• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4th Gen Trainer's Travelog

Re: Trainer's Travelog

Colosseum: Currently at Realgam Tower, preparing to fight Venus. Might consider going back to Miror B.'s Hideout to battle Mirakle B. for some training.

Team:

Umbreon Lv.37

Faint Attack
Return
Toxic
Confuse Ray

Feraligatr Lv.38

(Can't remember what move this is)
Scary Face
Surf
Bite

Furret Lv.37/8

Iron Tail
Helping Hand
Quick Attack
Strength

Noctowl Lv.38/9

Steel Wing
Hypnosis
(Something)
Fly

Raikou Lv.40

(Something)
Quick Attack
Rain Dance
Thunder

Entei Lv.41

Sunny Day
(Something)
Fire Blast
(Something)

Yeah. The team's a bit underleveled. That's why I'm considering battling Mirakle B. So I can hopefully level some of my 'Mons up.

Currently in Mahogany town, about to do a little grinding before I challenge the gym. Caught the Red Gyarados yesterday. :)

Current team:

Muse (Quilava) Lv33
Keeley (Flaffy) Lv32 (not evolving her yet)
Annuka (Lapras) Lv32
Tyler (Togetic) Lv32
Elliott (Pidgeotto) Lv32
Bellamy (Umbreon) Lv32

Colosseum: Currently at Realgam Tower, preparing to fight Venus. Might consider going back to Miror B.'s Hideout to battle Mirakle B. for some training.

Team:

Umbreon Lv.37

Faint Attack
Return
Toxic
Confuse Ray

Feraligatr Lv.38

(Can't remember what move this is)
Scary Face
Surf
Bite

Furret Lv.37/8

Iron Tail
Helping Hand
Quick Attack
Strength

Noctowl Lv.38/9

Steel Wing
Hypnosis
(Something)
Fly

Raikou Lv.40

(Something)
Quick Attack
Rain Dance
Thunder

Entei Lv.41

Sunny Day
(Something)
Fire Blast
(Something)

Yeah. The team's a bit underleveled. That's why I'm considering battling Mirakle B. So I can hopefully level some of my 'Mons up.

I believe this is only for HG/SS. Colosseum doesn't really belong here.

Anyways, i'm training my Jirachi from the Wifi event that started today. Currently around level 38. Here we go:

Jirachi
Gentle Nature
Serene Grace

Zen Headbutt, Psychic, Confusion, Draco Meteor.

Holding Macho Brace.

Got Soulsilver yesterday, woot! So I've left my HeartGold version for dead and have started again on SS. Im doing a steel team theme in order to commemorate the addition of the steel & dark types to the typelist in gen II (I did dark already in Heartgold)

Anyways, i'm training my Jirachi from the Wifi event that started today. Currently around level 38. Here we go:

Jirachi
Gentle Nature
Serene Grace

Zen Headbutt, Psychic, Confusion, Draco Meteor.

Holding Macho Brace.

Yeah I was gonna do that too, but decided against it cause I'd have too many pokémon on my team. Current team is:

Nettle the Bayleef, lv. 16, holding Miracle Seed.

Venonat, lv. 10 w/tinted lens caught on the pokéwalker. Holding Occa berry.

Bronzor lv. 13 w/heatproof. Caught on the pokéwalker.

Beldum lv. 13. Caught on the pokéwlker and holding occa berry.

The only pokémon left for me to capture are Pineco & Scyther, so I can get Forretress & Scizor respectively. I think I'm gonna drop my future venomoth in the daycare when I start the Kantoen half of the adventure in orer to train the Skarmory which I'm hoping to catch on Rt. 45 but I might get one sooner than that (or not at all?).

I'm about to go fight Bugsy now, though its really Whitney who scares me. I've heard of (and experienced!) so many tales about her Miltank of death, Though I think Beldum & Venonat could handle it?

I'm really trying to think of some decent moves to teach my pokemon, specifically Espeon and Magnezone. Can anyone suggest anything?

My team:

Espeon: lv 87

Psychic
Psybeam
Iron Tail
Morning Sun

Dragonite: lv 84

Hyper Beam
Outrage
Ice Beam
Fly

Milotic: lv 61

Blizzard
Recover
Surf
Safeguard

Garchomp: lv 56

Flamethrower
Earthquake
Draco Meteor
Crunch

Lucario: lv 68

Aura Sphere
Rock Climb
Dig
Swords Dance

Magnezone: lv 71

Flash Cannon
Discharge
Zap Cannon
Magnet Rise

I just beat my 5th gym on soulsilver and my team is:

bronzor 25
togetic 23
todidile 23 ( i dont want it to evolve 'cause it's too cute )
onix 22
beedrill 22
horsea 21

how do think it is?

Does anyone think i should either get a flying type or let my todidile evolve?

Does anyone think i should either get a flying type or let my todidile evolve?

You already have a flying type - Togetic!

And let Totodile evolve, because Feraligatr is awesome.

I've heard of (and experienced!) so many tales about her Miltank of death, Though I think Beldum & Venonat could handle it?
Beldum should be fine, but if she whips out Miltank's oh-so-annoying Rollout, Venonat might not be fine.

Trying to get my Vaporeon up to level 85... currently at 82 and getting bored beating the E4 over and over. .-. Can't seem to get lucky at the Battle Frontier's Hall though. (Always get paralyzed in the 10th stage of the Electric category, or get stuck fighting a freaking Lanturn >>).

I'm making several runs through the battle frontier to gain BP.

You already have a flying type - Togetic!

And let Totodile evolve, because Feraligatr is awesome.

Does Feraligatr learn any moves that Totodile can't? Does anyone think that togetic isnt a good flying type?

Does Feraligatr learn any moves that Totodile can't? Does anyone think that togetic isnt a good flying type?

I think Feraligatr and Totodile have the same moveset, it's just that Feraligatr is pretty powerful and will be useful towards the end of the game. As for Togetic, it evolves into Togekiss which is one of the best flying types around.

currently training Togebliss (Togekiss)

I'm currently training Dratini, which I got from Game Corner. I didn't remember training Dratini was this annoying! Still haven't got any time for beating Clair, even thought I bought HG in its release day. Well, I don't want to hurry! I also try to make a new record in Hurdle Dash in Pokéathlon. Pennant Capture is still the only Pokéathlon event, where I haven't made a record at all... It's just too hard for me!
After now and then I soft reset for good event Jirachi, yet I haven't got a good one.

My current team:
Feraligatr, lvl 44
Steelix, lvl 40
Sunflora, lvl 41
Dodrio, lvl 35
Mamoswine, lvl 38
Dratini, lvl 29

Alright, so figured I could post...

My team's levels varies from eachother. Only Gyarados and Dragonite are above Lv. 50, respectively Lv. 54 and Lv. 60.

The other's...still working on that. As this is my second time through the game (I said previously once that I restarted my game....Still going, yay!), I'm busy with Cinnabar gym. Blaine, here I come...again.

After that, I dunno. Beat the *peep* outa Blue, redo the in-game events, work on my pokedex, and for once in my short petty life, beat RED!

Oh, and I started Pokèathlon a bit. It was sooooooo fun actually, and I worked the best in the Stamina category.

Left off last night entering the Ice Path. My team currently consist of 5 pokemon. The final spot will go to a Donphan.

Typhlosion- Lvl. 36
Ampharos- Lvl. 36
Xatu- Lvl. 36
Heracross- Lvl. 34
Politoed- Lvl. 33

I just arrived in Blackthorn city, my team probably need a little bit more training before the gym, so I'm going to continue south.

i am still trying to get new pokemon to fill my pokedex

Pokédex:
Johto: 146 obtained / 233 seen
National: 262 obtained / 377 seen
Score: 10701
Time: 175:00

also, to do list

- get up to 260 obtained in nat dex (done)
- get mewtwo
- try to get 5 shiny leaf for a star on trainer card

I am in a new mode where i PLAN to overtrain just to get to the E-4. I am only using 3 battling pokemon though.

Cyndaquil lv 11
Spearow lv 11
Weedle lv 3(in pokewalker)

my plan to overtrain is to train according to gym...

Falkner lv 15
Bugsy lv 25
whitney lv 35
Mortey lv 45
Chuck lv 55
Jasmine lv 65
clair lv 75

E-4 lv 85

I know they will be overtrained, but oh well

Back
Top Bottom