• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4Ever taken off Google and iTunes

Charmelizard

Reaction score
I just noticed this today. While browsing iTunes, I noticed that M04, which was the only Miramax-distributed film to be released digitally for the twentieth anniversary, is currently not available for rent or purchase on Google Play or iTunes. It is still available on Amazon, however.

I have two theories:
  • A certain executive, who had recently gotten some bad media buzz, is credited under Special Thanks in the end credits. Maybe TPCi pulled it to remove his name from the credits.
  • Miramax/Lionsgate still owns the rights to the other three films, and TPCi releasing M04 digitally wasn't legally allowed on the latter's part.
Neither explains why it is still on Amazon, but let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Old series seems to be a clusterfuck as far licensing goes.

Sinnoh is available on Hulu as just pokemon and also has the first few episodes of XY. XY, Kanto and Black and White are on Netflix as seperate series. Pokemon Advanced is called Ruby and Sapphire on Hulu but doesn't have all the episodes and both services seem to have newer movies that SLIGHTLY line up with the Series they have. Also You can watch the Spanish dub of Sinnoh and certain movies on Hulu.

It might have to do with the dark themes in the movie. The plot is a hunter catches Pokemon and makes them stronger and evil, and eventually almost destroys the forest he’s in due to catching Celebi.

It might have to do with the dark themes in the movie. The plot is a hunter catches Pokemon and makes them stronger and evil, and eventually almost destroys the forest he’s in due to catching Celebi.
It's not as dark as Movie 3 which has Pokemon feeding on a little girl's emotions after she loses her father. Is that one still on?

Why would they take it down seeing if his name really is in the credits I bet nobody would notice. Most of the country had no clue who this asshole was until a week ago.

And if they cared about rapists, they’d scrub everything Tom Wayland touched. Which would not be a bad idea regardless.

Well, for one, Weinstein is a repeat offender and his scandal is much more well-known.
Two, Tom Wayland voiced tons of characters and Pokémon during his run so his work is not that easy to scrub. At best they could take him off the credits but that's still seven and a half seasons to redo.

So has every film crediting Weinstein been removed from these streaming sites or?...

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom