• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

4Ever taken off Google and iTunes

Reaction score
I just noticed this today. While browsing iTunes, I noticed that M04, which was the only Miramax-distributed film to be released digitally for the twentieth anniversary, is currently not available for rent or purchase on Google Play or iTunes. It is still available on Amazon, however.

I have two theories:
  • A certain executive, who had recently gotten some bad media buzz, is credited under Special Thanks in the end credits. Maybe TPCi pulled it to remove his name from the credits.
  • Miramax/Lionsgate still owns the rights to the other three films, and TPCi releasing M04 digitally wasn't legally allowed on the latter's part.
Neither explains why it is still on Amazon, but let me know what you think.

Last edited:
The one once known as Alphaphlare
Reaction score
Old series seems to be a clusterfuck as far licensing goes.

Sinnoh is available on Hulu as just pokemon and also has the first few episodes of XY. XY, Kanto and Black and White are on Netflix as seperate series. Pokemon Advanced is called Ruby and Sapphire on Hulu but doesn't have all the episodes and both services seem to have newer movies that SLIGHTLY line up with the Series they have. Also You can watch the Spanish dub of Sinnoh and certain movies on Hulu.

Moved to PokeCommunity
Reaction score
It might have to do with the dark themes in the movie. The plot is a hunter catches Pokemon and makes them stronger and evil, and eventually almost destroys the forest he’s in due to catching Celebi.

Swimming through the air and sea!
Reaction score
It might have to do with the dark themes in the movie. The plot is a hunter catches Pokemon and makes them stronger and evil, and eventually almost destroys the forest he’s in due to catching Celebi.
It's not as dark as Movie 3 which has Pokemon feeding on a little girl's emotions after she loses her father. Is that one still on?

Nobody calls me chicken
Reaction score
It's most likely because of the whole Harvey Weinstein scandal. If not, that would be a pretty big coincidence.

Likes cute Pokemon
Reaction score
It's most likely because of the whole Harvey Weinstein scandal. If not, that would be a pretty big coincidence.
The Harvey Weinstein scandal would make the most sense why it was taken down.

Reaction score
Why would they take it down seeing if his name really is in the credits I bet nobody would notice. Most of the country had no clue who this asshole was until a week ago.

And if they cared about rapists, they’d scrub everything Tom Wayland touched. Which would not be a bad idea regardless.

Reaction score
Well, for one, Weinstein is a repeat offender and his scandal is much more well-known.
Two, Tom Wayland voiced tons of characters and Pokémon during his run so his work is not that easy to scrub. At best they could take him off the credits but that's still seven and a half seasons to redo.

怪しいことも何一つない。
Reaction score
So has every film crediting Weinstein been removed from these streaming sites or?...

Reaction score