• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4th Gen Trainer's Travelog

Re: Trainer's Travelog

Just defeated Lance. I hate how Feraligatr is all I can use against him.

heh i just beat whats his face, ecruteak city gym leader. Now i think i got all six slots filled on my team.
1-scyther (KillrNinja) 25
2-Quilava (TowerOfPWR) 32
3-Nidorino(Nidoking soon) 23
4-Ampharos(fluffer) 31
5-Noctowl(Hooters) 22
6-Red Gyarados (n/a) 30
Also whats up with the fact that i caught scyther in the bug contest at lvl 14 and yet i was 3rd place.... a freaking weedle was #1.........

Last edited:

I just realized that I can transfer all of my pokemon to my diamond game and train them there in half the time.

I just finished the whole Red Gyarados thing with team rocket

Well I got 7 gym badges so far now if only that ragecandybar guy would stop blocking my way out of Mahagony Town. Anybody know what I have to do to get past him since I beat Jasmine, caught the shiny Gyarados and destroyed the Team Rocket HQ and layed the beatdown on Pryce? Anybody?

Training my Team for the League Challenge:

-Popper: Lv. 47
-Ryuu: Lv. 45
-Rojo: Lv. 45

New additions:
-BIDOOF (actually, it's a Misdreavus): Lv. 1, but got it in a trade, so I hope it can catch up with the others soon.
-I don't know what to pick up for a flying. I always wanted a Skarmory, but I also want Lugia in my team. After all, it's the version mascot! What do you suggest?

BTW, what happens if you try to go to Kanto without encountering Ho-oh/Lugia first? I read you can't reach theLeague, but who prevents you from doing that?

Last edited:

i lost against lance. i need to trade pokemon from platinum to HG. mamoswine, tyranitar, dragonite, and such.

Training my Spheal. Stupid bastard refuses to gain any defense :banghead:

alright. I'm now going against TR in Goldenrod.

Typhlosion: Lvl 36
Ampharos: Lvl 36
Togetic: Lvl 31
Nidoking: Lvl 31
Scyther: Lvl 27 (Will make Scizor tomorrow)
Pinsir: HM SLAVE

Planned League team to insure Victory:

Lvl 100 Arceus
Lvl 100 Darkrai
Lvl 45 Lugia
Typhlosion
Ampharos
Something else.

Well I got 7 gym badges so far now if only that ragecandybar guy would stop blocking my way out of Mahagony Town. Anybody know what I have to do to get past him since I beat Jasmine, caught the shiny Gyarados and destroyed the Team Rocket HQ and layed the beatdown on Pryce? Anybody?
The Guy on the path to the East of Mahogany Town (RageCandyBar Guy) isn't going to move. You have to Fly over to Goldenrod City and go to the Radio Tower as Team Rocket has taken it over.

I am currently training up my team for the Rival Battle in the Burned Tower. After that, it is off to challenge Morty!

I will post my team after defeating Morty and receiving the Fog Badge.

FINALLY got those 10,000 coins for Thunderbolt
Caught a Quiet Lapras, who I named Melor. She's level 20.

Current team:

Sandslash [Parma] - 23
Flaaffy [Lekima] - 23
Quilava [Linfa] - 25
Eevee [Harurot] - 8 [going for Espeon]
Lapras [Melor] - 20

Thinking of going for Espeon next, then taking the Mahogany route.

Yes, today is Lapras in Union Cave. Thanks for reminding me.

Finally beat Morty in the Ecruteak Gym. I truly dislike his Gastly and that Curse move, it almost cost me the badge.

Here is my team so far.
Umbreon, Level 31
Quilava, Level 26
Heracross, Level 26
Geodude, Level 23
Flaafy, Level 26
Pinsir, Level 14

Currently, I am using Pinsir as my HM slave as it can learn Cut, Strength, Rock Smash, and Rock Climb. I need to find a Pokemon that can use Surf though. I should probably go get Strength from Route 42. Next off to Olivine City, I heard the Lighthouse is supposed to be amazing.

Didn't accomplish much today at all.
No new Gym Badges.
Completely disregarded Ecruteak city and now I'm in olivine.
Ecruteak was always my least favorite place. But I know I'm not going to get but so far until I get that Gym Badge.

I also realized most of my pokemon are poison type, or at least partial

Weepinbell [Grass/Poison]
Ekans [Poison]
Gastly [Ghost/Poison]
Zubat [Flying/Poison]

It's not too bad until I battle someone with psychic type pokemon. I'm thinking about throwing my Ekans into the storage system and trying to get a water pokemon so I can surf.

Also my pokemon aren't where they need to be.
My Geodude is on level 20 and my weepinbell is on level 23 and my drowsee or gastly (i forgot) is on level 17 I think, but the rest of my pokemon aren't on a decent level and I'm starting to panic because trainers are getting stronger. Ah well.

I tried out the pokeathalon for the first time too. It was fun.

I was so happy last night, I put a Growlithe up on the GTS wanting a Pikachu and someone traded me for it! Also it's Japanese. I know that will change when I evolve it, but that's ok. :D Now I can have Raichu, my favorite pokemon. <3

I'm currently in Goldenrod and my team is

Pikachu lvl 10
Doduo lvl 22
Furret lvl 23
Quilava lvl 24

I just beat Whitney. I also have a Sandshrew on my team for using CUT with. I'm on my way to get Eevee, and when I get it I'm going to evolve it into Vaporeon with the Water Stone. I've been spending so much time doing the Pokeathlon! xD

In Kanto trying to get misty to fight me, but first i need to find that team rocket guy. I fought him but he just blasted. 10 Years to make you forget everything.

Edit: Found the machine part, they hid it in a different place this time -__-, upper left side of the gym, stand in front of the blue umbrella, 3 steps to right, face the tubes then press A.

Last edited:

I'm still grinding levels to fight Clair on SoulSilver.

HeartGold on the other hand...

Charm beat Pryce with a Defense Curl + Rollout combo from Miltank.

Currently defending the Radio Tower!

Miltank Level 27
Growlithe Level 30
Noctowl Level 28
Croconaw Level 27

I'm trying to decide what the last two Pokemon will be... I might get the Eevee from Bill and get an Umbreon. That still leaves me with one more spot.

Busy resetting for an Adamant Red Gyarados (Lake of Rage)

I spent two hours doing that and never got one. Now I have a Mild one, I kept it because it had near to perfect Attack and Speed IV's, and the rest are also decent enough.

I'm still training my Misdreavus for the E4 challenge. And I'm lost inside the Whirl Islands because I chose not to use Flash.

Last edited:

Just caught Snorlax, did it with only 2 ultra balls! hope to get the same luck with the other "only one in game" pokemons

Back
Top Bottom