• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4DX Experience

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Today, I've tried out 4DX.

For those of you who never heard of it, it's a technologically complex, premium movie experience.

The theater I've visited, Pathé Scheveningen, openly advertizes its 4DX and Dolby Cinema rooms, though I won't go into detail on the latter, as it's not relevant here.
20220618_122844.jpg

20220618_125705.jpg

After buying popcorn and some drinks, I made my way to the room itself, and its fancy decoration.
20220618_130216.jpg

20220618_131211.jpg

The two holes at the top of each seat occasionally blow out a bit of air, which would pass right by one's face.

Furthermore, the center segment moves forward sometimes, poking the viewer in the back, in sync with some moments of the movie.

20220618_153719.jpg

Above the footrest is a small plastic tube that also occasionally blows out a bit of air in sync with the movie.

The movie I watched here was "Top Gun: Maverick", one that centers around dogfights.

During (mainly action) sequences in the movie, the seats themselves move occasionally, tilting left, right, forward, backward, or sometimes a combination of two of those.

Rain/Water is the one effect that you can choose to turn off, via the button on the armrests. Otherwise, the top of the seat spews out a little bit.

20220618_131335.jpg

At the ceiling, on either side of the big screen, are large machines. These generate wind, occasionally flash light in sync with gunshots or explosions, and spew out fake snow, whenever one (or more) of those are needed to compliment the movie.
20220618_131907.jpg

20220618_131912.jpg

All in all, this experience is quite a unique one, albeit a bit pricey normally. Though, if you can find a location that has this feature, it's definitely worth it if you want something beyond merely watching the movie.

Edit to add: If you're gonna watch a movie in 4DX, I do advise against wearing summer clothing, as it can get a bit cold when you're exposed to a lot of wind.
Edit 2: Occasionally, the seat just vibrates, not unlike a massage chair.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom