• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4th Gen Trainer's Travelog

Re: Trainer's Travelog

Yesterday (heartgold) I decided to train six random low level pokemon. A squirtle,carnivine,numel,whismur,tailow, and something else.

Well.. I was training them and they were varied in levels, from 6 to 19, most were around ten,carnivine was 6..and I went up from lavender town and thought I killed everyone around there so I could train... well there was one person, the guy with the level 43 quagsire... I accidentally initiated a fight with him, it knows Amnesia,earthquake,rain dance, and yawn. >> well.. needless to say my team was nuked,except for my carnivine. I kept using Bind and growth, though groth didnt do anything for me since Bind is now a special attack. Eventually I DEFEATED the level 43 quagsire with the level 6 Carnivine because of it's ability levitate and that Bind did decent damage during the turns I was sleeping.

I went ahead and caught Lugia, after a decent amount of stressing about not being able to buy Timer balls in large quantities.

In a Ultra ball, after about 40 tosses.... It seems even with time, the Ultra balls effects increase a bit.

Off to get MewTwo, after figuring a way to get through Cerulean Cave, Currently a bit lost, and bored with current game. That reminds me, still have to navigate Mt. Silver...

After this I'll maybe transfer pokes to Platinum for training, then ship them back to HG, to take on....Red.

I don't know if I'll survive....!

Right now in my SS:
Joe begins his epic quest
In the dark of the night, Joe finds a new friend, a hoothoot
Too lazy to tell the rest.
Oh, and a beat whitney with only my nidorino and noctowl
Team:
Buttercup {Bellsprout} lv. 17
Lollipop {Poliwag} lv. 17
Noctowl lv. 22
Nidorino lv. 16

I'm really bored currently, even though I posted like...a while ago. Thinking of restarting my game soon, and transferring all the pokes that matter (I'm looking at you my team, Arceus, legendaries[aka Ho-Oh, MewTwo, Lugia, Giratina..], and PCP ftw!)

Caught Mewtwo, by the way. Dunno how I managed to get around in Cerulean cave...training a team on Platinum, so if I want to take on Red....I'll swipe him, hopefully. Really got lost in Mt. Silver, so I think I'm really gonna restart HG, and get a shot at RNGing and figuring out my secret ID, old school way.

Yeah, that's about it....kthnxbai. :)

I'm transferring Pokémon onto the cartridge so I can restart my Platinum for a Nuzlocke challenge.

Captain's log stardate 06.15.10

Just got Heartgold. Planning to start tomorrow morning because I want to start my journey when the sun is shining, not when it's setting. I'm gonna get a cyndaquil as my starter.

EDIT: changed my mind; starting now

Last edited:

Bought HeartGold for my sister. I'm gonna have a Pokeathlon buddy!

My Johto Dex is close to complete, now training an Aipom. I also used the Pal Park in my SS for the first time and transferred two sets of Hoenn Pokémon, so Hoenn's only waiting for levelupping as well.

I also took advantage of a Chansey swarm one day, and now I got about 20 Lucky Eggs. Sweet.

Pokédex:
Johto: 249 obtained / 255 seen, missing Politoed, Nidoqueen, Yanmega, Ambipom, Starmie, Kabutops and Mewtwo
National: 389 obtained / 430 seen
Score: 23158
Time: 453:42

Current team:
AIPOM♂ Lv25 @ Lucky Egg [Bold, Pickup]
Norly♂ (Noctowl) Lv73 @ Silk Scarf [Relaxed, Insomnia]
PACHIRISU♂ Lv74 @ nothing [Gentle, Pickup]
Zooomy♀ (Linoone) Lv23 @ nothing [Relaxed, Pickup]
Egg (Electrike)

That Aipom has been around in my team for some time when I've been training others, now it's its time to evolve. Three Pickuppers, one of which is at a high level = epic win. I have about 50 Rare Candies and about 20 of both Sun and Moon Stones. :)

(Also, post #2,000. Yay.)

While at the fourth gym, my wooper and hoothoot evolved at the same time!

Current team as I'm typing this (not counting hm slaves, etc.):

Quilava (♂ ) - Lv. 26
Flaaffy (♀) - Lv. 23
Noctowl (♂) - Lv. 20
Quagsire (♀) - Lv. 20

Captain's log stardate 06.17.10

Current status: at Route 26

Ty♂ (Typhlosion) - Lv. 38
Mr. Owl♂ (Noctowl) - Lv. 39
Beacon♀(Ampharos) - Lv. 40
w00t♀ (Quagsire) - Lv. 41
S'winter♀ (Piloswine) - Lv. 40

National dex complete.
My first time doing this and I feel damn accomplished.

i am currently trying to get new pokemon to fill my pokedex

Pokédex:
Johto: 141 obtained / 230 seen
National: 250 obtained / 369 seen
Score: 10230
Time: 165:57

also, to do list

- get up to 260 obtained in nat dex
- get mewtwo
- try to get 5 shiny leaf for a star on trainer card

Well I got Heartgold just yesterday. Yay!

So, so far I'm going to go against Falkner. : ] I used to own the original Gold and I'm so glad to have this. : D

Also I started with Cyndaquil, at night.

====

Started 06/18/2010

im ev' training my beldum on geodudes in the dark cave... it has pokerus so this shouldnt take long.

also, if you have trouble getting mew2, just bring a dark typ with false swipe, mew2 only has one attack move, and its phycic typ.

Captain's log stardate 06.23.10

I just got a water stone from Bill's grandfather northeast of Cerulean (after showing him other pokemon to get other stones); I had to find a Marill at Mt. Mortar (1% encounter rate!).

So I used it to evolve the Eevee I got from Bill into a Vaporeon.

Captain's log stardate 06.24.10

Yesterday, I was looking for a Lucky Egg from Chansey in Route 15, and failed.
But when I went to the Pokemon center, I found out that my pokemon got pokerus!

Note: I don't ev train right now, there's no counter app and I'm just lazy

So I'm at the Battle Frontier, winning a hardcore streak with 2 Flygons. Simultaneously, I'm training a Milotic level wise and moveset wise, EV trainings all done with Milotic and Gardevoir.

Milotics Current moveset:
Surf
Haze
Twister
Refresh

Milotics planned moveset:
Surf
Haze
Dragon Pulse
Recover

Last edited:

I accomplished a very exciting first today -- my SS Pokedex has every single Eevolution! It's always been a goal, but I've always stopped playing or got bored with the idea.

I've completely converted Pearl to my personal Pokefarm. Not only is it where I'm leveling up Dratini and the like, but the copious amount of legendaries make for excellent GTS bait. This is my first experience with it, but I'm hoping somebody wants a Mespirit.

Really enjoying the Pokedex work, though. This is the first time since Silver that I've actually dedicated serious time and effort, and it's turning out quite fun. :)

Well now I'm going to try to get every evolution by leveling up/hatchling pokemon in the dex

Back
Top Bottom