• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4th Gen Trainer's Travelog

Re: Trainer's Travelog

Currently...I'm training for the Blackthorn Gym. My team needs some experience before then.

Espeon- level 33 (leveling up for Psybeam)
Fearow- level 33
Lapras- level 32
Ampharos- level 37
Typhlosion- level 38
Tauros- level 20 (HM Slave)

Need an idea for 6th slot cause Tauros is only temporary

just beat falkner, team is

Spearow:Lv 15
Quuilava lv 15

Last night I beat the kimono girls. Before going any further I'm going to train my team up.

Ampharos- Lvl. 38
Politoed- Lvl. 37
Xatu- Lvl. 36
Heracross- Lvl. 36
Typhlosion- Lvl. 36
Donphan-Lvl. 33

At the Bug-Catching Contest. MUST GET SCYTHER+NINCADA.

Furret: Level 31
Lickylicky: Level 63
Chimecho: Level 60
Lanturn: Level 68
Mewtwo: Level 78
Pelipper: Level 54

Beat Clair, and recently caught Ho-Oh and Raikou

Dratini- Level 24
Fearow- Level 36
Espeon- Level 37
Lapras- Level 37
Ampharos- Level 40
Typhlosion- Level 40

Currently...I'm training for the Blackthorn Gym. My team needs some experience before then.

Espeon- level 33 (leveling up for Psybeam)
Fearow- level 33
Lapras- level 32
Ampharos- level 37
Typhlosion- level 38
Tauros- level 20 (HM Slave)

Need an idea for 6th slot cause Tauros is only temporary

Maybe Scyther? Or Dewgong? (Dewgong is quite useful for the last gym) Haunter/Gengar? (To be as menacing as ever to the computers) [I just guessed which types you don't have is a good type to have]

Haha nice Tauros as you HM slave. I currently have Miltank and Poliwag as HM slaves. Although I intend on using Miltank as a freed slave. Wow. I just said that. Anyways, I gave Milktank Strength but I don't know when to let go of that move. : D

Training for the Elite 4

Ampharos- Level 41
Typhlosion- Level 41
Dragonair- Level 37
Espeon- Level 39
Fearow- Level 37
Lapras- Level 38

Currently im taking on the E4. Im about to take on Karen then onto Lance. Im going to need some luck here. My stratergy for Lance will be X-Accuracy and Blizzard on Dragonite.

Typhlosion- Lvl. 42
Shadow Claw
Earthquake
Lava Plume
Flamethrower

Heracross- Lvl. 40
Brick Break
Aerial Ace
Close Combat
Strength

Donphan- Lvl. 42
Fire Fang
Secret Power
Magnitude
Assurance

Ampharos- Lvl. 42
Signal Beam
Headbutt
Discharge
ThunderPunch

Politoed- Lvl. 41
Blizzard
Bounce
Hypnosis
Surf

Xatu- Lvl. 42
Fly
U-Turn
Future Sight
Shadow Ball

I'm currently raising a Togekiss to round out my Battle Frontier team. After that I'll probably try taking down Red or something. Really should get around to doing that sometime.

Well afer alot of headaches I have finally taken down Lance. My total playtime was 29:07. It's now off to Kanto.

I'm currently up to Bruno. I'm having a bit of trouble, but it won't matter after I level up my Pidgeot some more.

Outside of Lance, Bruno imo is the toughest of the E4.

I havent posted for a while. I am up agianst the E4 when I have get strong enough. I kicked my starter pokemon, todidle, out because my Kingdra is a better water and dragon replacement than feraligatr.

My Team is

Steelix Lv.40
Bronzong Lv.35
Kingdra Lv.39-40
Dusknoir Lv.38
Beedrill Lv.34
Togetic Lv.38

I have vulpix, dratini, magmar, Lugia, and Jirachi as backups. Anyone have an idea on how to find Suicune, Entei, and Rikou? Who should I use the Master Ball on?

Well I have collected all 16 badges. Im trying to find a good spot to train my team team up before I go after Red. Currently have a low leveled team here is where they are right now

Typhlosion- Lvl. 51
Politoed- Lvl. 56
Heracross- Lvl. 52
Ampharos- Lvl. 54
Xatu- Lvl. 55
Donphan- Lvl. 54

Gonna fight Red (with GB Player)!

Ty - Typhlosion lv 85
BestWishes - Togekiss lv 85
Beacon - Ampharos lv 85
H2O - Vaporeon lv 85
S'winter - Mamoswine lv 85

(Marowak for rock climb)

edit: And I won! It took me more than 78 hours to get here. Snorlax would be the hardest, I think.

Another edit: I just got Bulbasaur from Prof. Oak and a Mudkip from Steven.

Last edited:

Today, I tried to find Golduck unsuccessfully. I was trying to completely fill up my Johto Pokedex, which currently has 253 seen and 239 owned. Then I went to the Battle Tower to get Rayquaza's IV average checked: "relatively superior." Then I challenged Tag Battle Battle Tower for the first time with Mira and currently I have a 7-win streak for now.

Later, I went to check whether the Pokemon I have put into the GTS for one day had been traded or not. Looks like it didn't, so I took it back. I was looking for a Croagunk. I then received an Egg from the Day-Care Man, and put Rotom into the PC.

I also got a point for the Blue Card for giving the right password in Buena's Password. The reward for reaching 25 points: A Rare Candy!

Now, I'm training my Dragonair and Swablu at Mt. Silver. Since Swablu is still at a rather low level, it's levelling up with the help of an Exp. Share. I also have two Eggs in possesion to be hatched, and a Crobat for easy travelling, as well as some lava snail Pokemon whose name I forgot.

i am still trying to get new pokemon to fill my pokedex

Pokédex:
Johto: 148 obtained / 233 seen
National: 264 obtained / 377 seen
Score: 10872
Time: 178:59

also, to do list

- get mewtwo
- try to get 5 shiny leaf for a star on trainer card

My advice to anyone: if you still have a Master Ball, use it on a roaming legendary. It'll save you 1/3 of the headaches associated with those @#(@#!$.

My Pokedex is coming along nicely. Now that I have five Pokemon around level 70, I've started using the E4 as a training ground to evolve lower-leveled Pokemon. Right now it's the Typhlosion line...woo!

Right now I'm in the Seafoam Islands on the hunt for Articuno, the only stationary legendary I have left to catch. Still have yet to see a Chansey in the game, though. :p

Back
Top Bottom