• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4th Gen Trainer's Travelog

Re: Trainer's Travelog

I'll try at least and breed Hydro Pump into the Piplup I think.
Anyway, thanks for answering!

Day-Dunno

Location-National Park

Entry-I successfully captured a Swablu earlier this morning. Flew to Goldenrod, and discovered I had received a Jolteon over the GTS. Then, I headed to Route 35 and the lands beyond. Hopefully the Sinnoh Sound will turn up some decent Pokemon. The Shinx have been assaulting me during my passage through the National Park, and I've no ground types. The wife said I'd need rubber gloves on my journey, but did I listen? Of course not. I really should listen to her more...

Lots of progress today, actually did some grinding which I've been avoiding for days now. I actually feel bad for Bugsy cause of all the times I incinerated his team. =X But on the plus side, Amarant the Typhlosion is now level 81, up from level 60 this morning. It should be able to sweep at least a couple of the leveled up Elite Four. Would be more but his moveset sucks and I don't feel like doing more Pokeathlons/Battle Frontier stuff for Heart Scales and TMs right now.

I did get super lucky on the Bug Contest at least, I won it with a Scyther and when I checked its summary, it's Adamant with Technician. Nice. IVs probably aren't great but that doesn't matter as I caught it mainly to be my False Swiper. Now I can go after at least some of the legendaries. I'd much rather have a Zangoose for this because Scyther is weak to half of the Pokemon I wanted False Swipe for. =/ But I did EV train it so if I'm lucky he'll have enough power to take them down to 1 HP before getting KO'd.

To round my day out I also picked up an Absol, which is awesome. I wish I had a way to just transfer my Absol from Pearl over to SS, as that particular one can and does sweep the Sinnoh Elite Four on a fairly regular basis. But it also wasn't bred so I'm probably better off starting from scratch anyways.

Now I'm trying to figure out what to do. My current team is, quite frankly, a mess. The only way I can see to really improve it is to just make a new one, I just hate how slow leveling is in SS. Probably spoiled cause I have a Lucky Egg in Pearl. And the VS Seeker. /sigh.

I got started on SS, and I've achieved a lot.
Things accomplished today:
-Beat Chuck
-Healed Amphy
-Beat Jasmine
-Evolved Larvitar into Pupitar

Current team:

Quilava, male, level 33, Rash
-Cut
-Flame Wheel
-Swift
-Ember

Doduo, female, level 30, Early Bird, Jolly
-Fly
-Pursuit
-Quick Attack
-Fury Attack

Aipom, male, level 31, Run Away, Jolly
-Fury Swipes
-Astonish
-Fake Out
-Rock Smash

Pupitar, male, level 30, Hasty
-Dark Pulse
-Thrash
-Screech
-Rock Slide

Scizor, male, level 30, Technician, Adamant
-Strength
-Metal Claw
-Fury Cutter
-Pursuit

Prinplup, male, level 30, Mild
-Peck
-Metal Claw
-Surf
-Grass Knot

Scyther was level 27 yesterday. Today he's level 69. I really put the effort into leveling him when just for kicks and some money I challenged the Elite Four and he KO'd two of Bruno's Pokemon when he was only level 50. And his properly EV-boosted stats are making poor Amarant look positively weak. So for right now, Hunter the Scyther is my main battling force.

I've been reworking my team quite a bit as well. I took my Tauros out and replaced him with a Swinub I had originally caught to help take on Clair and didn't end up training. She's now a Piloswine, about to become a Mamoswine. I don't think I've ever trained an Ice-type before so it's been an interesting experience. It's a lot easier now that she has Ice Fang and Earthquake, at least.

I never did have a sixth battler (my Fearow doesn't count, he's solely for transportation), but I've decided to go ahead and add Skarmory in that last slot for its Posion immunity. Koga keeps stalling my team with his stupid Swalot and Muk. Tauros does have Zen Headbutt but he's just not hitting hard enough to make it count. Level is a factor here, as is his Gentle nature. So Skarmory to minimize the Poison damage and just generally stalling if I need it to, should something go terribly wrong and require Revives or something.

Yes this does give me a major fire weakness but I have Feraligatr and Ampharos to handle that with Waterfall and Power Gem, respectively.

So I guess now the only real obstacle between me and defeating the Elite Four is level. My team has a huge range, lowest being 28 and the highest being 83, so...yeah. I'll try for 60 as a minimum for all my lower level team members. My current team now consists of Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Ampharos, Scyther, Piloswine and Skarmory. I've actually added or switched out half of it in the past couple of days. I know I could easily do a lot better than what I have right now but I'm not inclined to do an entire new team from scratch when all I really have to do with this one is grind a lot.

Right now I'm EV training an Umbreon. So yeah. Not much else to report here. Although I am stalling the inevitable. I am not looking forward to grinding my Espeon to level 71 for Morning Sun. As I'm typing this, I just realized that my Espeon is female, and thus cannot breed moves onto Growlithe. Fuck.

OK, new plan. Grwlithes moveset will be:
Flare Blitz
Thunder Fang
Extreme Speed
???

Morning Sun would've fit real nicely in there.

Also waiting to get together with my friend, so he can trade me a TM66 that I need for Umbreon.

Ahh, level grinding. Got my Skarmory, now named Ibycus, up to level 60. Still quite a bit lower than 4 other members of the team, but he's improving steadily. Now my Mamoswine Lyuba is the lowest level on the team at just 45. Definitely need to keep working on that.

Despite the low levels and lack of cohesive teamwork, I still managed to defeat the second round of the Elite Four. Skarmory was a key factor against Koga, although it did lead to two very irritating battles of attrition. Hunter steamrolled Bruno pretty much by himself this time. Karen was irritating but I was able to use her secondary weaknesses to take her down, leaving Lance. Definitely got dicey near the end, especially with the large level gaps in my team. I managed to pull through, however.

Now aside from catching the legendaries, all I really have left to do is take Red down for the first time. As long as I can close that level gap I think I will do very well against him. Then it's back to breeding. I'm pretty much using all this to procrastinate because I can't finish with my Vulpix project until I get my hands on an Energy Ball TM. I really don't like the Battle Frontier much since I don't have a decent team for it. Ah well, I'll get there eventually.

Today:
Recieved Eevee
Leveled up Eevee
Leveled up Murkrow
Evolved Luxio
Leveled up Prinplup
Caught a Gible
Evolved Gible
Beat Fantina
Beat Barry
On the way to Solaceon Town

Current Team:
Luxray- Level 30
Prinplup- Level 30
Murkrow- Level 27
Gabite- Level 25
Eevee- Level 21
Bidoof- Level 4 (HM Slave)

My National Pokedex in HeartGold is filling up in a slow but steady rate. It's currently at 405 owned. Recent additions: Latios and Heatran. Meanwhile, I'm busy trading.

I spent the first part of my Pokemon time level grinding and working the Battle Frontier. I am extremely frustrated with that place right now. I keep losing due to confusion or critical hits, usually on the last battle before finishing a streak and thus denying me the BP I so desperately need. I got so irritated I had to stop for awhile and do something else. That's pretty rare for me, I generally am a very patient person. I'm only barely more than halfway to earning the TM I have to have for my breeding, though.

I have everything all set up for egg moves, in fact. I quickly bred a few Stantler to get a male with at least a couple of flawless IVs and Hypnosis. I have a quadruple flawless female Vulpix. I have Power items for transferring those flawless IVs to the babies. Literally the only thing I need to finish this project is TM53. I even finally got a Fire Stone so when I do get a good competition-level Vulpix I can train it, evolve it and start battling with it right away.

I guess I'll just keep grinding those BP at the Battle Hall, as painfully slow as it is. If I get really lucky I may even get it tonight but I'm not counting on it.

My Platinum game

Day-2

Location-Route 202

Entry-I just began my Pokemon adventure and already have 4 Pokemon! I've been trying to level up my Chimchar to learn Mach Punch so I can stand a chance at the first gym, and I'm also trying to find a male Shinx. I haven't succeeded yet, but I'm still trying!

Got my yellow Charmander...now I'm working for a yellow Chikarita

Successfully acquired TM66 and TM89. Finished EV training my Umbreon, and am now level grinding them. Umbreon needs Moonlight. Gyara needs DD. Almost there, anyways. After this, I can start EV training either my Growlithe or Trapinch. I've figured out what move I'm going to have on Arcanine in lieu of morning sun: Iron Head. Pretty cool.

Currently SRing for a periwinkle Lapras in Firered version (gonna look so sweet with my black Charizard)

Just leveled my whole team (excluding Megan) from level 71 to 72, leveling what the Pokéwalker didn't level up. I was pretty idle last week... This will be a better week. Right, Charlie?

PS: Confused? Take a look at my sig.

Name-Sven

Date-Stop asking

Entry-The GTS has proven very useful indeed...yes. Tomorrow at noon I strike out for the dreaded Mount Silver yet again. I need to train Arcanine and Swablu. Goddamn I hate Mount Silver...

Name-Sven

Day-3 or 4?

Entry-Well, I lost my first attempt at the second Gym. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to train harder! I also recently got a Buizel and Budew! I'm not sure what other Pokemon I want at the moment, but I'm sure I'll find some!

I've beaten all the gyms in Kanto, but am still putting off the battle with Red due to my levels. In the meantime, I've trained my Milotic on Emerald, and worked on my Pokéathlon stats (I made it to the last room).

Trainer-Sven Pedersen

Location-Hearthome City (Platinum)

Total Hours-Approx 14.

Caught male Roselia at level 20 outside of Hearthome City. Much better than making male Budew happy. Still looking for male Ralts to eventually evolve into Gallade to replace Meditite. Going to level team to level 27 before taking on Fantina's gym.

I've been organizing all my Pokemon and determining which ones I plan to transfer to BW. Also planning on replaying HG once I transfer everything important on it to my Platinum (goodbye, Notched-ear Pichu. ;-;).

Back
Top Bottom