• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4th Gen Trainer's Travelog

Re: Trainer's Travelog

Picked up HeartGold early Sunday morning, and not as far along as others in the thread-- long hours at work, you know.

Pokéwalker stats;
Total Watts: 2722 W
Total Steps: 54866

Eight courses unlocked so far, including Night Sky's Edge.

Chikorita♀ lvl.21
Houndour♂ lvl.21
Flaffy♀ lvl.21
Noctowl♂ lvl.21
Eevee♀ lvl.9

Trainer: Cristal
Badges: 3
Pokédex: 43

Traded over event Jirachi, PCP Pichu, Houndour egg (no egg moves), all Pokérus infected, as soon as I could. The event with Spiky-Eared Pichu was super cute.

Currently in (and around) Goldenrod City. Right now my focus is evolving Eevee into Espeon, and leveling her up to the rest of the team. Also have been playing Voltorb Flip, and close to getting a Dratini.

ETA: Of course after posting this, I caught a Dratini♀ via the Pokéwalker. Saves coins this way, I suppose.

Whitney was surprisingly easy. Clefairy went down fast, and Flaffy paralyzed Miltank twice in the same turn, then proceeded take it down fairly quickly. Bugsy on the other hand was a complete pain with his U-turn Scyther. That bout was tedious, even after his Scyther was paralyzed.

Last edited:

Hm,did a lot more things I throught I could do in just two hours, Im normally slower than your avarage player...

Traded myself a Houndour and a Murkrow,both at level 1.Trained them.Did the Pichu event(was incredibly cute) and fought some random trainers I missed.Currently Im going to deliver togepi to Elm and then Fight Whitney.

TEAM
CROCONAW-Blue.lvl 23
HOUNDOUR-Gold.lvl 12
MURKROW-Silver. lvl 15

SLAVES
ONIX-RockSmash
VENONATH-Flash
PARRAS-Cut

Last edited:

Okay, I'm now training for the olivine gym. This steelix is tougher than last time.

Quilava- lvl 30
Ampharos- lvl 30
Nidoking- lvl 29
Togetic- lvl 29

Giratina- lvl 14
Oddish- level 6

Training for the Cianwood, and Olivine Gym.
Team:
Growlithe (Lv. 24)
Pidgeotto (Lv. 23)
Mantine (Lv. 22) (Scyther had to go to the PC and be replaced by a surfing pokemon)
Flaaffy (Lv. 24)
Bayleef (Lv. 26)
Sudowoodo (Lv. 24)

Everyone on my team, Croconaw, Magby, Electabuzz, Rhyhorn, Dunsparce, and my recently caught Natu are Level 23. Beat Morty today, rather easily with Rhyhorn's Crunch and a steam of Dunsparce's Roll Outs, and caught Natu real fast before heading towards Cianwood. My Dunsparce was carrying a Psychic TM when it was traded to HG from Platinum, so my Natu already has a hard hitting move.

My Natu will also be the first to evolve, since I need to get Magby and Elekid to 30, Croconaw to 36 or so and Rhyhorn to 42...:/

I don't know when I should evolve Magmar, Electabuzz, and Rhyhorn though since I've got the items. Any suggestions?

Thanks to the lord you get the Level 50 obedience badge by Morty. You got in much later in DPt irc, so at this point in the game when I was playing Diamond and Platinum my mostly traded team was rebelling against me.

Last edited:

...and another update.

FINALLY beat Whitney after two FAIL tries... I ended up saving prior to the first battle, so after the second FAIL, I turned it off I stocked up on Potions, Fresh Water and Revives before trying her again. It worked for taking down that Miltank of hers.

Got a Wooper and Poliwag in the Pokewalker with my Slowpoke (Penelope). Currently, said Wooper is in there for later today.

Current Team (still all Female):
Merin (Hoppip), Lv.14
Tonfa (Flaaffy), Lv.17
Saba (Togepi), Lv.17
Lyra (Quilava), Lv.17
Keira (Pidgey), Lv.16
Shelie (Zubat), Lv.15

Yay, now off to Ecruteak~! Maybe I'll have some new evos/catches next update!

Just beat Whitney on my first try. I barely won though. If her Miltank's rollout wouldn't have missed that last turn, I would've lost. My Geodude was the last pokemon standing, and it had like 8 HP left.

My team currently is:
Bittytitz (Ekans): Level 15 [male]
Buddy (Drowsy): Level 15 [female]
Battie (Zubat): Level 15 [female]
Bakura (Gastly): Level 15 [female]
Boomer (Geodude): Level 19 [male]
Buttercup (Weepinbell): Level 21 [male]

I'm thinking about moving Gastly to my first poke'mon so it can follow me. I've been neglecting it a lot lately.

I also put my Cyndaquil in my PC box. I don't really see much use for it anymore.

Just beat Whitney on my first try. I barely won though. If her Miltank's rollout wouldn't have missed that last turn, I would've lost. My Geodude was the last pokemon standing, and it had like 8 HP left.

My team currently is:
Bittytitz (Ekans): Level 15 [male]
Buddy (Drowsy): Level 15 [female]
Battie (Zubat): Level 15 [female]
Bakura (Gastly): Level 15 [female]
Boomer (Geodude): Level 19 [male]
Buttercup (Weepinbell): Level 21 [male]

I'm thinking about moving Gastly to my first poke'mon so it can follow me. I've been neglecting it a lot lately.

I also put my Cyndaquil in my PC box. I don't really see much use for it anymore.
Poor Cyndaquil.. left to rot in a PC box.

YES!! Got my S.S. tickets!!
Congrats, off to Kanto then!

I am finally made it to Ecruteak. Decided to transfer over a low level Umbreon with the TM 79, Dark Pulse on it so I don't have much trouble with Morty. I also gave in and transferred a Natu with a Psychic TM attached.

I will post my team once I defeat Morty.

Finally bought HeartGold last night; currently in Violet City with a team of Cyndaquil, Mareep, Geodude, Sentret, Pidgey, and Caterpie. The last three are just space fillers, really - Mareep and Geodude are currently being trained for the Violet City Gym.

I decided to start my game over. I was having trouble once I got to Kanto and I didn't feel satisfied with the way I raised my team. Also I was regretting not getting Typhlosion. x_X

I just arrived in Violet City with

Cyndaquil lvl 12
Sentret lvl 8

Sentret's currently in the pokewalker. I'm going to try and get Cyndaquil to evolve before I take on Falkner. :3

I decided to start my game over. I was having trouble once I got to Kanto and I didn't feel satisfied with the way I raised my team. Also I was regretting not getting Typhlosion. x_X

oh man, you got a long way ahead of u. My team sucks, this far back at gold i had Meganium near 70, now its 44, and i have a lvl.32 pokemon on my team who isn't even a HM slave.

Congrats, off to Kanto then!
thnx!

I just beat Bugsy last night, and right after the win my Chikorita evolved. Bugsy was alot tougher than I thought he would be, and I was lucky to get his Scyther poisioned near the start of the battle. Stupid U-turn... Looks like I'm off to my favorite city next. I can't wait!

Alright, I have five badges and have kicked TR out of Mahogany and are now in Pryce's gym.

Typhlosion- lvl 36
Togetic- lvl 31
Nidoking- lvl 30
Ampharos- lvl 30
Scyther- lvl 14 (in training)
Pinsir- lvl 13 HM SLAVE

And I also have the Red Gyrados- lvl 30 that I may or may not use.

Team:
Bayleef lv. 17(ish)
Kangasghan lv. 17(ish)
Those are my main ones... Just beat Bugsy. That scyther is so annoying!

Just entered the Bug Catching contest and didn't even make 3rd although I caught a mean Beedrill. I had to retire though because I had 4 HP left and a Butterfree put my Gastly to sleep. Glad I didn't save the game. Attempt no. 2 here I come.

Finished a tour of the Elite 4 last night.

I didn't think I'd be able to run through it since everyone was near Lv40 or below. But after finishing Victory road pretty quick I took my chances and thought I would do a quick run with this team

Lv42 Evelyn [Leafeon]
Lv39 Lantis [Lanturn]
Lv39 Spook [Gengar]
Lv38 Blackberry [Furret]
Lv37 Dr. Evil [Togetic]
Lv45 Lugia

I came in mildly prepared. I used up 10 revives (all I had) and 2 max revives and plenty of lemonades, but I manged to pull it off.

In the end my heavyweights pleasingly turned out to be Leafeon and Lanturn (considering Lanturn was a rather late addition to the team and I've been raising Leafeon carefully even though it doesn't quite have a favorable nature). Lugia only came out just to stiff arm Lance and Bruno and give my other pokes a chance to recover.

Leafeon stood out on top at Lv47 with Lanturn close behind at Lv 43. The others put up a good fight, but I'm afraid couldn't last it till the end.

I was pretty shocked my team was able to pull it through considering I had to wait an eternity to get to a high enough level to beat the Elite 4 on my old Silver file.

Fun times. I'm taking a break for a bit and then it's off to Kanto.

You know who I forgot existed? Espeon. There goes my other special attacker problem. :p

Guess I'll go invade the Radio Tower now.

Back
Top Bottom