be the flick with Gen V in it.

Well, Regigagas was in the Movie 11 teaser, but it had a very minor role in the actual film, so I wouldn't get hopes up for Ho-Oh and Lugia having big roles since they didn't even show up in the trailer.

Another video said the title is "Illusion Master Z" but still lame names.

The title sounds lame in Japanese as well, there's really no way to translate it that DOESN'T sound lame.

But despite the title, what's known of the movie sounds really cool so far. Looking forward to it. 8Dd

Hey, at least we can make more DBZ and Pokemon crossovers. *shot*

Maybe it will sound better once the full title is revealed.

Hey, at least we can make more DBZ and Pokemon crossovers. *shot*

Maybe it will sound better once the full title is revealed.

-What?
-YouTube.com>Phantom Ruler Z/Illusion Master Z>decide for yourself.

-What?
-YouTube.com>Phantom Ruler Z/Illusion Master Z>decide for yourself.

As in full title, I meant with the event Pokemon and whatnot.

Such as Giratina and the Bonquet of the Sky: Shaymin. I recall Movie 12 first being called "Dialga VS Palkia VS Giratina", so it's possible that the title will be changed. :/

edit: Well, my bad. Thanks for correcting me, Marcus Chiaki.

Last edited:
"Dialga VS. Palkia VS. Giratina" was a fan name for Movie 12. It was never official. The first official title was The Conquest of Spacetime.

Right now, I'm theorizing that "Z" is a being that can change its form and use psychic powers, possibly even a new Pokémon. It disguises itself as Ash and uses his memories to control Entei, Suicune, Celebi, and Lugia and Ho-oh if they appear. Therefore, Z would be an illusion of a 'master' trainer, thus Illusion Master Z.

Failing that, Z may just be a codename for a new Pokémon, like how X was Lugia's codename in 1999.

It disguises itself as Ash and uses his memories to Celebi
Well, it did look like Celebi was running away from something? If not a new Pokemon, it might of been running away from something that would turn it into an evil being or it's illusion/alternate forme/evil self.

Failing that, Z may just be a codename for a new Pokémon, like how X was Lugia's codename in 1999.

Yeah, that was brought up in the MC thread and I think it's possible for it to be a new Pokemon.

It's most likely a codename. The japanese seem to like using kewl letters for codenames. We had X for Lugia and Z for this, not to mention Smash Brothers X (close enough)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom