• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4th Gen Trainer's Travelog

Re: Trainer's Travelog

Today I finally got that elusive Chansey swarm. Fainted my Compoundeyes Butterfree and put my Coveting Linoone in 2nd slot. Result? 22 Oval Stones and 7 Lucky Eggs. Also caught a Chansey, bred it, then released it.

Used Lucky Eggs to raise all my 'trained' (lv60-70) Pokemon up five or so levels.

Pidgeot becomes part of the 'Trained' group with a level of 60. Moveset of: Fly, Return (Happiness: 200+), Roost, and Mirror Move.

~ Now lies in wait for Clamperl swarm. Heart Scales FTW o_O.

Last edited:

I've been really busy with school and work lately, so I haven't played much.

Of course, with finals week looming it's time for procrastination!

I finally beat the E4's second showing. However, my team's levels are still in the mid-60s, so I'm not confident enough to face Red. (I eventually did, but more on that later.)

Instead of heading straight to Mt. Silver, I've been working on my Pokedex (something I rarely do along the way of the game). I've caught about 40 Pokemon since I started looking (I had 79 caught; now it's 119), and I'm about half done with the Unown Dex.

I've also been using the gym leader rematches to level up. Finally, out of boredom and really wanting the gen I/III starters, I thought I'd face Red. As I was ready to finish off Charizard, that little #@&A!? hit me with a critical hit Fire Blitz to send me away. He fainted at the same time from the hail. I only had one to go, too...

I just caught a lvl. 45 Sneasel, and though Glaceon's not bad, I'm strongly considering sending it over to Pearl to level it up and replace it. I also sent the Dragon's Den Dratini over there to level up (it's a lvl. 43 Dragonair now), so some lineup changes are likely to come soon.

Anyone have ideas for a strong Meganium attack set? I'm having a hard time incorporating it in my lineup because, well, its attacks seem irrelevant and terrible (any possible advantage it has is almost always covered by another Pokemon in my lineup). This is the first time I've picked the grass starter over water, and I'm quickly learning I'm not a big fan of the type.

So I've traded about 13 Pokémon to be EV trained from my Heart Gold to my Platinum; some of which include my Ho-oh Heart, my Lugia Soul, my Dunsparce Makar, my Hitmonlee Beat, my Umbreon Komali, my Giratina Valoo, my Red Gyrados Fruitsicle, my Ivysaur Syntheri, my Grovyle Jukais and I think that may be it. Currently I've EV trained Fruitsicle and raised it to level 70 [it started at level 30 today]. I think I'm going to raise all of them to 70 after EV training, then return them to Heart Gold to raise at my leisure.

Took my platinum level 1 Regigigas on a stroll on my Pokéwalker, and with my watts earned unlocked the Big Forest course. It looks particularily poor of Pokémon and items, but I think I've been spoiled with the Winner's Path awesome items.

Finally, breeding Numel [now with Stockpile!] with a Japanese Ditto my friend got off the GTS; if I don't get a shiny one, hopefully a modest one can come soon so I can everstone that for awhile for good IVs.

Bred Steven's Beldum with a Ditto. The baby's IVs are decent. I'm also thinking about training the Power Whip Bulbasaur I hatched.

Yo, so, a long-ish time since I wrote here.

I completed all in-game events except Arceus, coz I don't have one.

I went through the Elite Four! W00t! They were kinda easy - why? I actually had minimum items, as i'm broke, in-game. And with all that, I still managed to wipe them... yup, with, one of the pseudo legends, Dragonite! It was a breeze; honestly. It took out all Lance's poke's except Aerodactyl, and Gyarados, I think.

Anyways, I currently have 12 badges. I reached Kanto, yay! Restored power to the power plant, and I hate Misty, for callin' me a pest! *mutter grumble*

I'm gonna see, if I can get access to the Magnet train, as I hate taking the loop from Kanto to the Pokemon League, to Johto. It takes too long.....

Going in the direction of Fushia city, ATM, and challenge Janine. I don't see any troubles there, even though my PKMN are still a bit under most trainers, level wise anyways.

Team:
(Note: I'm to lazy, to go check the levels now...)

Typhlosion - lvl 46 (I think)
[Shiny]Gyarados - lvl 44
Espeon - lvl 46 (I think, again)
Ho-Oh - lvl 47
Ampharos - lvl 46/lvl 47
Dragonite - lvl 56/lvl 57

Beat Red on my second attempt. Picked up a Charmander that's chilling in the Pokewalker now, but I haven't picked up the gen III starter yet (sup Mudkipz?).

Right now I'm working on a few Pokedex projects: Eevolutions, the roaming dogs/Latios, and the Safari Zone item Pokemon. With Leafeon on Pearl, the only Eevees I need are Jolteon, Umbreon, and Flareon. I remembered getting Espeon/Umbreon to evolve to be much harder in S/C...oh well.

The dogs are annoying because Misdreavus (the first Pokemon I found in my box with Mean Look) is a little underleveled, so they've been fleeing before I get a chance. Lame.

I'm actually glad Espeon only took about 45 minutes to evolve, though, because now I have no choice but to study for my nutrition final!

Last edited:

Kanto final starter evos are now in the high 90s almost cleared to level 100 guys!

After that I'll do the same with Treeko, Torchic and my fav Mudkip

Alrighty, what happened since I last posted, which wasn't to long ago...?

Oh, right...

Beat Janine easily as possible, with underleveled pokes even!

Swiped Brock with Gyarados, lvl 44 at that moment. It was a team effort, I should say. With Ampharos taking out his Rock/Water types.

Received the Silver wing, found Copycat's doll, got Latias roaming the land, and finally, able to travel to Johto/Kanto much easier with the Magnet train.

Currently at Seafoan Island, where I'm in Blaine's NEW gym. I can't believe they destroyed his gym, with the eruption... Sorry, remembering Firered here! I liked the quizzes more, then.

So yeah, that's what I'm basically busy with..

Oh, crap, just remembered I had to visit Kurt!!! O.O

Just an update on the training of my HG guys [...on platinum XD] I'm on day 3 of training; one the first day, I EV trained my Red Gyrados, then levelled it to 70 [from 30]. On the second day, I EV trained my Cranidos, then levelled it to 70 [from 20]. Since I have less time today, on this day I have EV trained my Dragonair, and after work will hopefully get her to 70 [from 40].

I wish I could find the sheet for what EVs I had already given Ho-oh, I want to continue raising him ><

Just restarted (Like seriously, five minutes ago). I am training on Route 28(?).

Heatwave (Cyndaquil) Male
Level 9
Quiet Nature
Very Finicky

Tackle

Leer

Smokescreen

I'm going to get him up one more level, then head to Mr. Pokemon's house.

i jsut restarted last night, and this is my team. BTW, the riolu isnt mine

Aura(riolu)
lv 12

Hoothoot
lv 8

I am training to take on falkner and i think im gonna catch a mareep or sentret, cant decide.

Just realized that I've never posted here, so even though this is way way late. lD I thought this would be a fun idea, so here's where I am:

- Caught Lugia
- Caught Latias, Raikou, Suicune & Entei
- Beat Johto Gyms
- Heading off to face E4 Round 2! :eek:
- ...after I train Lucario. lD

Current Team:
Tyranitar [Male] Lv. 61
Feraligatr [Male] Lv. 61
Ampharos [Male] Lv. 60
Shiny Gyarados [Female] Lv. 58
Garchomp [Male] Lv. 50
Shiny Lucario [Male] Lv. 37

Team is:

Typhlosion, 45
Ampharos, 41
Kingler, 35
Jynx, 31
Murkrow, 20
Dratini, 20

Currently training everyone up to upper 30s - lower 40s so I can take on the E4.

I finally got a Larvitar from the Safari Zone. I think I'm starting to understand how that place works.

Currently training my Vespiquen. Level 43, trying to get her to 50 with the rest of them. ^^

I love the winner's path. Jsut got some more choice items and a focus sash from it.

Well, just finished getting all the gym badges of Kanto last night...

Received HM08 from Prof. Oak, and at the moment, I'm bored, with what to do. I kinda got lost in Mt. Silver, and I still need to level my team up to the level 70s or 80s - which they're currently very far from, actually. Level mid 40s, early 50s. Yeah.... Probably gonna trasnfer them to Platinum, and train like I never had before, perhaps, only like I did with my Dragonite. xD

So......... oh yeah, I found the place, where Giovanni and my Rival (Silver), had their first fight, 3 years ago, with the Celebi event. Was just riding off the east side, of the Pokemon league gate, and BOOM, there I found a familiar place, ironically, at night too.

So, anyways, yesterday, I traded a VGC 2010 eevee, for a MICHINA Arceus, so went and did the Sinjoh event. Yippee! World, say hi to my lvl 1 Giratina. Isn't it adorable....?

*clears throat*

Yeah, that was about it, so I'm gonna scan the GTS a bit, then set off training AGAIN.

Damn, but Arceus can swipe any opponent! Sheesh... :)

Restarted SoulSilver yesterday, got Totodile, got Ekans, got a Nidoran male from the Pokewalker, beat Falkner, hatched Togepi, booted Team Rocket out of the Slowpoke Well, beat Bugsy, beat Silver, taught Cut to Totodile, got to Goldenrod. Then I began worrying. What would my Cut slave be once I had to teach Waterfall AND Whirlpool to Feraligatr? I didn't want it knowing THREE HMs. Then I saw a Ditto. My Totodile knew Rage. Heh heh heh....

Team:
Ditto lv. 13 *holding Quick Powder*
Water Gun
Cut
Bite
Rage

Ekans lv. 16
Bite
Glare
Poison Sting
Wrap

Nidorino lv. 16
Poison Sting
Double Kick
Peck
Thunder

Togepi lv. 16 *in Pokewalker*
Metronome
Extrasensory
Rock Smash
Yawn

Croconaw lv. 18
Water Gun
Bite
Rage
Cut

The last spot on my team, BTW, is reserved for Koffing.

Back
Top Bottom