• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4th Gen Trainer's Travelog

Falconwing

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score
Hey, since we had one going for Platinum, post here your progress in Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

I'm on Route 32, training my Quilava and Mareep. One Badge. But I've already done the Arceus event.

Re: Trainer's Travelog

I have three badges.

My team is currently:

Quilava Level 21
Togetic Level 23
Slowpoke Level 19

I'm struggling to find things I even want to train. I'm trying to avoid my Japanese HeartGold team which was: Typhlosion, Scizor, Poliwrath, Mamoswine, Ampharos, and Crobat.

I don't know when I'll start my English HeartGold... it's just in the box right now.

I just made it sprout tower in my Silver. Started with totodile, now at 11. The rest of my team now: ratata 7, spearow 8, geodude 8, and weedle 6. I love the new look and I can't wait to try out the walker.

I have 4 badges right now and am working on clearing through Matsuba's/Morty's gym to get to him. Natu's pounding the crap out of everything now that I taught it psychic off a TM I took off one of my other games.

My team is:

Avis, ♂ Natu level 21
Fialynn, ♀ Flaaffy level 18
テチコ [techiko], ♀ Aipom level 21
ハチワ [hachiwa], ♂ Bayleef level 20
Cara, ♀ Croconaw level 22
Aideen, ♀ Flareon level 21

Techiko came from JP pearl, Hachiwa from JP SS as well as the egg for Avis, and Aideen came from Platinum. :p

In honor of the recent attack, I will say this. I just defeated Proton with a newborn Togepi.

Now that my Rival is out of the way, I'm off to Azalea.

Team:
Quilava: Lvl 17
Flaffy: Lvl 18 (Rival used Mean Look)
Togepi: Lvl 9
Giratina: Lvl 10

And riding along is PCP: Lvl 30

This sounds like fun!

I am currently in Violet City with one badge. My current team is:
Cyndaquil, level 13
Geodude, level 12
Mareep, Level 12
Pidgey, Level 10

I also have the egg from Professor Birch but I am going to put it in my Box for now. Right now I have an Unown F on my PokéWalker too.

Okay. I have both games and I'm starting with my SoulSilver game. So far I'm halfway through Union Cave and my team consists of:

Cyndaquil
Rattata
Togepi
Onix (in game trade)
Mareep
Wooper

I have...4 badges.

Feraligatr
Nidorino
Mankey
Voltorb

Red Gyrados and Ratatta are my HM mules at the moment. I'll be looking to get Natu once I get fly and Houndour whenever. I might trade an egg over from Platinum because I don't remember if you can get him in Johto...the information I've found so far has been unclear, but uh...yeah we'll see.

As far as progress, I'm almost done with the Team Rocket HQ. I found my Voltorb there, it was a pleasant surprise. Kinda tired so I'll probably get to that tomorrow

I have...4 badges.

Feraligatr
Nidorino
Mankey
Voltorb

Red Gyrados and Ratatta are my HM mules at the moment. I'll be looking to get Natu once I get fly and Houndour whenever. I might trade an egg over from Platinum because I don't remember if you can get him in Johto...the information I've found so far has been unclear, but uh...yeah we'll see.

As far as progress, I'm almost done with the Team Rocket HQ. I found my Voltorb there, it was a pleasant surprise. Kinda tired so I'll probably get to that tomorrow

Yeah, Houndour is in the Safari Zone.

Oh, is he on the Savannah with all the blocks and stuff Bulbapedia says? Last time I checked it was a little messy as far as info so any clarification would be help. I might have to make a grand push before sleep to get him.

Oh, is he on the Savannah with all the blocks and stuff Bulbapedia says? Last time I checked it was a little messy as far as info so any clarification would be help. I might have to make a grand push before sleep to get him.

I don't think you need blocks for him.

Beat Bugsy and solved the farfetfched puzzle. Now to get a cut slave.

EDIT: And now... the SEP-PCP event. Done.

Last edited:

No, you do. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Johto_Safari_Zone 10 rocky in grassland area.

Anyways, got my 4th badge. Team is low- to mid-20s in level.
Back to PokéBlocks again then are we? If you have Wi-Fi and need any berries Dan just let me know.

Congrats on the 4th Badge. I just got the Old Rod and heading to Azalea Town.

I miss the old Pokémon Center music at night from Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.

Back to PokéBlocks again then are we? If you have Wi-Fi and need any berries Dan just let me know.

Congrats on the 4th Badge. I just got the Old Rod and heading to Azalea Town.

What? No, no pokeblocks.

I miss the old Pokémon Center music at night from Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.

No, this music is the REAL old music, just a bit freshened up. For those who haven't heard it yet GB player style, prepare yourself for a waaaaave of nostalgia (if you've played gen1/2). I was left speechless when I first heard the GB player PokéCenter HGSS music.

Finally bothered to hook up my pokéwalker, since I had sudowudoo in the box. xD

I tested the walker with Rocky. The only useful thing he ever did for me.

It takes longer to get those watts than I thought. I only have 9.

Just met Baoba. I am confused, why did his name not change (aside from romanizing it), but all the TR execs' names did? :/ This does not compute. xD (please don't turn this to a localization conversion, I'm merely making an observation here)

And if I weren't wearing my silky PJ pants, I'd clip both mine to the edge of my pants to earn some easy watts/steps. xD but they would slide right off the edge of these. :p

Back
Top Bottom