• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4th Gen Trainer's Travelog

Re: Trainer's Travelog

On Heartgold i am working on a team i sent up through Emerald my doing Gym Leader Reamatchs

Main Team:
Ditto Lv.49
Togetic Lv.49
Ariados Lv.49
Magmar Lv.50
Maganium Lv.50
Corsola Lv.53

Emerald Team:
Sableye Lv.44
Siviper Lv.44
Slaking Lv.44
Solrock Lv.45
Ludicolo Lv.45
Minun Lv.45

On Soulsiliver Im about to fight Erica for the first time and the only Kanto badge I have is Lt. Surge

Team:
Hearacross Lv.39
Nidoking Lv.40
Feraligator Lv.40
Dunsparce Lv.40
Sudowoodo Lv.40
Gloom Lv.40 (cant decide if to keep a Gloom or evolve into a Bellossom)

I started the day with yet another GTS check. I removed the Pokemon since I got a Croagunk Egg in a trade during the afternoon. Then, I battled Whitney again: I breezed through the battle! Lots of Experience Points for my Shellos: I'm training it right now.

I didn't care about the Chansey swarm: I already have a Blissey, after all! Went to the Safari Zone, trying to catch Lunatone, but all of them fled and I ended up wasting my Safari Balls...

I didn't care about the Chansey swarm: I already have a Blissey, after all!

Chansey swarms are actually a great source of easy EXP, and if you have a Pokémon with Thief, you can collect a bunch of Lucky Eggs to boost your training even more.

Since there seems to be little new information on RNG abuse in HGSS, I decided to go catch my Mewtwo as non-shiny. Did reset for a +SpAtk nature, though. So, that means my Johto Dex is now complete! And less than 50 missing from the National Dex as well.

Just got myself a certain Celebi, the Giovanni event is great :D. I'm going to spoiler it for the very few people who may not know about it :L.

The battle was interesting, seeing as I only used Celebi :p, and the splash at the end was very ominous..But the best thing about it has to be the use of time travel, with Lyra's line "But Rev, you solved this case already!" Brilliant stuff :).

And don't forget the possible suicide/radio static

Yeah, I reckon it was a suicide, the splash coupled with Lyra saying 'Hey, where did Giovanni go?' seems pretty conclusive :).

Giovannifail. Teamrocket fail. I mean comon TR was a pushover in HG/SS.. And Archer was a mere breif second of my life. Then the Mighty Giovanni and his 4 40range pokemon all fell to my level 100 shiny espeon.. Okay overkill. But I mean 40's? And he suicides after a whole 3 minute event.

I almost had to give magma/agua props. Cyrus>Giovanni no contest.

After lots of route-to-route switching and 6 Quick Balls, I finally got Raikou. Who knew it was so easy even without something with Shadow Tag/Arena Trap/Trapping moves? Next up: Entei and Latias!

Oh, and that Shellos I was training became a Gastrodon. Now training a Croagunk instead.

Update: Got you too, Entei. It cost me $27000 though this time.

Update 2: Hey, I have a Latias now! 10 Quick Balls did the trick.

Update 3(last update for the day): Currently rebattling Blue for cash and experience. Now at 3 times.

Last edited:

I was showing Bill's grandfather the pokemon he wanted to see earlier, and noticed that each pokemon that you showed him, you received the according stone to make them evolve, apart from Lickitung, for which you recieve an Everstone. It seems that Gamefreak agrees with the general consensus of NEVER EVOLVING LICKITUNG :p.

Finally got Kabuto, Psyduck and Mudkip to evolve into Kabutops, Golduck and Swampert. Swampert is now in my main party!

Currently, I'm training my Dragonair and earning money from Elite Four battles. In the process, Swampert learned Earthquake. Unfortunately, right after the second rematch, my DSi power indicator turned red. I guess the action had to stop for now.

Update: Dragonair evolved into Dragonite! Also learned the "art" of cloning. Rebattled the E4 and Blaine. Cash on hand: $300k. Venonat, Marill and Staryu are now Venomoth, Azumarill and Starmie. Johto Pokedex now at 248 caught, National 371.

Consolidated update 2: I rebattled the Elite Four a few more times to earn a lot of money and experience. As a result, I finally evolved my Seel and Aipom into Dewgong and Ambipom respectively. There's only two Pokemon until the Johto Pokedex reaches 254 seen, 254 caught. I'm still missing Yanmega and Tyranitar. Gotta love Luvdisc swarms: I got a lot of Heart Scales that way!

Today, I'm busy training my Torterra and Luxray (nicknamed Bright). Not interested in rebattling the Elite Four for now - I've had enough of it.

Last edited:

Im Currently in Whirl Islands trying to soft reset me a pink lugia

My team really needs training strongest lv 54 :(

Damn you lugia 227 Resets so far

I'm at Mt. Silver, training my Vigoroth. It's level 42 now; I want it to learn Reversal before it evolves, so seven more levels to go. After that, I stand at 454/493 in the National Dex. :p Game time is 561:35.

Mulling around Fuchsia, hoping those stupid builders will move.

I really need to go to Vermilion and play the PokeFlute tune though. XD

Oh, and waiting for Steven to turn up at Silph Co.

Training up a Dragonair into a Dragonite, I caught the Dragonair at Lv. 45 and is nearly at the level for it becoming a Dragonite. Thinking about breeding lots of Phiones so I can trade them to people for events(gonna teach them Hydro Pump to them for free so it's worth getting it). Right now trying to find a Ditto of the right nature to breed.

I just defeated Clair, she was a lot easier this time around with my Feraligatr to take out all those dragon types. Yay that.

I don't really feel like going to the Whirl Islands right now though so I'm taking a bit of a story break. I'm going to work on the little project I started in the beginning of the game, when I hit the Goldenrod/Ecruteak area: Vulpix breeding. Working on movesets right now so I need to go catch a Stantler for Hypnosis. Then I need to level my Growlithe for Heat Wave.

I finally managed to complete my Johto Pokedex (without events). It's now 255 seen and caught! I got a certificate, too. The only thing missing to fill it up with events is Celebi.

Most of the time I have is dedicated to Pokemon cloning. Looks like I took too many requests. Therefore, I didn't train Torterra and Luxray much today. Caught a lot of trade fodder to receive Pokemon to clone.

Update: Started IV breeding for the first time. After 3 hours of constant Pokemon swapping, I finally got a Totodile (now Croconaw) with an IV spread of (HP/Atk/Def/SpAtk/SpDef/Spd) 29/28/29/30/29/24. Pretty good for a short time, huh? Also, since I also now have a Celebi, my Johto Pokedex is now truly complete - 256 seen and owned! I'm now currently EV training my Croconaw. 251 EVs in Attack, 100 EVs in Sp. Def and 100 EVs in Speed. I'm not sure whether this is good...

Last edited:

I need some help with my SS I CANNOT BEAT WILL the E4 is like impossible for me. Any suggestions?

My team is

Togetic 36
Kingdra 40
Steelix 40
Dusknoir 40
Beedrill 35
Bronzong 38

Buy lots of items and train. Get everyone to at LEAST 40.

Also... Beedrill? Really?

I am trying to beat Chuck in HeartGold...wow I'm behind :p

But my current team is:
Butterfree lvl 28
Togetic lvl 27
Noctowl lvl 27
Quilava lvl 28
Pikachu lvl 21
Furret lvl 24

I tend to switch my team out a lot...so I focused on Flying-types for now.

Just defeated Blue. I actually did all of the Kanto gyms today and only two of them gave me trouble. Lt. Surge with his cheap Double Teaming and Blue with his Trick Room and zomg Thunder Fang Rhydon. That one I barely scraped by with a victory.

Now I really need to build an actual team to go against the Elite Four's second round and Red. Yes, I'm still only using four Pokemon: Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Ampharos and Tauros. I may just work on a brand new team entirely from scratch, especially since I've been having great luck with the GTS to get Pokemon I normally wouldn't have right now.

Back
Top Bottom